IWB Holster Battle Royale! Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe vs...

IWB Holster Battle Royale! Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe vs...

This is a discussion on IWB Holster Battle Royale! Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe vs... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK... I need an IWB holster for my NEW Walther PK380! I want to spend around $100. Im NOT into waiting months for a holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation IWB Holster Battle Royale! Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe vs...

OK... I need an IWB holster for my NEW Walther PK380!

I want to spend around $100. Im NOT into waiting months for a holster to be "made just for me" so I would like one that could be had in a week or so.

So in this corner we have the... Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe which I am seriously considering, but I would appreciate any other suggestions on holsters that "fit my new Walther PK380" This is a rather new gun on the market so there doesn't seem to be a huge selection of holsters out there for it.

And in the other corner, we have.....______________________

(fill in the blank, and please only suggest a holster/brand that makes it for MY GUN not just a brand you favor, thanks everyone for your input)
    " If you keep aiming for NOTHING, you will hit it every time! "

try looking into high noon holsters some of their stocking items can be had in a week or less. don't know how long their non stocking items take though

CMR
    Two words-
    Don Hume.
    Enuff said.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Do what I did and make your own. Made mine for pennies on the dollar.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

evo
    Try Kholster. Not sure if they have it for your gun. You can allways email. They need 7 to 10 businessdays to get it to you.

Kholster
    Benjamin Franklin: "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

supertuck gets great feedback but you absolutely have to look at the minotaur mtac! beautiful construction and gives the added flexibility of changing kydex for another gun and has easier adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    Two words-
    Don Hume.
    Enuff said.
    +1 on Don Hume...you'd think that having 4 of their 721OT's for my daily carry rigs and a pocket holster i'd think of them first.

I had the Crossbreed Supertuck. Did not work for me. I then purschased the Comp-Tac Minatour MTAC. IMO, it is much better than the CB. It is a VERY comfortable holster. Yesterday i rode my bike for 14 hours straight (except to fuel up) and did not even remember i had it on. Mine os for a Glock 23. Even more comfortable than an Alesi CQC/S i had. Sold the Alessi.
    Bear
    Glock 23
    S&W 6906
    Kimber Pro Carry SLE
    S&W M&P 9MM

Minotaur MTAC...like a Crossbreed but with the ability to switch out holster bodies for a different gun. Fit and finish seems a little better too...IMO
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

+3 for Comp-Tac Minotaur/Spartan.

I didnt really like my Supertuck for my XD (SHOCKING), so I sold it. I know, most like it, but the quality was not worth the price.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Minotaur MTAC...like a Crossbreed but with the ability to switch out holster bodies for a different gun. Fit and finish seems a little better too...IMO
    I AM planning to get an XDM 9mm and that would be nice to be able to"Swap-out" the Kydex for another gun, without having to buy ANOTHER holster.... Great Idea.... IF THEY MADE one for my PK380!

I cant believe they DONT make a Minotaur MTAC for this Walther!

Their response from COMP-TAC.COM....

I'm sorry, but we do not currently make any of our holsters for that
    gun.

Thanks,

Jenn K.
    Sales/PR

Comp-Tac Victory Gear
    PO Box 1809
    Spring, TX 77383

Last edited by JKPinPDX; March 16th, 2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Added email response from Comp-Tac
    " If you keep aiming for NOTHING, you will hit it every time! "

M.T.A.C.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I think alot of this depends on what is important. Does it need to be tuckable, IWB, OWB etc. I am curious the replies as well. Also those who choose between the crossbread and the ...... what do you do about the clips showing?

I hope I like my CB it should be here in the next week...I was very leery of it by the pictures..just looks big and bulky..but all the good reviews and the fact that they actually made it for the newer SR9 compact sold me..no one else that could make a holster in a reasonable(4 weeks or less) amount of time had one in stock or were making them for that gun yet. Im getting sick of looking at it in the safe lol..although the Taurus CH85 Snubby has been serving admirably for a CC piece for the last month and a half now as my sole CC gun.

I got the tuckable even though I have no need for the "tuck" capability..I cant think of the last time I had to or actually just did tuck my shirt in for anything..im one of those baggy sweatshirt/tshirt wearers..I think last time I wore something tucked in was a wedding last year and I was IN it so I wore a Tux lol..other than that I dont tuck so the "clips showing" is of no concern because you'd never see them with me anyways.

I originally wanted a real nice leather holster for this gun...but just didnt realize the wait time on them...so for me the Crossbreed was more of a I want to carry this gun sooner than 6 months from now....more than it was I gotta have that holster type thing...I hope its as good as most people say....yeah im real nervous about this holster to say the least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links