Holsters

This is a discussion on Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the morning I will place an order for a C-Tack IWB for a Glock 22. It came down to either a VMII or C-Tac. ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holsters

C-Tac

In the morning I will place an order for a C-Tack IWB for a Glock 22. It came down to either a VMII or C-Tac. I was informed it can take months to receive a VMKII once the order is placed. The C-Tac should arrive within days of the order. I have heard excellent reports on both plus C-Tac\'s great customer service after the sale.

2. Remove Ads

As I have stated elsewhere, I like the Bodyguard from Orca Softwear. I was searching for a style of carry and did not want to invest a lot of cash trying to find out if IWB was for me. I carry a full-sized 92FS or a Taurus .357 snubby. I got one for both of my guns and was pleasantly surprised at how well they were made, their concealability and the retention/re-holstering properties.

http://www.orcacustom.com/hot/hot.htm

I\'ve got 2 IWB ComII holsters from HBE Leatherworks. Eric makes a great holster for a fair price. Among the whole drawer-full of holsters I\'ve got, they\'re my favorites.

Eric makes great leather - that COMIII my wife carries is the most comfortable rig she has ever used. I miss my HBE I had with my Witness, but I was honest, and sold it with the gun it was made for.....:(

I know it\'s heresy, but...

I use a DeSantis Nemesis (designed for pocket carry) nylon holster IWB at 4:00. I own and have used the best leather holsters made (Null) - as well as Kydex - but for 24/7 convenience and comfort - the Nemesis is tops for me.

I\'ve long sought a minimalist solution to practical and effective IWB CCW. In the dog days of summer my Seecamp DA Detonics MKV with an original \"Clipdraw\" works best. But for the rest of the year, the comfort and versatility of the Nemesis has made me a true believer.

Perhaps it\'s my body type - or choice of weapon (CZ75A) - or a combination of all the various factors that makes it work. Not having to fiddle with loops, snaps, clips etc. makes on/off a breeze. It\'s tuckable (of course), the cant is naturally adjustable, the nylon molds to the pistol, the rubberized exterior resists perspiration while the interior nylon is breathable, the same style/model holster fits my new CZ40-P - and at $15 I can afford another one for it. And most importantly of all - the pebbled rubber exterior holds the holster where you put it. I\'ve experienced a couple of hard falls while carrying this way - and while my dignity and pride were shaken - the gun/holster was secure.

When I need to discretely disarm - I can either simply unbuckle the belt and slip the entire rig out - or unholster the gun leaving the Nemesis in place and not worry about damaging the shape of a leather showpiece scabbard.

I know - it sounds too much like the notorious \"Mexican carry\" - and I\'m certainly not advocating that anyone else try it - but it works well for me. :)

My Steyr S9 in the Rafter S Gunleather shark skin holster. No gut comments please.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by oldtomcat
    My Steyr S9 in the Rafter S Gunleather shark skin holster. No gut comments please.
    All I see is muscle :P

Galco belt slide scabbard for my Glock 27. :rock:

Originally posted by oldtomcat
    What gut?

:)

Originally posted by Trader
    In the morning I will place an order for a C-Tack IWB for a Glock 22. It came down to either a VMII or C-Tac. I was informed it can take months to receive a VMKII once the order is placed. The C-Tac should arrive within days of the order. I have heard excellent reports on both plus C-Tac\'s great customer service after the sale.
    A HUGE thumbs up to Comp-Tac\'s customer service. Last Friday I sent in my old Shirt Tucker to have it upgraded to a CTAC with C-clips as mounts. Today (3 days later) I received a call from a Comp-Tac customer service rep. He told me that he wanted me to know that no one at Comp-Tac likes the C-clips because they do not perform well at extreme cants, but he will send me the holster with the clips install if I still wanted to. I was told that the standard mounts is what all of the employees use. He also inquired as to my size, belt size, and carry needs. I requested standard mounts instead of the clips. He said to send it back for whatever other mounts I wanted to try in case the standard ones don\'t work out for me. Now that\'s what I\'m talking about!!:kay:

Lead Moderator
    been carrying IWB Desanti Tuck holster. Works great in warmer temps, as I can hide it under a normal button down shirt and tuck in the shirt. I usually use a Underarmor t -shirt to keep from chafing against my side. My fobus is ok but too bulky and wears the blueing off my slide.

Distinguished Member
    This is an old thread, but I just found this holster site that summarizes features of many different off the shelf leather holsters. I liked it:

http://www.thegunsource.com/category...r_Holster.aspx

los
    cammo girl should be a Paleontologist.

Great Thread full with useful information.

THANKS for diggin it up..
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

First let me say that there are a lot of great holster makers within these threads.
    Each of us has found those holsters that work for us and a number of holster that don't...thus, the holster box.
    I have found Fist holster to be quality, dependable, reasonable in price, and timely in delivery. I have over three dozen Fist holsters and have yet to be disappointed.
    I have, however, discovered during the last year that OWB is much more comfortable than IWB (never thought I would say that). My concern was hugging the body LIKE an IWB, but I found this... http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/12.htm ...and this OWB fits as tightly against my side as ANY of my IWB's. The holster with the Glock in it is just like my first #12, but I have purchased several lately.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have holsters from Galco, El Paso Saddlery, one from Pacific Canvas, and Don Hume - several styles for several situations. All of them are good. I prefer my Galco Shoulder holsters, but my IWB El Paso holster is exceptional and my Don Hume IWB clip holster gets huge use just because it is so convenient and well made.

One holster doesn't fit all situations. You have to have a couple (that means a "drawer full") of holsters. Shoulder holsters are my favorite, but IWB holsters get used a lot. Good luck finding what you like.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links