Crossbreed holsters site hacked?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed holsters site hacked? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Try going to Crossbreed Holsters web site (or not ... I removed the link here just in case there is some malware there) I get ...

Thread: Crossbreed holsters site hacked?

Try going to Crossbreed Holsters web site (or not ... I removed the link here just in case there is some malware there)
    I get a warning that its a "Reported Attack Page!"

Looks like some Russians have hacked Crossbreed's web site and installed some sort of malware installer script on it.

That or the malware scanner on Google's crawler gave a false positive (which wouldn't surprise me).

Anyone here know the folk at Crossbreed? If so let 'em know their site is all screwed up so they can get this sorted out. :(
    Last edited by Zundfolge; March 12th, 2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: removed link

Senior Moderator
    It appears they have - or had - a problem.

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.crossbreedholsters.com

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I think they are now back up and running, according to XDTalk.com, which is owned by the owner of Crossbreed

It must have been a Windows-related thing. I've never had a problem with the site and was on it three times this week with Mac OS 10.6/Safari.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Last night I tried visiting Crossbreed and Avast! gave me a warning and blocked it. Later on Firefox blocked access and when I tried accessing the site through Google it warned me. All three called it an attack site.

I found their number using Google and gave them a call this morning to let them know. I didn't get an answer but left a message describing what was going on. Google and Firefox are still showing it as an attack site but I ignored the warning and Avast! didn't say anything like it would have if the bad code was still there. Hopefully Google will spider the site soon and see that it is now clean. Once Google figures out it's clean so will Firefox. I checked the page source for the offending link (Google tells you what it is) and it isn't there so I'm pretty certain the site is clean now.

Looks like they have been compromised again. Avast! is yelling about the site for the same thing it was last night and this morning.

Edit: I just sent them an email. Hopefully their email isn't compromised and that they will get the message soon if they don't already know the site is compromised. I just got an automated response saying to give them 24-48 hours for a response due to the high volume of inquiries they receive.
    Last edited by shorty82; March 12th, 2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Added some info.

I just was going there to look for a holster for my Baby Eagle and got the same things. It appears someone hacked the site and put some sort of script of a few of the pages that may do mean things to your computer. As usual, the hackers appear to be from the former Soviet Union.
    RedKnightt

Zombie Squad has it right: "We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything."

Still down. Wow, sorry for them.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Administrator
    We must reinstate the cold war immediately.
    Let's get ALL of those ICBMs pointed back in that direction.

"As usual, the hackers appear to be from the former Soviet Union."

Mark, the founder, replied to my email.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We were attacked by a malicious redirect hack on Thurs night.
    Our IT team has removed any malicious code and thoroughly debugged our site.

Please clear you cache and your browser and return to our site by typing "crossbreedholsters.com" in your URL bar, then bookmark that page.

The various search engines will continue to clear the warning as they spider our site and word spreads that the hack was caught and corrected.

No financial data was ever compromised or affected, it was strictly a malicious hack to bring our site down and cause loss of business.

We thank you for your continued support of our fine products.

Thanks

Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters
    Everything is back to normal on the Crossbreed Holsters site.

Crossbreed Holsters

That's good, I'm looking to order a Super Tuck from them shortly.

Links