magazine holsters

magazine holsters

This is a discussion on magazine holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings. I have a Glock 30 in which i use a Crossbreed Supertuck... but i have no way of carrying a spare magazine. I am ...

Thread: magazine holsters

magazine holsters

Greetings. I have a Glock 30 in which i use a Crossbreed Supertuck... but i have no way of carrying a spare magazine. I am a....ummm... a little on the chunky side. I dont want a vertical magazine holder, and would prefer a horizontal outside the belt carry sort of thing. Any suggestions? I see that some of the magazine holsters carry two mags, but i dont know if i could conceal one very easily. Thanks for the help Here is the dancing banana.... for no other reason thani like it. Yours truly, Forest Gump.... oooh i mean Bunker.

Horizontal mag holders take up way more waistline than they should especially for some of the full size pistols. Way easier to conceal a vertical mag holder with magazine IMO. You may have a lot of real estate to deal with, but I don't think you'll be saving a whole lot going with a horizontal rig even with a G30 magazine. Some of the Uncle Mikes kydex holders will go either inside or outside the waist band and clip over the belt.

Tough to conceal horizontal mag pouches. They don't follow the curve of your body, no matter how large.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    If you put the mag just over your backside it'll conceal, especially since you are on the heftier side. When I was fat I used either an Uncle mikes or a Gunmate. right now I'm using a duel vertical mag pouch from 5.11
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Ok, thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them. Bunker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Greetings. I have a Glock 30 in which i use a Crossbreed Supertuck... but i have no way of carrying a spare magazine. I am a....ummm... a little on the chunky side. I dont want a vertical magazine holder, and would prefer a horizontal outside the belt carry sort of thing. Any suggestions? I see that some of the magazine holsters carry two mags, but i dont know if i could conceal one very easily. Thanks for the help Here is the dancing banana.... for no other reason thani like it. Yours truly, Forest Gump.... oooh i mean Bunker.
    Here are some suggestions for you:
    Bianchi Accumold # 7320 or 8002 - Single and Double Mag. - can be worn either horiz. or vert.

Uncle Mikes Cordura # 88291 or 88321, Single or double pouch -universal. can be worn either horiz. or vert.

Then there is the Fobus Roto style.

I think you will find the Accumold or Cordura nylon most comfortable and least bulky. The models I selected don't have large flaps on them that add to the bulk.

I also have leather if you prefer.

All can be viewed at my website. gunsandsupply.com The category is Holsters and accessories, then click on Magazine pouches.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links