Anyone have any experience with this Company?

Anyone have any experience with this Company?

This is a discussion on Anyone have any experience with this Company? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The company is R Grizzle Leather They have some nice looking rigs, and most importantly, they list the G21SF w/ Picatinny Rail specifically as a ...

Thread: Anyone have any experience with this Company?

Question Anyone have any experience with this Company?

The company is R Grizzle Leather

They have some nice looking rigs, and most importantly, they list the G21SF w/ Picatinny Rail specifically as a "Yes, we make holsters for that" gun!

Never thought I'd see the day...

Anyhoo, I'm going to be taking the plunge here soon on a real, no kidding, leather holster for my weapon, and they look good so far. IWB leather doesn't "collapse" easily, does it?

Any thoughts?

Also:

FIST Inc. says that they make holsters for my troublesome piece as well, and I'm going to try to get their Driving Holster (doubles as a crossdraw holster). Do their holsters stand up to a good beating? Sorry, but I am notoriously hard on my gear. I don't try to be, quite the opposite in fact. It just works out that way.

One last:

I know it has been covered ad nauseum, but how again do you break in a leather holster? I'm mostly a Kydex man, and I've never had to do it. The Galco came pre-set, so to speak...
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

retsupt99, check for a PM...
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I have heard nothing but good things, by members here who like the products over there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I've seen him talked about on Sig Forum, and it was all good. I'm looking at picking up one of his rigs asap ($ pending). If you go for it, give us a review. His stuff looks great!

I just ordered a mag pouch for $25. I've been looking for one for a while now, so I guess I'll give this guy a try.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Give him a try and let us know how you make out with them.I'd be interested
    in what you think of the cost versus quality.As always anyone who carrys is always looking for that magic holster. Thanks

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Most leather shouldn't need a break in. If it's too tight for a comfortable draw, wrap your gun in a couple layers of cling wrap (just to add a touch of thickness) and leave it in the holster for a couple of days. That will stretch it.

Kevin at K&D holsters suggests lightly wetting the leather before stretching it, but I've seen other makers say specifically not to get it wet. So, if you end up with a tight-fitting holster, ask the maker what he recommends.

FWIW, I have had two leather holsters, one from K&D and the other from UBG, and neither needed any sort of break-in.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Links