Holsters

This is a discussion on Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is everyone\'s preference for carrying concealed? I am looking for a holster to carry concealed and can\'t make up my mind about what position ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holsters

Bravo3

Holsters

What is everyone\'s preference for carrying concealed? I am looking for a holster to carry concealed and can\'t make up my mind about what position to carry in. Any preferences on belt, IWB, belt, etc? While I like the idea of carrying in a shoulder holster, for me that is probably not possible very often.

This question relates to my CZ 2075 .40 S&W.

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder

Carry Preference

I think there are as many holster carry preferences as there are people. I am still trying to find my ideal carry, but I usually wear a Galco.

I have a number of belt holsters that I use only for open carry and in that category I am partial to the Galco Fed Paddle (see picture). It is adjustable to wear either strong or off side (crossdraw) and can be canted either forward or backward. I wear it almost exclusively on the strong side at 4 o\'clock, which seems to be where it hides the best place for me. It prints easily if you wear it under an untucked shirt when you bend so you have to be careful in concealed carry.

For some reason I have never tried the elastic belly band holsters worn around the waist or chest under a shirt, but that is probably my next purchase.

I have also tried a shoulder holster, but living in Arizona it\'s just not practical since I never wear a jacket or coat.

DC Founder

Galco Scout IWB Holster

Here\'s a picture of a Galco Scout IWB that is a capable IWB carry holster I bought on sale at the last Phoenix Gun Show. It works well unless you have a wide belt. With the \"J\" belt hook, it sort of lifts up the edge of my Wilderness belt a bit. No big deal but it looks a little weird.

MsCHPBill

I also use a Galco

A couple of years ago, for Christmas, Bill bought me a purse from Galco that has a holster made into the center of it. It is easy to carry without always being aware that you are which is important to me. I can\'t wear a belt or waistband holster like men do. If you have wives or girlfriends that carry, you might want to try one out.

CHPBill

Galco Purse Holster

Every since I bought that purse for her I have looked for them when I do a traffic stop or speak with a woman on the job. One of these days I am going to surprise someone when I ask about it. For women (and maybe some men) this seems like a great way to carry concealed. I hope I didn\'t hurt any of you guys'feelings, lol :)

DC Founder

Galco Holsters

I have several different holsters but I really like Galco\'s fit and quality. For a large scale manufacturer they do pretty good.

CHPBill

Galco

I have always liked leather holsters rather than nylon and now plastic and I especially like Galco. Custom work is fine, but for the masses, Galco makes a very good quality product.

1. I prefer leather
    2. shoulder holster good for driving
    3. dont like SOB holster\'s because of location...not good for any seated position and possibilty of landing on back/spine
    4. Im too fat for IWB unless I buy a new wardrobe.
    5. I like Galco but don\'t currently own one I do have a OWB from www.haugenhandgunleather.com and really like it

I have a High Noon Holster for every gun I own. Some of my guns have two or three. Their customer support is over and above and the holsters of the highest quality.

DC Founder
    Since this thread started I have probably bought 7 or 8 different holsters. Some I like, some I don\'t. I bought yet another IWB a couple of months ago made by Ross Leather in South Africa and really like it. It is a knock off of a Milt Sparks Summer Special but lacks the snaps making it necessary to put the holster on before the belt. I am thinking a Summer Special may be on my short list....

Milt Sparks VM-II. By far the finest, most comfortable set up I have ever used.

\"For some reason I have never tried the elastic belly band holsters worn around the waist or chest under a shirt, but that is probably my next purchase. \"

I have one for that I use here in FL. All of my pistols fit and wearing it under the arm they are all concealable with any problems. The G21 does\'nt seem to weigh as much wearing it this way. it also has room to carry an extra mag..:)

I prefer IWB, and I\'m a skinny guy, so it\'s important to me that a holster not add a lot of bulk to the weapon. In that respect I actually like the cheap Uncle Mike\'s IWB I have for the CZ-52, it adds very little bulk. I haven\'t bought anything better for the \'52 because I never carry it, it stays under the driver\'s seat in my car.

For my Makarov I have a leather Falco IWB that I got from makarov.com, but I found that the thick leather added quite a bit of bulk. The best thing I have found (for me) is the Bianchi Model 6. Very simple, inexpensive holster, made of a single ply of suede-like cowhide, and a strong spring-metal belt clip.
    The leather is very thin and flexible, so a holster like this feels pretty much like Mexican carry without the risks of snagging on the draw or losing your gun out your pant leg.
    The Model 6 is shown on Bianchi\'s website, but seems quite hard to find. Both the ones I have I bought at a hole-in-the-wall hunting/fishing/sporting goods/gun store here in Raleigh. The first one I bought was marked for a Glock 26, but fits my Makarov like a glove. The second was marked for several compact pistols, but was the best fit I could find for my Ecuadorian Air Force Llama .380, a Spanish-made copy of a Colt Mustang. A few lines of stitching with an awl and it\'s now a perfect fit.

Originally posted by Puppage
    Milt Sparks VM-II. By far the finest, most comfortable set up I have ever used.
    +1

My carry holsters are from FIST. I like them quite a bit, and would wholeheartedly recommend them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links