Mag holster recommendations?

This is a discussion on Mag holster recommendations? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want a mag holster for my Glock 26, I wear my gun IWB in a kholster holster. Looking for a comfortable Mag holster, dont ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag holster recommendations?

Mag holster recommendations?

I want a mag holster for my Glock 26, I wear my gun IWB in a kholster holster. Looking for a comfortable Mag holster, dont know if I want IWB or OWB or pocket holster? Would like to hear your opinions on how you carry your mag holster and what brands or styles etc.. Thanks in advance!
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

2. Remove Ads

All my mag holsters are OWB because the IWB really dig into the side.OMO
    I have some Galco clip on mag holsters and I even use a phone/tool pouch as a single Glock-36 mag holster...it works.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

cmb
    +1 retsupt, they do dig into your side, I carry in pocket, I use an old front pocket wallet for single stacks, and I make my own pocket holsters out of thin leather, so I would make a holster which held two side by side for a double stack mags and then a second one with the second area filled in with leather to hold one mag... youcan buy them, I just enjoy making my own stuff when I can... I et my leather at a fabric/craft store and used spider wire fishing line

On occasion I use a fobus mag holster OWB. Other times I carry in the pocket of my windbreaker. It all just depends on what I am doing and where I am going, as well as what I am wearing.

I have a SideArmor mag holder. It threads onto my belt. It's okay for G26 mags but seems to short for G17 mags. The G17 mags seem top heavy.

All of my mag holsters suck. Not the fault of manufacturers. I am just neglagant in trying different mag holsters. They print and my gun doesn't. Will be getting in a new 1911 mag holster tomrrow. Will let you know if it is great. To me it seems like mag holsters cost to much compared to holsters. If this one doesn't work out I am going to try some Uncle Mikes or other cheapos, seems like lots of folks use them and I haven't heard any compliants about them.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Anyone else want to chime and let me know your mag carry?

I use Nite Ize "Rugged Phone Cases" on my weak side for mag carry. Since I also have my cell phone in a similar case beside this ammo pouch, it looks I have just another cell phone case on my belt. These have the advantage of having a belt clip that rotates 360 degrees, so you can carry the magazine in either a vertical or hortizontal position.

Quote Originally Posted by Levathain View Post
    Anyone else want to chime and let me know your mag carry?
    Well, I am sorry, but it is really kinda basic. Most people carry OWB for comfort on the weak side. Or, some of the brave people who dont care about comfort, carry IWB weak side. Some people use a special pocket holster for their extra mag, while others just throw one in.

This is how I carry mine. I just throw an extra one or two into my pocket, usually with a jacket. Its not the best which is why I want one of these:

And as soon as I can afford to give Rocky more of my cash, I will be getting one. I love the forward cant, and the craftsmanship that Rocky puts into his holsters he also puts into the mag holders. I dont have one yet, but I want one. If you are interested visit the Pure Kustom website and call Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Well, I am sorry, but it is really kinda basic. Most people carry OWB for comfort on the weak side. Or, some of the brave people who dont care about comfort, carry IWB weak side. Some people use a special pocket holster for their extra mag, while others just throw one in.

This is how I carry mine. I just throw an extra one or two into my pocket, usually with a jacket. Its not the best which is why I want one of these:

And as soon as I can afford to give Rocky more of my cash, I will be getting one. I love the forward cant, and the craftsmanship that Rocky puts into his holsters he also puts into the mag holders. I dont have one yet, but I want one. If you are interested visit the Pure Kustom website and call Rocky.
    Well I didn't post this thread to know how to carry an extra mag. One to know whats best way which seems to be OWB or pocket carry. But mainly wanting to know some good mag holsters for double stack mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Levathain View Post
    Well I didn't post this thread to know how to carry an extra mag. One to know whats best way which seems to be OWB or pocket carry. But mainly wanting to know some good mag holsters for double stack mags.
    Rocky at Pure Kustom will make pretty much anything you need. Like I said before, I like the forward cant of his holders, makes it a bit easy to draw. I have yet to see one of his holders in person, but talking to him and others about them, they seem great. Knowing Rocky, the quality that is put into them is beyond anything else you will find. He makes double stack, single, short, long, whatever you desire.

(sorry for the confusion. I thought you were looking for ways to carry and what to use. My fault.)

Inside weak side front pocket in a Desantis Mag-Packer
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

i carry a safariland concealment mag holder with a pull-the-dot fastner (OWB) it has a large probably 2" piece of soft leather so it doesnt cut into you. i also like it due to the ride. it rides real high and keeps the mag close to your body. I like it alot

Well I finally got a mag holster that I am happy with. It is the DeSantis leather OWB. The last one I got was a Kydex OWB and it prints and is uncomfortable.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Anyone try the OEM Glock mag holster?
    Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links