Wanting a new gun????

This is a discussion on Wanting a new gun???? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm in the market for a new handgun and wanting a single stack mag. In a 9 or a 40..... Looking for some advise on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanting a new gun????

Wanting a new gun????

I'm in the market for a new handgun and wanting a single stack mag. In a 9 or a 40..... Looking for some advise on what you guys like in that catagory.

Thanks

would like to stay under $700
    Kimber Pro Carry HD
    Glock 23
    Springfield XD40
    Kahr CW9
    Browning Buckmark 22LR

2. Remove Ads

ntg
    First welcome to DC. Second you're going to find a lot of opinions and giving us a little more about your intended use, etc. will help. Because you want a single stack I'll assume you're talking about a CCW. The PF9, PT709, Kahrs are options. Good luck.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Quote Originally Posted by ntg View Post
    First welcome to DC. Second you're going to find a lot of opinions and giving us a little more about your intended use, etc. will help. Because you want a single stack I'll assume you're talking about a CCW. The PF9, PT709, Kahrs are options. Good luck.
    Yes it would be for CC I've been looking at the kahrs don't know much about them and would like to stay away from bersa's
    Kimber Pro Carry HD
    Glock 23
    Springfield XD40
    Kahr CW9
    Browning Buckmark 22LR

Taurus has the new 709 slim in 9mm, looks like a simple field strip similar to a GLOCK. However, I've heard that it doesn't even like Winchester White Box ammo, and for my limited options on practice ammo that is a big strike.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Sig P239! I have one in 40 S&W. I'd love to have one in 9mm too. Great CCW! (IMO)
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

I just went through the same decision process. I wanted a single stack 9MM so I went to a large gun store with almost every 9mm single stack in stock. I handled each one and hands down the one the felt the best in my hands was the Kimber Ultra Carry II.

You have to be comfortable with the 1911 platform and the price tag (yikes!) but it felt like an extension of my hand.

I just ordered 500 rounds of ammo and will hopefully get to the range this weekend.

Mike

VIP Member
    I'll 2nd the Sig P239, great little gun, comfortable, easy to shoot, ultimately reliable, and the highest of quality construction. It is also available with at least 3 different trigger set-ups.

-DA/SA
    -DAK (double action Kellerman)
    -SRT (short reset trigger)
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Sorry...I did not see the under $700 requirement....

Walther PPS comes in 9mm or .40
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Kahr P9....most natural feeling handgun I have ever handled.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sig P239! I have one in 40 S&W. I'd love to have one in 9mm too. Great CCW! (IMO)
    I will third the motion on the 239
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Skip the Kahr, it was the worst gun I have ever owned. It would FTE every third round regardless of the amo. Sent it to kahr and still had the problem. IMHO their customer service is crap. I bought my wife the Taurus PT709 and she loves it. No problems with cheap amo or anything put through it for that matter. I have a berrea 92FS that I carried in the military and believe it to be a great 9mm platform. Very easy to field strip and a high quality piece. Also very easy on the budget. Got mine for 600 brand new. I also have a S&W Sigma 40 cal and love it to death. This is my dedicated every day carry gun. I cant say enough good things about this fire arm. Great for point shooting. Acurate straight out of the box. At 50' 3/4 grooping. If you want a high power round for every day carry then I would recomend something in the 40 cal region. My sigma was roughly half the cost of my berreta and in my opinion it is tied for first with the berreta. Fit and finish are both great. I like the sigma due to weight when carrying. The berreta is a bit large for me to carry and is a bit heavier. Good luck in your search.

single stack 9mm, under $700:

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Take a look at the CW, P, and PM series from Kahr.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I would highly recommend a Sig P6/P225 if you can find one. Single stack and a lil tack driver. I picked up a P6 a few years back for under $300 and it is an awesome gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links