$25 Cabela's Heavy Duty Tactical Belt

This is a discussion on $25 Cabela's Heavy Duty Tactical Belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Me and a buddy made a trip to Cabela's Friday night after work. I had to go pick up a GPS and did a little ...

Thread: $25 Cabela's Heavy Duty Tactical Belt

$25 Cabela's Heavy Duty Tactical Belt

Me and a buddy made a trip to Cabela's Friday night after work. I had to go pick up a GPS and did a little shopping while i was there. I have been eyeing a 5.11 tactical belt to go with my Supertuck, but Cabela's only carries them online, not in the store. I've been wanting one for a while, but more so recently as i'm in between sizes in my standard leather belt. Wandered through the store and found the belt section. They had a lot of light-duty belts...and 1 of the heavy duty ones in the back of the pile. It's a Cabela's brand, but identical to the 5.11 belt i was hoping to find. It just happened to be a perfect fit for me.
    $25 and it was mine. Makes carrying SO much easier. I'm able to tighten the belt right where i want it to be, as opposed to settling for the most comfortable hole in my other belt. Since it's the heavy duty, it's 1 1/2" wide and thick to add stability. My mag holder doesn't move a bit.
    I'll get some pics ASAP, but for those on the fence, it's TOTALLY worth it!

2. Remove Ads

Glad you found that, looking forward to the pic's. No s&h is always a better deal when you can get your hands on accessories you are after, congrats!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have a 5-11 tactical belt that I purchased on line.I wash in a hurry and bought another wide belt prior to the arrival of this belt.The 5-11 is wide and very stiff
    and it takes a while for it to break in but it's a durable belt and well worth the money.

Does it have a polymer insert to stiffen it or is it stitched?
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I bought a 1 3/4" 5.11 Tactical and really don't like it. I had called them to inquire as to which width to buy and they suggested the 1 3/4" if I was carrying a firearm. It's really big and the buckle bugs the crap out of me. The quality however, is top notch! Needless to say, I wish I could sell it or trade it.

i use a 5.11 1 1/2 dress belt. good belt. has the insert.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

My regular gun belt is a 5.11 Tactical leather dress belt..and I love that one.

I just got this belt today and boy does it make a differance. It draws the holster in much tighter. It is a bit hard to lace through my desantis SOB holster, but I am sure that this will improve over time. Best part is that the price is now $17.99. Nice belt and can't beat the price.

Quote Originally Posted by b1780 View Post
    I just got this belt today and boy does it make a differance. It draws the holster in much tighter. It is a bit hard to lace through my desantis SOB holster, but I am sure that this will improve over time. Best part is that the price is now $17.99. Nice belt and can't beat the price.
    Can you link me to it? I can't seem to find it on the Cabela's site. Only one I can find is this:
    Cabela's -- 5.11 Tactical Trainer Belt - 1-1/2"

CMR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpadoinkel View Post
    Can you link me to it? I can't seem to find it on the Cabela's site. Only one I can find is this:
    Cabela's -- 5.11 Tactical Trainer Belt - 1-1/2"
    I think this is the one he's talking about-
    Cabela's Last Chance Heavy-Duty Belt
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

No, its not the last chance belt. The one I bought is not on their website. It is all leather back by the holster section. Good luck on your search. It is available in brown or black
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Does it have a polymer insert to stiffen it or is it stitched?
    No insert, just double layered and stitched. Will get some pics taken this weekend to upload.

Funny, the Last Chance belt is made by "Bison Designs" out of Longmont, Co. They have the Last Chance HD and a MD belt. Called the same "Last Chance". I just purchased two of them. I am right between the sizes. I use the medium for work and every day wear, and the large when carrying. Great belts. From Bison Designs they are 23.00. But 9 bucks to ship via Fed Ex. I did not realize till now that they have a deal with Cabelas. Good deal.
    Glock 20, Glock 27, Ruger SR9c, Sig P-238, Ruger SP 101 357 Mag.2 1/4", Ruger Vaquero 45LC 5 1/2", Ruger MKII Target.

Links