Glock 37 for $379.00

This is a discussion on Glock 37 for $379.00 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If there are any .45 GAP fans out there Buds gun shop has new Glock 37s for $379.00. Not a fan of the .45GAP, but ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 37 for $379.00

Glock 37 for $379.00

If there are any .45 GAP fans out there Buds gun shop has new Glock 37s for $379.00. Not a fan of the .45GAP, but thats a great deal. If I had the money Id get it just to add to the collection. Can you even find .45GAP ammo these days?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

2. Remove Ads

I wouldn't mess with the GAP...stick with plain 'ole .45 ACP Glocks '21, 30, or 36'...OMO

But, that said, and if for just a collection piece with a couple of boxes of (more difficult to find ammo) to be able to show your great-grand kids what GAP ammo used to look like...perhaps.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

^^^the Don is correct.

That's the reason they're selling so cheap.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Its only made by one manufacturer...the gun and the ammo....think about it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

$379?

Considering the caliber, sounds like a perfect example of "penny wise, pound foolish" to me. .45 GAP doesn't have much of a future, IMHO.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I have to disagree...I carried a G39 last year that I bought for cost from my dealer buddy...when I bought it..ammotogo had corbon hp's on sale for $10 a box...I snagged up 120 rds and that G39 was the most accurate Glock I have ever shot...ammo isn't hard to find (if you know where to look) the only reason I got rid of it was a guy wanted it a heckuva lot more than I did. If you are on the fence...the Glock for $379 is a great deal...the only reason I haven't snagged up another is that once I shot my HK P7....don't think I will own another glock...

I just looked at ammotogo and they have plenty of ammo for the GAP...

Same reason. It's not a popular caliber or gun.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    If there are any .45 GAP fans out there Buds gun shop has new Glock 37s for $379.00. Not a fan of the .45GAP, but thats a great deal. If I had the money Id get it just to add to the collection. Can you even find .45GAP ammo these days?
    I bought one 4-5 weeks ago. I've already added a SS guide rod, Tru-glo FO sights, NY1 spring and 3.5lb connector. Plan is to make it a truck gun shortly. IMO. those that poo-poo the round or the gun have not taken the time to investigate the benefits. The #1 complaint about any glock is that it feels like a brick right? - this is not the case with the G37. I feels good to me. I've shot a number of Glock's and previously owned a G27. Ammo is available, but maybe not in your local area. FMJ is slightly more. Premium JHP is about the same or slightly less.

Don't be a lemming. Do the research, make up your own mind and don't listen to the naysayers. Five state police organizations have now adopted the G37..more will follow. 45 GAP is not dead, nor is dying.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I agree with Warmon..there are lot more than one manufacturer making ammo for it.... it is a good round..don't knock it till you try it...Robbie

Do they do anything with your info when you "register"? Seems like they'll be worth comparing prices with when I make a G27 purchase later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    I bought one 4-5 weeks ago. I've already added a SS guide rod, Tru-glo FO sights, NY1 spring and 3.5lb connector. Plan is to make it a truck gun shortly. IMO. those that poo-poo the round or the gun have not taken the time to investigate the benefits. The #1 complaint about any glock is that it feels like a brick right? - this is not the case with the G37. I feels good to me. I've shot a number of Glock's and previously owned a G27. Ammo is available, but maybe not in your local area. FMJ is slightly more. Premium JHP is about the same or slightly less.

Don't be a lemming. Do the research, make up your own mind and don't listen to the naysayers. Five state police organizations have now adopted the G37..more will follow. 45 GAP is not dead, nor is dying.

Yep....what he said.

Then why the extremely low price on new guns and even lower on used? It's called supply and demand. There are still tons of police agencies using the 9mm...not a good indicator of a great weapon.

glock 37'39's and the ammo is going pretty cheap on most websites at the moment because distributors are trying to clear out the last of their inventory.

once they do, the price for GAP ammo will skyrocket as it is only used by a tiny civilian market, and only a half dozen LE agencies (who will drop their glock GAPs accordingly). then this round will fade off into the sunset like a bad movie.

glock is the only manufacturer still making GAP chambered guns, XD & Para discontinued theirs. Springfield armory never released the EMP in GAP as was originally intended, recognizing the lack of a market for it. (the EMP GAP is what won the NRA gun of the year award, never hit the market though).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links