CBOB - My first 1911

CBOB - My first 1911

This is a discussion on CBOB - My first 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up my new 2010 Dan Wesson CBOB. Finally after months of drooling over my keyboard and online photos of various 1911's I picked ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBOB - My first 1911

Talking CBOB - My first 1911

Just picked up my new 2010 Dan Wesson CBOB. Finally after months of drooling over my keyboard and online photos of various 1911's I picked up my first. I say first because I already want another. Many thanks to JD for writing the multi-part 1911 buyers guide!!!

I knew I was close to "pulling the trigger" on a 1911 purchase and I wanted to fondle a few to help me decide on which to get. So last Friday Ilikeguns and myself were heading down to the nearest Cabella's to stock up on ammo (they seem to have a good selection & prices here). We decided to stop by another gun store on the way just to see what they had in stock. I did not really consider the CBOB to be a contender as I have had a very difficult time finding one locally and was unsure about buying through GunBroker.com. I knew that Cabella's had a Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II in stock and I was almost sure that's what I wanted. My plan was, and still is, to rotate the 1911 into my daily carry depending on clothing for the day. Hence, the fact that I was leaning towards a 3 inch model. While holding a black Raptor II my eye caught the CBOB on the bottom of the case. In my head I remember saying "OMG is that a CBOB". A few minutes later I had put a deposit to hold it. That lasted all of 2 hours....I just couldn't bear the thought of if sleeping one more lonely night in the back room of that store. Swung back by on our way back up the mountain and took it with me. Apparrently it had just come in the night before. A few of the employees caught a glimpse of it while I was finishing up the paperwork and commented that they didn't know it was in there or they would have bought it. Regardless, IT's MINE!

It's just beautiful. I have only 100 rounds through it with a few minor hiccups. I should have cleaned & oiled before it's first run but I just could not wait. The slide failed to lock back on 3 of the mags I ran through. I'm guessing it just needed a clean, some oil and a good break in. Back to saving my peanuts....the 10MM CBOB with black slide is still there and I want it too.
    Attached Images

JD
    Administrator
    Looks great! Hopefully I'll be getting a Dan Wesson this year.

VIP Member
    Congratulations!

Looks good! Let us know how it's doing in a couple of thousand rounds! It'll go quicker than you can believe. Shooting them gets addictive.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Very nice! The CBOB is on my very short list. congrats
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Now THAT is one great looking pistola, congrats on the purchase.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Czexy

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    A DW for your FIRST 1911? Yeeshh..am I jealous.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    A DW for your FIRST 1911? Yeeshh..am I jealous.
    Do it right the first time. I wanted a "keeper"

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the CBOB is being discontinued after this year and that they are only making 200. Can anyone confirm? The serial #'s changed from previous years from a 4 digit to just 3...mine is C1XXCZ. Does that mean it's #XXX of 200 for the final run?

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought a series 80 Colt Combat Commander in stainless. Have a order in with C&S to have it bobtailed and front and rear grip stipled as I couldn't find a DW.

Beautiful pistol and my congrats to you.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Man, that is great looking gun. I Went looking at 1911s today. Wish there was some local that carried DWs.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I picked up a CBOB a little while ago. It's a great 1911 and has become one of my favorites. I actually feel sorry that it is now going to be difficult to find, with DW having a relatively small production run and all of those going to CA. Glad I picked up mine when I did.

Congrats, you won't be sorry. The CBOB is my EDC and the more you shoot it the better it will get. Clean it good and keep plenty of oil on it and you should have no problems. Good Luck

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Great looking 1911 you got yourself there.

I am curious, though, what you mean by a "2010 CBOB"; my understanding is that DW stopped making the CBOB this year in favor of the VBOB (Valor Bobtail)...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Congrats!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    Do it right the first time. I wanted a "keeper"

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the CBOB is being discontinued after this year and that they are only making 200. Can anyone confirm? The serial #'s changed from previous years from a 4 digit to just 3...mine is C1XXCZ. Does that mean it's #XXX of 200 for the final run?
    Hey, I did the same thing. My first 1911 is a CBOB too.

Yes there will be only 200
    You have # one hundred and...
    I have # 124

You are going to love it!

Sled

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links