CC & Exercise

This is a discussion on CC & Exercise within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tmoore912 I don't have one, but it looks like it would work great. Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns Bookmarked for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CC & Exercise

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    I don't have one, but it looks like it would work great.

Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns

Bookmarked for future reference.
    I like the looks of this 'carry', also...it might even be an alternative to those ladies who hate purses and belts. Worn under a loose garment, I think this might be a great idea.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

I finally got tired of jogging with my smartcarry and ordered the "pistol wear" exercise holster. On the site they say it has a sweat barrier. Ill give a report when it gets here.

Doesnt anyone here sweat when they work out?!?!?!?! I cannot find anything that wont keep the gun from turning into a sopping mess.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by jimtem View Post
    I finally got tired of jogging with my smartcarry and ordered the "pistol wear" exercise holster. On the site they say it has a sweat barrier. Ill give a report when it gets here.
    Looking forward to reading your review with pictures.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    Doesn't anyone here sweat when they work out?!?!?!?! I cannot find anything that wont keep the gun from turning into a sopping mess.
    You're supposed to sweat when you work out?
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Oh this site sucks. now you'all have taken away another one of my excuses not to excersize. upon report I may have to get one; and then try that sweating thing you are talking about.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

DeSantis Bellyband, Glock 33.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Looking forward to reading your review with pictures.
    I went for a 3mile jog today and the Pistol Wear belly band worked perfect. It was comfortable, stayed in place and kept the pistol totally dry. I wore it all day to see how it fared as an all day deep concealment holster and it wasn't great. The area of skin under the sweat guard gets really uncomfortable after a while. This belly band is definitely made just for the workout. I'll take some pics and write up an good review and post it back here.

Jimtem,
    I watched their product demo video and wasn't too impressed with the draw, at least how they showed it. Could you get a good combat grip on your gun?
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Mohandas K. Gandhi

Two suggestions.

The first is from http://www.tommysgunpack.com/ their gun packs work. I love them on long trips. I snap it on when I go to fuel up and I have my 1911, two extra mags, cell phone, flashlight and wallet. Check out the website and if you subscribe they will send out killer sales information. American made and real quality. I have two of their gun packs a medium and a large. I use the large as a "survival pack" when I am canoeing. It carries a Ruger MK III 22/45 with optics on it!! It doesn't look out of place in the woods and with practice it is a smooth draw.

The second suggestion is a Safe Packer from https://store.thewilderness.com Again a great American product. They have an adapter for it that holds water bottles and looks at home on the track or trail. I've carried a G26 in one and it works.

These options work for car carry as well as exercising.

Good luck,

Rick
    Hooah! It's an Army thing!

topsblades@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sigil49 View Post
    Jimtem,
    I watched their product demo video and wasn't too impressed with the draw, at least how they showed it. Could you get a good combat grip on your gun?
    The gun is loose in a roomy pocket so when you reach for it you don't know how you are grabbing it. You have to adjust your grip as you pull and draw. Its a bit awkward. I would prefer an open carry thigh holster but the pistol wear seems to be the best way to carry concealed comfortable without rusting out the pistol. Because of the uncertainty about the grab I have chosen to not have a round in the chamber.

The Pistol Wear is very, very comfortable!

I hate cardio very much. That and working my abs. I guess that is why I don't have a "six pack". I do think cardio is very important but jogging wouldn't be my first choice because of how hard it is on your joints.

I typed up this review a few days ago but when I hit submit it said java error.

Pistol Wear Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns

Pros:
    1) The pistol stays dry even when you sweat heavily during the workout.
    2) The pouch and the pistol stay put. There is no bouncing or shifting.
    3) The holster is very comfortable. No rubbing, scratching or poking.
    4) It is held tight to the body so it doesn't print much.
    5) The top is open but tight and curved a bit so it is easy to reach in to get the pistol but its not open for sweat to get in.

Cons:
    1) The Velcro strap that wraps around the front curls out on the end and you can see this threw the clothes and it looks funny. It looks like you have something under your shirt. It can be fastened down with a safety pin.
    2) The shorter strap that us under the longer strap does't have Velcro on the back side so it goes all over the place. It bunches up under the holster. It works its way around the long strap and sticks out bunching up under your shirt. They give you this little Velcro strap to secure it but that is a joke. See attached picture.
    3) The holster does not work for all day use. The area where the pistol goes has a sweat barrier and this area during the day gets very sweaty and uncomfortable. But hey its suppose to be that way to keep the pistol dry just for your workout.
    4) The top and bottom of the pouch curl in or out after a bit and it pushes out on your shirt which is no biggie while you are jogging but when at the gym you start to fee self conscious about this puffy bunch under your shirt.

All in all its a keeper. Nothing else works for the workouts.
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links