CBOB - My first 1911 - Page 4

CBOB - My first 1911

This is a discussion on CBOB - My first 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Big902, +1 for what ming said. I have medium sized hands...don't like full size guns, and I love my grip size on the CBOB. You ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CBOB - My first 1911

Big902, +1 for what ming said. I have medium sized hands...don't like full size guns, and I love my grip size on the CBOB. You can even replace the grips with some of Sarge's slim grips to thin it out even more.

For those of you who commented on my slide lock problems... I spoke with a very helpful gentlelman at Dan Wesson. He said that sometimes that mags need to be tuned(?). He agreed with my assessment that the follower was just slipping by the slide catch sometimes. He suggested just slightly tweaking the upper right hand side of the magazine lip to accommodate a slightly tighter push against the catch. I'll let you know how it works. From what I've read these Checkmate mags and followers are supposed to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG902 View Post
    Congrats on your find! I have been on the hunt for a CBOB to put in my hand so I can see how it feels. I have decided that is the gun I want, but have a hard time spending the money on something I have never held. Being blessed with small hands the size does matter. Would you mind giving me an idea on how the size of the frame is?
    1911's fit small hands; I have fairly small hands. The CBOB grip does not feel the same as a traditional 1911 flat MSH grip. I ordered without ever holding, and at first I wasn't just crazy about the grip - it was just okay, you know - but it grew on me, big time.

The grip panels on the CBOB are full-thickness - I generally prefer 1911's with thin or tweener grips, and I think those would complement this one nicely as well. Dan Wesson seems to think so as well; the V-BOB replaces the CBOB, and it has "slimline" grips.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links