Crossbreed Migration?

Crossbreed Migration?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Migration? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Super Tuck for my G22 and LOVE IT! It is hands down the best holster I have ever tried. With that, I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed Migration?

Crossbreed Migration?

I have a Super Tuck for my G22 and LOVE IT! It is hands down the best holster I have ever tried.

With that, I have a question for Super Tuck users.
    When you place it on your belt (I use the over the belt "C" clips), does your holster migrate from where you placed it toward your 6 o'clock?

The longer I wear mine durring the day, the further it slides to the rear. I have not tried to fix the problem yet, and am looking for similar situations and possible solutions.

Thanks,
    John
    John VanDusen

"Whether it's a football game or an IED attack, you play EXACTLY how your practice."

"Put your trust in God, and keep your powder dry." ~Oliver Cromwell

JDV85, thanks for asking this question. I am looking to purchase a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe and will be watching for responses from those who already have one.

I don't have the SuperTuck, but I do own the MiniTuck and MicroClip. I carry a Kahr PM9 and have never had a problem with the holster ever moving or sliding. I wear it at about 4:00-4:30.

What kind of belt are you wearing?

It's an amish belt, very well made and sturdy. The movement is not noticeable except over the couse of a few hours. Maybe from sitting down and standing up? I think a small dot of velcro would do the trick...
    John VanDusen

"Whether it's a football game or an IED attack, you play EXACTLY how your practice."

"Put your trust in God, and keep your powder dry." ~Oliver Cromwell

You've not been eating enough pasties;) (those who don't know it's a meat pie made up in the UP of Michigan, came from Finland:)

That said haven't seen this problem around from crossbreed users nor with my own hybrids I've been testing. In my case the clips hang up on my belt loops before it can get very far from where it was placed even in a worst case scenario. Odd situation, had to poke some fun though at another yooper;)

Luke

VIP Member
    I have never had that problem with mine. You might consider cinching up that belt one more notch if you are wearing it a little loose. Only thing I can think of.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by JVD85 View Post
    I have a Super Tuck for my G22 and LOVE IT! It is hands down the best holster I have ever tried.

With that, I have a question for Super Tuck users.
    When you place it on your belt (I use the over the belt "C" clips), does your holster migrate from where you placed it toward your 6 o'clock?

The longer I wear mine durring the day, the further it slides to the rear. I have not tried to fix the problem yet, and am looking for similar situations and possible solutions.

Thanks,
    John
    Not at all.

If you are having this problem, your belt is likely too thin and/or too narrow. You need a belt at least 1.25 wide and STIFF. The average single-layer dress belt won't cut it.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Mine doesn't slip on the belt itself (Crossbreed Belt) but will sometimes twist the waistband of my pants after wearing awhile. I just simply grab the waist/belt and twist it back. My EDC is not real heavy a 3" 1911 @ 25oz (unloaded)

VIP Member
    Never, I agree with others that it is probably a belt issue.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I haven't had any problems with mine, 4 inch 1911, but you might just send an email to Crossbreed.

Their customer service is top notch.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

I have a similiar issue with my Crossbreeds. I am using the velcro clips attached to their belt with the velcro (which is an excellent setup by the way). I have issolated the movement to the fact that I sit in front of a computer most of the day and it tends to shift back just about an inch or so from where I start off in the morning. Not a big deal in my opinion. I look at it as my bodies way of getting it positioned in its most comfortable position.

As others have said, a simple belt tightening should resolve the issue.
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

I too sit in front of a computer all day (hate it), but do not experience any migration toward the 6 o'clock quadrant at all. Since using the SuperTuck i've pulled my pants up maybe an inch or so than normal to sit properly on my hips, and worn my belt atleast one notch tighter than I would respectively.

My SuperTuck stays at 3:00-3:15 all day, wherever I put it in the morning it stays til I remove it at night.

I even did some hard labor last night loading up a trailer full of old land cruiser parts - axles, steering, t-cases, body parts, etc... and I experienced no movement in the holster at all.
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    My supertuck is rock solid and has never moved on me. My guess runs along with previous posters that a simple tightening of the belt will take car of it.

The other thing I would suggest is perhaps putting the holster on where has been ending up, perhaps that is a better location for ya.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Due to my extra large waist, mine would migrate until it stopped at a belt loop. The key for me was to wear pants and shorts with belt loop placement corresponding to where I wanted my SuperTuck to rest.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Quote Originally Posted by tmizzi View Post
    I have a similiar issue with my Crossbreeds. I am using the velcro clips attached to their belt with the velcro (which is an excellent setup by the way). I have issolated the movement to the fact that I sit in front of a computer most of the day and it tends to shift back just about an inch or so from where I start off in the morning. Not a big deal in my opinion. I look at it as my bodies way of getting it positioned in its most comfortable position.

As others have said, a simple belt tightening should resolve the issue.
    Velcro is a different deal. Just about any flexing can make the velcro move about some.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links