Holsters - Page 3

Holsters

This is a discussion on Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally posted by APachon Bumper, this is in no way an advertisement. I apologize if it comes across as such. I happen to use this ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holsters

DC Founder
    Originally posted by APachon
    Bumper, this is in no way an advertisement. I apologize if it comes across as such. I happen to use this rig and love it. If I offended you in anyway I apologize. For those of you reading this, I am being proactive as neither a pm nor an im were sent by Bumper but being this is my first day here, I did not want to violate any rules.

~Andy
    Not a problem Scott. Your post was right on topic. Actually, I was intrigued with the holster when you mentioned it in the other post. I visited the Blackhawk website and was impressed with the design and features of the holster. I like it. :)

VIP Member
    I use an Ace Case brand bellyband holster. Instead of around the belly, I wear it lower around the hips. It hides my gun like magic, and it\'s easy (and silent) to draw from. In the summertime, all I have to do is suck in my belly once in a while to let in some air so it doesn\'t really get hot and sweaty. Retention is decent, but one-handed reholstering is difficult. (The latter really doesn\'t matter, because if I\'m reholstering, the threat is over and I can use my other hand.)

alternative caption for bettys picture:

solving the mystery of bettys disappearing ass. :P

.......backing away slowly so as not to hinder Ms. Betty\'s line of fire....... :O

hehehheheeh....if the serendipitous (wth does that word mean anyways??) betty wasnt averse to temperatures less than 50 degrees F, i\'d be worried.

:D

VIP Member
    Nah, it\'s okay. Spiff and I trade jabs everywhere online, all in good humor. I have a better \"ass shot\" somewhere in my directory. :P

But just for that Spiff, you\'re not getting the new desktop pic of me and my new AR. Ha!

oddly enough, no one seems to notice that when betty sits down, she seems to tilt to the left just a bit.

:D

VIP Member
    A gun on the other side evens me out. :P

did you check out the little video they have on their website Bumper???

~A

Originally posted by Bumper

~Andy
    Not a problem Scott. Your post was right on topic. Actually, I was intrigued with the holster when you mentioned it in the other post. I visited the Blackhawk website and was impressed with the design and features of the holster. I like it. :) [/quote]

For the vast majority of activities in the urban setting, I prefer and exclusively use IWB holsters, right now a BladeTech for my HK USP.

For hiking and outdoor excursions, I prefer a sturdy Fobus OWB belt holster.

DC Founder
    [quote]Originally posted by APachon
    did you check out the little video they have on their website Bumper???

~A[quote]

Yeah, I watched it a couple of times. I like it when they post vids like that so you can get a good idea how it works.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by SGeringer
    For the vast majority of activities in the urban setting, I prefer and exclusively use IWB holsters, right now a BladeTech for my HK USP.

For hiking and outdoor excursions, I prefer a sturdy Fobus OWB belt holster.
    I agree but I have no belt holster for either of my 1911\'s for some reason (must be an oversight on my part). There are a few occasions where I like to wear a belt holster.

I dont have any IWB holsters yet, I have a Tom Givens Rangemaster from C Rusty Sherrick for my FN Five seveN and a Fobus Yacqui paddle for my springfield 1911. Heres a pic of the rig from Rusty Sherrick...

Hey Betty could you open a school.....

It could be named \"Betty\'s finishing school for northern liberal girls\"

All of us \"Northern Rebels\" would gladly pay you to teach our \"fine\" ladies a few things about guns, knives and self defense.

All joking aside....Gawd dang I wish more northern ladies could be like you!

Sorry for taking the thread away from the original.

vmo
    I carry a Para 14-45 Fullsize in a DeSantis IWB, as long as I use a GOOD belt, it\'s a very comfortable rig. Put on a cheap belt, and everything sags on that side, and I walk in big circles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links