Holsters - Page 2

Holsters

This is a discussion on Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As a new member here, I figured I would get my feet wet on a favorite topic of mine. I prefer IWB carry with a ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holsters

New Member Array Round Gun Shooter's Avatar
    As a new member here, I figured I would get my feet wet on a favorite topic of mine.

I prefer IWB carry with a well made holster. My favorite holster maker is Lou Alessi. It takes a while to get one, but it is worth the wait.

Of Lou\'s designs, I use the Watch Six Dual Talon he and Sparks designed for my J frame. I am soon to take delivery on a Hideout model for my 2.5\" Model 66 and one for my Sig 2340.

For my S&W 325PD, I went to Tucker leather. I chose his Revolver Texas Heritage.

Next holster I buy, when the dust settles a little, will be a belt slide for the Sig. That will come from Andy Aratoonian at Horse Shoe Leather in the UK. I had one of his holsters once and the fit and finish are excellent.

Great forum, Thanks,

I prefer the front pocket.

The gun I prefer is an alloy framed SubCompact 1911, in 38 Casull. With a Detonics \"slash\" of the top rear of the slide, rounded front end of the slide, and an alloy grip safety, the gun weighs 21 ozs. It gets 60 gr bullets to 2300 fps, for 700 ft lbs of energy, and really high levels of shock and tissue destruction. It\'s a bit fierce in the recoil-control dept, but I can still get .20 second splits with it, at 10 ft ranges.

smartcarry is my holster

I like the smartcarry holster for its deep concealment capabilities and its versatility. I can wear it the way shown on the website with nothing but swim suit on if I choose and nobody knows Iím carrying. Of course its about 10 degrees here in MI so Iím not in swim suit at this time. :) Anyway the only access problem Iíve found with this holster or for that matter any IWB holster is when Iím sitting in a vehicle. If Iím heading to the city I simply raise the smartcarryís pouch up to my waistline so that the grip of the gun is just above my belt. This gives me easy access to my revolver. I also carry the holster esp. in winter as a chest holster just under my shirt with the help of some clip on shoulder straps my SO made for me. The rev is then located at about 11:00 and positioned between my nipple line and belly button. I usually wear flannel shirts in the winter. With this method of carry I just leave one button unbuttoned and I have very quick access to the revolver. Works for me!

RAMI rig? Like this? http://www.imageseek.com/hbeleather/

Also, High Noon holsters makes nice RAMI leather.

I tote an all steel 5\" 1911 in a Brommeland MaxConVI. This is an inside the waistband rig that is without a doubt, the most comfortable way to carry a gun I have ever used. I dont have any pics, but Gary\'s website is
    www.Brommelandgunleather.com
    One thing I might suggest to new holster-seekers out there, get a GOOD GUNBELT. That will make a lot of difference in how well your roscoe totes.

Dan

DC Founder
    Originally posted by jdsumner
    I tote an all steel 5\" 1911 in a Brommeland MaxConVI. This is an inside the waistband rig that is without a doubt, the most comfortable way to carry a gun I have ever used. I dont have any pics, but Gary\'s website is
    www.Brommelandgunleather.com
    On the website they have a MaxConV, but not a VI. Was that a typo or is it new/discontinued? I like that extra leather flare at the muzzle end....

No Sir, its not a typo.
    The MC VI is a new holster Gary builds. It is essentially a V w a steel reinforced mouth. The neat trick is, the way Gary does it, it doesnt add any mass to the holster. Still incredibly thin. I also have a MaxConV, and never had any trouble holstering w one hand. Gary uses excellent leather that retains its shape and rigidity over long periods of time. I cant say enough good things about these holsters. The \'wings'to the front and rear and the widely spaced loops really keep the holster from digging in any where, and allow a slight bit of movement when seated.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    Originally posted by meme
    The gun I prefer is an alloy framed SubCompact 1911, in 38 Casull. With a Detonics \"slash\" of the top rear of the slide, rounded front end of the slide, and an alloy grip safety, the gun weighs 21 ozs. It gets 60 gr bullets to 2300 fps, for 700 ft lbs of energy, and really high levels of shock and tissue destruction. It\'s a bit fierce in the recoil-control dept, but I can still get .20 second splits with it, at 10 ft ranges.
    Do yourself a favor and get a good holster that covers the trigger then read anything by Dr. Fackler and proceed to buy new ammo.

Obviously I\'ve not graduated yet. I have a Fobus Holster that I carry my G30. That is my CC gun. I did buy one of those holsters that go on the inside of your pants and then you have the fake pager on the outside. It\'s a neat idea but very uncomfortable especially when you go to sit down in the truck or at your local diner. Maybe not a concealed carry holster but I do like my Fobus.

yci
    Greetings all. First post here.

Another vote for the Milt Sparks VM-II for my 1911\'s.

My favorite holster is my Brommeland MAX - CON V for IWB summer carry.

Originally posted by mark123
    I have a High Noon Holster for every gun I own. Some of my guns have two or three. Their customer support is over and above and the holsters of the highest quality.
    +1

Richard

Ken L. Null

This is my Rami 40 S&W with Hakan grips and a Ken L. Null UNS holster. It doesn\'t get much better. Regards, Richard:D

I use the CQC Serpa for my 1911\'s and it is amazing. It comes with both a paddle multi angle plate as does the belt rig. Both are able to be tailored to the angle / cant you desire.

[urlhttp://www.cqcholsters.com/[/url]

http://www.blackhawk.com/serpavideo.html

for those of you with glocks, feast yer eyes on this...

Originally posted by Bravo3
    What is everyone\'s preference for carrying concealed? I am looking for a holster to carry concealed and can\'t make up my mind about what position to carry in. Any preferences on belt, IWB, belt, etc? While I like the idea of carrying in a shoulder holster, for me that is probably not possible very often.

This question relates to my CZ 2075 .40 S&W.

Bumper, this is in no way an advertisement. I apologize if it comes across as such. I happen to use this rig and love it. If I offended you in anyway I apologize. For those of you reading this, I am being proactive as neither a pm nor an im were sent by Bumper but being this is my first day here, I did not want to violate any rules.

~Andy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links