Galco Matrix

This is a discussion on Galco Matrix within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody use a Galco Matrix holster? I was thinking about getting one for my G-26 but dont know much about them other than price.Do they ...

Thread: Galco Matrix

Galco Matrix

Anybody use a Galco Matrix holster? I was thinking about getting one for my G-26 but dont know much about them other than price.Do they hold the gun high and tight,and will a tee shirt cover it.I'm looking for an alternative to IWB.Any opinions

2. Remove Ads

Excellent holster. I have three of them (for different guns of course). It is never going to be as concealable as an IWB, but no OWB is. I wear mine under a tee shirt with no problem. I usually carry either an FNP9 (not a small pistol) or Bersa 9mm (same size as G19).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I have one that is HORRIBLE. It is nearly impossible to draw the weapon. I bought it for my G27. One of the worst holsters that I ever bought.

Save your money.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Now I'm confused

I was checking out a Matrix and was ready to order one, now I am not so sure. Currently have a Galco IWB and really like it.

I bought one for my CW9, and it is good for the price but I don't tend to wear it because IWB is so much more concealable. For $28 you can't lose though...
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

I had one a couple of years ago for a G23 that tuck into the body very well but the pistol took a good yank to draw so I gave it away to a buddy at work. He said for retention purposes he prefers it to be a tighter draw. Ater hearing the current Galco M7's don't have that problem, I bought one for my Kahr PM9. I've been wearing it now for about two months and it does the job of tight OWB carry and good retention. The draw is slightly firm as it should be and there's an easy "snap" when the pistol is holstered. An added plus is I only paid about $25 bucks for it.

Sounding better

The only reason I am getting a OWB holster is that it is required for some classes. I will stick with my galco IWB for EDC. Am looking at the Matrix 3X as I most of my belts are 13/4". In fact am going to usgalco now and placing my order. Thanks to those with the positive comments.
    Last edited by Kahrdoor; March 14th, 2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: correct spelling.

I bought one last year for my G21 & I like it a lot, not bad for the $25.00 that I paid for it .

I have had good luck with FIST holsters. There are a bit pricey but I have a box of old holsters and this was the last one I bought 5 years ago. Still has great retention.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Ordered my Galco Matrix M5X Sunday afternoon. It was shipped UPS on Monday
    and I received it today in Yuma, AZ. It only takes overnight from Phoenix. It is just the holster I needed for classes that require an OWB. It would never be my choice for EDC as I prefer the IWB from Galco.

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I have one that is HORRIBLE. It is nearly impossible to draw the weapon. I bought it for my G27. One of the worst holsters that I ever bought.

Save your money.
    My thoughts exactly. I bought a Galco M7X for my G27 as well. It looked sweet, but thats about all it did. The retention level on that holster is ridiculously high. Seriously had to YANK it out. If you are looking for an inexpensive non-leather OWB for your Glock, go with the Glock Sport/combat holster. Simply awesome, simple, comfortable and only 12 dollars, and very concealable; keeps the pistol in tight to your hip, and it rides pretty high.

Links