I've found my EDC gun - Page 2

I've found my EDC gun

This is a discussion on I've found my EDC gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my G26. I have several holsters for it and can share most of the holsters with my G17 and G19, and no matter ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've found my EDC gun

I love my G26. I have several holsters for it and can share most of the holsters with my G17 and G19, and no matter which two of the Glocks I carry, I just carry G17 mags for backup. Gotta love compatibility of mags between weapons. The same mags work in all three and my Kel-Tec SUB-2000. Have you ever seen a 33 round mag in a Glock 26? I have to admit that it does look rather comical.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Great choice! My G26 is never, well almost never out of my reach, I love it!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I'm tempted to get a Glock 26 someday. The only thing is I wish it was thinner.
    On duty: Glock 21 SF (.45) w/ Safariland Cobra Tactical holster & Remington Hallow-points
    CCW: Glock 19 Gen 3 (9mm) w/ Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster
    Magtech Hollow-points

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Great choice!
    You've already noted the option of the 9mm conversion. You can also go up to .357 Sig if you'd like to have another caliber option available.

The .40 is an excellent cartridge and readily available in many bullet options.

I'm planning on a G22 or M&P 40 for the same reasons--conversion options. I've got time to consider my choice; the boat's got to go first!

Enjoy--and enjoy some more.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by ramrunnr View Post
    I love my G26. I have several holsters for it and can share most of the holsters with my G17 and G19, and no matter which two of the Glocks I carry, I just carry G17 mags for backup. Gotta love compatibility of mags between weapons. The same mags work in all three and my Kel-Tec SUB-2000. Have you ever seen a 33 round mag in a Glock 26? I have to admit that it does look rather comical.
    I imagine it looks kinda like a hammer! And you're right, same mags, different weapons, is a BIG plus.

Welcome to the Glock side! You won't regret it! The G27 is my favorite EDC gun... as you can tell by my user name haha
    "Shotgun bullets are bad for your health"
    -Ice Cube

Good going! Shot about a 100 rds out of my G27 yesterday. Fun, fun, fun. Happy shooting!
    Bosun
    Semper Paratus
    "Never choose a life at sea--it holds you like a prison"

I've never been a big fan of Glocks, although I carried one for my job (armored transport) for awhile, until I found the M&P. But a guy that I worked with had bought a G26 and let me try it out...at 10 yards (remember, first time I ever shot one) I was able to get about a 3" group, with three rounds touching, and it shot right where I aimed it. If I were to buy another Glock, I'd go with either a 26 or 27. I think the sub compacts are the best of the bunch.
    Gary

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"

Right now it's a tie between my G19 and my G26 as to which one get's more carry. Shot IDPA match today with my G26 and it's starting to win me over!
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Great choice...the 27 is my EDC loaded with Hornady TAP 155gr JHP's.
    Proud NRA member

Love my G26 and G23.

Forgive me for my traiterous comment, but, if you want a thinner Glock, try the Taurus 709 Slim. Works great for me. Trigger so light you only have to breath on it. When Glock makes a thinner G26 or G27 I'll be the first in line.

I'm considering buying a G27 only because I like the 40 cal so much. Beside, I need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosun View Post
    Good going! Shot about a 100 rds out of my G27 yesterday. Fun, fun, fun. Happy shooting!
    Thanks, did you get the "numb thumb " too? Mine was tingling a little after a box of 50. Felt good!

Quote Originally Posted by jsunsr View Post
    Love my G26 and G23.

Forgive me for my traiterous comment, but, if you want a thinner Glock, try the Taurus 709 Slim. Works great for me. Trigger so light you only have to breath on it. When Glock makes a thinner G26 or G27 I'll be the first in line.

I'm considering buying a G27 only because I like the 40 cal so much. Beside, I need one.
    You must have gotten a real winner, the trigger pull on mine is long & not so light, lol.....

I love my G27!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links