Monica Kuehn ?????

Monica Kuehn ?????

This is a discussion on Monica Kuehn ????? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am actually going to try a leather holster again for my GLock 23. I had an Alessi CQC/S. Beautiful holster, but for some reason ...

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Monica Kuehn ?????

  1. #1
    Member Array sirgarreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    36

    Monica Kuehn ?????

    I am actually going to try a leather holster again for my GLock 23. I had an Alessi CQC/S. Beautiful holster, but for some reason it did not work for me. Anyone try a Monica Kuehn Holster??? I am looking at the CSO model. It looks nice and very reasonably priced.

    Monica Kuehn Leather, LLC: 03/01/2009 - 04/01/2009

    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...og/ILeeCSO.jpg

    Any help will be greatly appreciated. Or any other holster suggestion? Must be a snap style like mentioned above? Thank you in advance.
    Bear
    Glock 23
    S&W 6906
    Kimber Pro Carry SLE
    S&W M&P 9MM


  2. #2
    Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,508
    I have one of her OWB holsters and love it. Very well made. You won't be disappointed in the holster.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    I have one of her OWB holsters and love it. Very well made. You won't be disappointed in the holster.
    Her holsters look great. However, I have found that great photos do not always translate into great holsters. For that reason I always appreciate it when someone praises a holster if I can learn what other holsters he has owned and used.

    When I first started carrying I bought some holsters that looked great on the maker's website, and were praised by some who had them. I also was very complimentary of those holsters. Then I bought some great holsters, and realized that the ones I had originally thought were great were not. They were soft, and did not hold their shape so that the gun could not be reholstered with one hand.

    So please do not think I am being critical of Monica's work as I have never seen any of it. Her photos indicate great work, but I would appreciate it if Gunnutty could compare her work with some well known quality holsters such as Sparks. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Jerry

  4. #4
    Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,508
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Her holsters look great. However, I have found that great photos do not always translate into great holsters. For that reason I always appreciate it when someone praises a holster if I can learn what other holsters he has owned and used.

    When I first started carrying I bought some holsters that looked great on the maker's website, and were praised by some who had them. I also was very complimentary of those holsters. Then I bought some great holsters, and realized that the ones I had originally thought were great were not. They were soft, and did not hold their shape so that the gun could not be reholstered with one hand.

    So please do not think I am being critical of Monica's work as I have never seen any of it. Her photos indicate great work, but I would appreciate it if Gunnutty could compare her work with some well known quality holsters such as Sparks. Thanks.

    Regards,
    Jerry
    I have and use holsters by Sparks, HBE, and Tucker. Sparks and Tucker used a little thicker leather then Monice or HBE.
    Sparks and HBE double stitched their holsters in areas where Monica and Tucker only single stitched, around the belt slots for example.
    Monicas forming to the pistol is right there with HBE in quality.
    My pistol locks in Monicas holster as well or better then any holster I have.
    To be honest I had some reservations when I ordered from Kuehn leather, new maker, ect...
    Monica went out of her way to make what I wanted and I was very pleased with the result. I carry a full size CZ 75bd in the holster she made and it is very comfortable.
    Turn around time then was two weeks, yup two weeks.
    Color me impressed.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array varob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,456
    The website shows a nice product. I am looking for more first hand reviews tho.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    I have and use holsters by Sparks, HBE, and Tucker. Sparks and Tucker used a little thicker leather then Monice or HBE.
    Sparks and HBE double stitched their holsters in areas where Monica and Tucker only single stitched, around the belt slots for example.
    Monicas forming to the pistol is right there with HBE in quality.
    My pistol locks in Monicas holster as well or better then any holster I have.
    To be honest I had some reservations when I ordered from Kuehn leather, new maker, ect...
    Monica went out of her way to make what I wanted and I was very pleased with the result. I carry a full size CZ 75bd in the holster she made and it is very comfortable.
    Turn around time then was two weeks, yup two weeks.
    Color me impressed.
    Thanks for the reply. That is the kind of information that is very helpful. I'm almost sorry I don't need a holster because her work does look very good. Your recommendation is meaningful.

    Regards,
    Jerry

  7. #7
    Member Array sirgarreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    36

    Holster

    I will be ordering a CSO from Monica on March 22 when her ordering opens up. I will be reviewing it here and adding pictures. For the price and lead time, and i actually do need a holster, i can't pass it up.

    Gunnutty, thank you for the comparison. It helped me make my decision.
    Bear
    Glock 23
    S&W 6906
    Kimber Pro Carry SLE
    S&W M&P 9MM

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    45,075
    Looks like some real quality holsters, very nice!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  9. #9
    New Member Array caljudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5
    I have owned or own holsters from all the top makers. You will not be disappointed with a holster from Monica. I was,and am,very pleased with mine.

  10. #10
    Member Array Bear67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greater Texas
    Posts
    172
    I have two friends who use Holsters from Monica--they are really good. I used to do leather work as a hobby and I can tell you her craftsmanship is good. I am going to order one for my 4" 1911 as soon as she opens her orders again. Being this far behind is an indicator of her quality, I think.

  11. #11
    Member Array Denster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    159
    Monica's quality of workmanship, materials and attention to details will please you. I make holsters professionaly and she impresses me.

  12. #12
    Member Array xjakex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    16
    Another +1 For Kuehn Leather! Her turn around time wasn't too bad, but I waited a little less than a month.



    Black Bodhi & RC2

  13. #13
    Member Array sinzitu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by xjakex View Post
    Another +1 For Kuehn Leather! Her turn around time wasn't too bad, but I waited a little less than a month.



    Black Bodhi & RC2
    Looks good. What 1911 is that?

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Two Custom Holsters from Monica Kuehn
    By Radionicist in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 13th, 2010, 08:27 AM
  2. Monica Kuehn Holsters are very nice
    By txgolfer45 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 28th, 2010, 02:41 PM
  3. Monica Kuehn Holsters
    By joepa150 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: January 28th, 2010, 06:35 AM

Search tags for this page

/monica kuehn leather holster kimber 45
,
concealed carry
,
m onica kuehn leather quality
,

monica kuehn bodhi

,
monica kuehn bodhi leather holster
,
monica kuehn cso
,
monica kuehn holster review
,
monica kuehn holster reviews
,
monica kuehn holsters
,
monica kuehn kimber 45 holster
,

monica kuehn leather

,
monica kuehn leather holster
,
monica kuehn leather review
,
monica kuehn leather reviews
,
monica kuehn review
Click on a term to search for related topics.