Glock 37 for $379.00 - Page 2

Glock 37 for $379.00

This is a discussion on Glock 37 for $379.00 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I should stay away from GAP. Why do you think that they sell it so cheap? Because they are nice? If you want a .45, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GM
    I should stay away from GAP. Why do you think that they sell it so cheap? Because they are nice? If you want a .45, why do not you get a .45 ACP which is a very good caliber? I just do not see the reason to why try to discover the wheel again
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    I should stay away from GAP. Why do you think that they sell it so cheap? Because they are nice? If you want a .45, why do not you get a .45 ACP which is a very good caliber? I just do not see the reason to why try to discover the wheel again
    +1 Its definitely looking like its on the way out.

I hope it is not. I hope Glock sticks to its "guns" ...pun intended. I have shot it...it is accurate, and in a nice concealable package. The ballistics are good. I wouldnt mind owning one myself some day for a novelty, or just something different.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I would buy one and stock up on cheap ammo.... they are great guns.. I have found gap ammo at most gunshops in my area...

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    45 GAP had its place.
    9mm macarov had its place
    7.62 nagant had its place

All listed cartridges where designed for one reason or another. They all can still be found (some easier then others). All are STILL sometimes issued to minority country's military and police. They may not be as popular as their counterpart cartridge but you can find the guns that shoot them really really cheap.

If you where on a limited budget and had a choice between a Glock 45GAP or a taurus .45ACP which would YOU choose?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I actually handled a Glock 39 just yesterday at Shooters Express in Mt. Holly, NC! I love the feel of it. Just like my Glock 27. I'm actually thinking about buying one. If I cannot find the ammo in local gun shops I'm sure I'll find it online.
    "Shotgun bullets are bad for your health"
    -Ice Cube

Quote Originally Posted by G27owner View Post
    I actually handled a Glock 39 just yesterday at Shooters Express in Mt. Holly, NC! I love the feel of it. Just like my Glock 27. I'm actually thinking about buying one. If I cannot find the ammo in local gun shops I'm sure I'll find it online.
    I looked on Midwayusa and they had tons of .45GAP ammo.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    If there are any .45 GAP fans out there Buds gun shop has new Glock 37s for $379.00. Not a fan of the .45GAP, but thats a great deal. If I had the money Id get it just to add to the collection. Can you even find .45GAP ammo these days?
    I actually saw a box of 45GAP ammo this past weekend at my local hardware store behind the counter. I figure it might have been special order. Thing is, for that price, (and if I had the spare money), I'd buy it just to have it, and because it's a Glock, and worry about ammo later. That is quite a deal to get into a Glock, but you'll have to survey the big picture which should include the ammo availability. I could tell you my opinions now, but it's best for you to gauge the futures market on your own accord. Good deal on any new Glock pistol though.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I could tell you my opinions now, but it's best for you to gauge the futures market on your own accord. G
    Well don't hold back now.......
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

local gun shop here in skagit county Wa has about 6 or more glocks of various models for $350 to $365. They are used though. Never seem to have any used XD's, though they tell me they sell plenty of them.

I could never understand Glock love. I have held them, shot them, disassembled them, still just never GOT it.

To each there own. They work, always seem to go bang, it's just, not right I guess.

I'll agree the gap I don't forsee having much future. Well see.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Think of it this way... the worst thing that happens is GAP goes to the way side. You aren't able to buy it anymore. Trim and reload .45ACP brass. Problem solved.

P.S. I know Glock tells you not to reload but just don't use cast lead bullets and watch what the heck you are doing
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Think of it this way... the worst thing that happens is GAP goes to the way side. You aren't able to buy it anymore. Trim and reload .45ACP brass. Problem solved.

P.S. I know Glock tells you not to reload but just don't use cast lead bullets and watch what the heck you are doing

you cannot use 45acp brass to make GAP ammo.

the GAP brass has thicker walls, and a uses a small pistol primer, as a apposed to the large pistol primer of the 45acp.

if you can't find GAP brass, well then you're outa luck....

Face it...there is going to be 45 gap ammo and brass available...they still have 8mm, 9mm steyer and the like available...somebody is going to make it as long as there are glocks...corbon especially...

45 g.a.p.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    If there are any .45 GAP fans out there Buds gun shop has new Glock 37s for $379.00. Not a fan of the .45GAP, but thats a great deal. If I had the money Id get it just to add to the collection. Can you even find .45GAP ammo these days?
    Hi wormy

45 GAP ammunition is carried by GaleryOfGuns.com and all gun shops can order it for you.

Hope this helps the 37 is a great gun

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    As stated previously - ammo availibility. Here locally it is near impossible to find. That being said, there is a post on here about some LEA that switched to GAP.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links