Just House Carry Holster

This is a discussion on Just House Carry Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Silent Thunder IWB coming for going out and about, and will be getting a cheap pocket holster for the quick run to ...

Thread: Just House Carry Holster

Just House Carry Holster

I have a Silent Thunder IWB coming for going out and about, and will be getting a cheap pocket holster for the quick run to the market, but when I'm being lazy (much of the time) around the house I only wear very lightweight sports shorts with elastic waist & no pockets and a old T-shirt. It's very hot where I live and I'm a tightwad with the a/c. Figure I can do without clothes better than doing without money.

Given that, what would be a comfortable holster for my PM9 - just for around the house. Oh, I sag a lot when sitting relaxed and slink in the chair like a teenager (which I'm not). I'm thinking any kind of belt would be a literal pain. Do shoulder holsters come in soft fabric and elastic bands?

OK, you can stop laughing now.... Think of yourself in 30 years sitting around the mountain cabin sunk into one of those worn out upholstered chairs, the kind you need help getting out of. It really rules out just about anything below the navel, and for me perhaps just above the belly bulge - you know, the one I'm going to loose some day. Hmmm, wonder if a wonder bra would work? Think I could find one with a single cup in the middle, sized PM9? Now that would be a riot to explain to the grandkids, especially my 13 year old granddaughter.

Getting serious again, if it were you, given these criterion, what would look for?

2. Remove Ads

Smartcarry (I never thought I'd say that).
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Oh dear, I just had some wicked images pop into my head while reading that.

Smartcarry would be good, except its below the navel. When I am relaxing, I usually dont carry. I have firearms stashed all through out my home and manually carry my EDC when I move from room to room setting it on the stand next to my chair, coffee table, kitchen counter, bathroom counter, etc. Never more than a few feet from me.

If you are worried about kids in the house with you while doing this, since the firearm would be within view and reach, I just keep my eye on them and the firearm at all times. Many times my nephew (age 2) wants to try and reach for my EDC. I grab him and he automatically says "Uncle Nic's gun, no." and he leaves it. I keep positive control over my firearms.

As for you, I dont really know. Smartcarry is really the only thing that comes to mind. Someone used to make t-shirts with a pocket for a firearm, like a shoulder holster. But I think they went out of business and they kinda didnt look to great IMO.

Around the house I simply use a Fobus paddle holster. Inexpensive and fits the gun well, easy on and easy off. Not as sturdy as a good leather rig, but... I don't care. It's compact and light and keeps the gun close at hand.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Maybe a SmartCarry worn high under the armpits and above the belly?

Sorry - I'm getting back at you for the mental images. (And at ~400 lbs I'm talkin' to myself, too.)

Considered one of those T-shirt things?
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

AzB
    I can take a nap in my recliner while wearing my shoulder holster. It's easily the most comfortable holster for most situations.

Of course, it's not the best choice for concealment when it's hot as it requires a jacket. But for around the house, that's not an issue.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I have been known to clip a Don Hume 715 inside my pajamas if I have to do an after-dark garbage take out detail.

I agree I think a Smartcarry would be the ticket. I can wear mine with a Glock 26 while wearing sweatpant or shorts easily. Otherwise I can carry my P32 in a pocket holster or with the clip.

Wonder if we could alter a Smart Carry to be like a halter top going around the neck down the front a bit with the holster pouch between the man boobs, and a soft elastic strap for the back? Maybe I'll call them and see if they want to experiment. We'll call it the "Smartcarry Soft Halter"

Now draw your mental image around that one! BTW, I really AM a man. Just over the hill and across the dale and beyond fussing over looks vs comfort. And I'm only 25 lbs over weight but it's all in my belly like I'm ... OMG!!!! Can it be???

I started with the notion of a shoulder holster. Haven't worn one since the service and that was stiff leather and restrictive. Maybe they've improved in the last 45 years.

Kramer paddle holster, but I have to have a draw string or it sags and drags. The fewer rounds in the mag the less sag and drag.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Nobody mentioned the Deep Conceal product Ultra Carry Air Marshal Holster. I tried to search for it but cannot search on the phrase "Ultra Conceal" so I get 200 threads with the word "Conceal" in them (Grrr).

Anyway, it's just for around the house, needs to be comfortable and fit above mu big belly. And, it's under $35. I would like to hear some pros & cons.
    Last edited by OldLincoln; March 23rd, 2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Add product link

Tape the PM to your 12Ga and lean it aginst the side table by the chair...
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

All of my lounge pants/sweat pants/gym shorts I wear around the house have pockets. My snubs or 709 fit fine...and I don't end up with my "pants on tha ground." Got a Ruger SP101 in my cammo sweat pants pocket right now.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I went ahead and ordered the Air Marshall Holster.

Links