New PM9 w/ PICS!

This is a discussion on New PM9 w/ PICS! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I went back to the store today and walked out with a brand spankin new Kahr PM9. Priced was originally 679.99, marked down to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PM9 w/ PICS!

New PM9 w/ PICS!

So I went back to the store today and walked out with a brand spankin new Kahr PM9. Priced was originally 679.99, marked down to 629.99, and since I know the owner, always suggest his business to people, and in his words "am like family", I got another $30 knocked off. OTD price was 634. Overall I'm quite happy with that. I was looking at the CW9's too, and by the time I buy the second magazine, I'm only about 150 bucks difference between the two. So, here's some pictures

First one is what came in the box. Second one has my current EDC, a M&P 9c. It's in there for a size comparison.
    Attached Images
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

2. Remove Ads

The knife in the picture is a Spyderco Endura ZDP plain edge. It measures 8 3/4" overall.
    Attached Images

Very nice gun, made even nicer by such a great deal.

Congrats! Nice pics too.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Congrats on the new pistola, and a great deal!
    Great pics, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Here is the PM9 in her new home, a Fist Untitled Document leather IWB with velcro to adjust the cant. So far I'm very pleased with the holster. Being able to adjust the cant, and how high or low it rides will give me the ability to find that "perfect spot."
    Attached Images

looks like a great new purchase!
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

So I brought her home, read the manual, and proceeded to disassemble her. This is quite a bit more difficult than the M&P, basically due to the ferociously strong recoil spring. Once the slide is held back pulling out the slidestop was a breeze. She was bone dry, I gave her a good cleaning and then used a generous amount of Weapon Shield. I put her back together, and racked the slide until my fingers hurt. The slide is MUCH smoother on my M&P, but that has quite a few more rounds through it.

Being left handed, I was worried about the ability to slingshot a round into the chamber. I knew this was a known issue on these going in, but wanted to go with the PM9 anyways.

After loading up both magazines with FMJ ammo, I proceeded to slingshot the first round in, hand cycle each round out, until locked, and did the same with the second magazine. NO PROBLEM whatsoever! I was very happy to say the least.

Since that went so well, I decided to try it with my HydoShock 147gr. hollow points. Once again, it performed perfectly! Now, I have not shot her yet, but hopefully thisis a sign of good things to come.

I originally intended to carry this with the 7rd in when IWB, but it seems to print just as bad with a tight shirt as my M&P. Now when I say "print" it's more of a "slight ripple" in the shirt than anything. I'll be using the flush magazine most likely.

What a joy to carry, this thing just disappears in a t-shirt, which is exactly what I wanted. Everyone needs to own one :) My only complaint is about the grip, boy is it sharp. I'm thinking a grip sleeve is in order.

I'll post up when she gets fed the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    So I brought her home, read the manual, and proceeded to disassemble her. This is quite a bit more difficult than the M&P, basically due to the ferociously strong recoil spring. Once the slide is held back pulling out the slidestop was a breeze. She was bone dry, I gave her a good cleaning and then used a generous amount of Weapon Shield. I put her back together, and racked the slide until my fingers hurt. The slide is MUCH smoother on my M&P, but that has quite a few more rounds through it.

Being left handed, I was worried about the ability to slingshot a round into the chamber. I knew this was a known issue on these going in, but wanted to go with the PM9 anyways.

After loading up both magazines with FMJ ammo, I proceeded to slingshot the first round in, hand cycle each round out, until locked, and did the same with the second magazine. NO PROBLEM whatsoever! I was very happy to say the least.

Since that went so well, I decided to try it with my HydoShock 147gr. hollow points. Once again, it performed perfectly! Now, I have not shot her yet, but hopefully thisis a sign of good things to come.

I originally intended to carry this with the 7rd in when IWB, but it seems to print just as bad with a tight shirt as my M&P. Now when I say "print" it's more of a "slight ripple" in the shirt than anything. I'll be using the flush magazine most likely.

What a joy to carry, this thing just disappears in a t-shirt, which is exactly what I wanted. Everyone needs to own one :) My only complaint is about the grip, boy is it sharp. I'm thinking a grip sleeve is in order.

I'll post up when she gets fed the first time.
    Congrats on the new purchase...Holsters are a funny thing...you just need to try different ones to see what fits your style the best.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

I own more KAHR's than is good for me and I have had to dehorn everyone, especially the slide release. I also remove the bumps from the front of the grip and put a strip of skateboard tape where the bumps were. I found that this keeps the pistol from torquing during recoil. I pocket carry a PM9 as a companion to a CW9 during the summer and a CW45 and a M85 Taurus in the winter. I use a Comp-tac IWB holster for the CW9 and a Jim Spiedel made pancake OWB for the CW45.

Congratulations! I love my PM9. It's been flawless so far and extremely accurate with the Crimson Trace. I carry it in a Crossbreed MiniTuck. I would give the Speer 124gr.+P for short barrels a try. It's been a very accurate round for me.

Great decision on the PM9. It's a great carry pistol. I also had a problem with the slide stop being so sharp as well as the grip. After about 50 rounds it can make your palms sore.

I installed Agrips on the handle, and it made a huge difference. Take a look at a couple of pics from a previous thread.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-kahr-pm9.html

GM
    Congrats on the new PM9. You made a very good choice! The M&P looks huge compared with the PM9
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Absolutely beautiful, congrats!

Great choice. Can't go wrong with a Kahr
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Congrats on the new gun! My edc is also a M&P9c.. I've been thinking about going with the Taurus 709 slim for a warm weather CCW. This Kahr sure is tempting though.. The comparison pictures are just what I want to see. I'm also a lefty, does the PM9 have ambi mag release?

Can't wait to see the range report! Great gun, amazing deal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links