Tucker Silent Thunder

This is a discussion on Tucker Silent Thunder within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just ordered mine, OWB style, for my P239. I also ordered a Blackhawk single stack mag carrier and a Wilderness Instructors belt with 5-stich and ...

Thread: Tucker Silent Thunder

Tucker Silent Thunder

Just ordered mine, OWB style, for my P239. I also ordered a Blackhawk single stack mag carrier and a Wilderness Instructors belt with 5-stich and internal stiffener. My free state Colorado CCW comes in april-may so Im extremely excited.

Does anybody have any experience with the Silent thunder?*

*BTW, I searched, and only found bits and pieces on this topic.

2. Remove Ads

Can't help much with the silent thunder, but welcome to the forum, from Delaware.

I don't have the OWB version, but do have the answer IWB and the silent thunder IWB. I like them both, and usually throw on the silent thunder if I'm driving for a long time and could possibly have to disarm.

The only issue I have with the silent thunder is that it only has one clip, and it doesn't always stay at the exact cant you left it at. To clarify, the cant is adjustable on the holster, but it will shift even when mounted to a stiff belt from 5.11. The shift is not the holster clip changing position, but the lack of stability from the single clip. From looking at the OWB ones on their website, that doesn't seem to be a problem. If it had a crossbar with 2 clips for the belt I feel it would stay put a bit better on the IWB version. I carry 8 o'clock (lefty) and sometimes on the draw it seems to pull a bit on the belt.

It took some working with it to get the front sight to stop scraping leather off of the inside, but thats one of the hazards of getting leather lined I suppose. Incredibly smooth on the draw and reholster. It's a great holster and I sometimes appendix carry when I'm wearing shorts and a tshirt and it works great for that as well.

The Answer is amazing as far as IWB's go! I carry a para ord carry 9 (stainless 32 oz. version) and usually forget it's there. It's incredibly soft on the skin facing side and holds the grip very close to the body. I love the answer and usually this is the go-to holster for daily wear.

Hope some of this helps. Bottom line, I would recommend both! The Answer is better for day long carry without a lot of driving, the silent thunder best for everything else (including day long carry if you want). I would get them both and then decide which one fits my needs the best! Cheers.

Links