Comp-Tac Infidel

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac Infidel within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own a glock 23 and want to get a Infidel holster for it but before I do I was wondering if anyone out there ...

Thread: Comp-Tac Infidel

Comp-Tac Infidel

I own a glock 23 and want to get a Infidel holster for it but before I do I was wondering if anyone out there has photos wearing one?? If so please post them. Also anyone with the C-tac holster too. So I can see a comparison. Thanks
    Semper Fi

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I have 'em both for my 19, I like the CTac a little better. It distributes the weight better and gives a little more options on how you carry.
    The Infidel is a nice quick option, make sure you get the extra strut though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

SIXTO, did you get those messages?? Not sure if I sent them right. Anyways, Can the Infidel work as an appendix carry? Also, have you tried carrying a 23 like that?
    Semper Fi

Administrator
    Yup, just replied. I have carried a 19 and 23, both are same sized/weight guns, just different caliber.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    A bit off point. I carry my 638 snubbie in a CompTac shirt tucker. Very good carry and they're a great company to deal with IMO.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I had a similar holster it was a RM Lowrider I think it was a little "nicer" than the infididel(thats why I got it) but basically the same deal...It was the most comfortable IWB kydex id carried. I could wear it all day and not notuce it sometimes id forget I had it on..I had to go with a Crossbreed but I only went that route because 1. No one had in stock or made a nice holster in a reasonable amount of time(less than 3 weeks) 2. the guy was not making the RM Lowrider in a SR9c yet or id have gotten it. And the RMLowrider was for a Glock 23.

http://rmholsters.com/store/

thing I liked better was its cant and its low ride profile keeping all but just enough of the grip below the waistline for better concealment. Also liked the way it clipped on..with the right pants I could wear it without a belt(kinda tight but no way the holster was coming off even without a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeto View Post
    SIXTO, did you get those messages?? Not sure if I sent them right. Anyways, Can the Infidel work as an appendix carry? Also, have you tried carrying a 23 like that?
    I would think that if you wanted the option of carrying appendix, you should get the C-TAC because of the infinite amount of adjustment you can do with it. I don't own a C-TAC, but I do have the Neutral Cant M-TAC that I use with my Kahr P9 for AIWB carry. Biggest issue you might have, is with the ridges (the back of the holster is not completely flat on the back side of the hard kydex because it is formed to the shape of the gun) interfering with your comfort. C-Tac can do it all, if that is what you are looking for. It would be a good choice.

I carry my Glock 19 AIWB with a Dale Fricke Archangel. I went almost exclusively to AIWB carry almost a year ago........I think. The best holster I have had, and is very comfortable (back side of holster is flat with no ridges) for me. I liked it enough to buy one for my 4" 1911. Easy to conceal with almost any cover garment, and when I do print I can simply make an adjustment to my cover garment because I can see that I'm printing.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I use the Infidel 90% of the time. I can't carry at work so I need something easy on,easy off. With the single clip it stays put fairly well with not much movement. It may shift a tad when sitting in the car but you can buy the rear strut if you want more stability. By doing that though it gets more difficult to put back on while seated. I carry a G19 in mine (exact size of your G23).

I just got an Archangel 2 weeks ago for my G26! It's outstanding. I carry my G19 in it too. Previously, I hated every kydex IWB holster I tried, but this one is great. Nice pictures.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

vex
    I have an Infidel that I use to carry my XD40SC. It's pretty good, though I do notice by the end of the day, especially if I'm doing a lot of driving, that it has become slightly uncomfortable due to the Kydex either jabbing me or sticking to me.

Links