Kahr holster question

This is a discussion on Kahr holster question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok as some of you know I will shortly be the proud owner of a new Kahr TP-9. Question I have for you all is ...

Thread: Kahr holster question

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar

Kahr holster question

Ok as some of you know I will shortly be the proud owner of a new Kahr TP-9. Question I have for you all is that I observed a posting somewhere that the TP-9 will work perfectly in a 1911 holster (specifically a Yaquari Slide). Is this correct? Does anyone have a Kahr they can slip into a 1911 holster and see if it works "perfectly"? Maybe Gary can thrown in his thoughts on this. Also how about the mag's? I have several nice mag holsters for 1911 and just wondered if the Kahr's mags will fit tightly in them.

Thanks ya'al.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

2. Remove Ads

Steve,
    The answer is, uh - maybe...
    It depends on the amount of detail molding and tolerences of the holster. I tried a Kahr in an 1911 Officer's model holster that I had sewn but not yet molded. It fit and the retention was snug enough that it would work. I then tried it a finished holster for an Officer's model and couldn't even get the Kahr into the holster due to the degree of molding. So the answer is definately "No" if it's a holster molded as detailed as one of mine or Gary's. If it were a softer holster that was only lightly pressure molded or had no molding it may work OK. As to mags, the 1911 mags are thicker, so unless the mag-pouch has a tension screw you could snug down I'd say no-go.
    Hope this helps.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    on factory holsters the only issue i have seen on the p framed kahrs is that you may have to stretch the thumbsnap just slightly to button over the back of the kahr if the holster is so equiped , i use a lot of my 1911 leather for kahr p frame but note none of it is above the galco/donhume/bianchi level , no real fine leather

edited to say just for grinz i tried it in a belt slide bianchi for a k frame smith revolver , and dammed if it wasnt nearly a perfict fit there too LOL
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Thanks bro. I think my confustion came when I saw that the Fobus Yaqui slide fits both the 1911 and the Kahrs. Not a super big fan of Fobus but I have used them (tried on on my last qual and I sucked, I'm going back to my Sparks ITP) but the belt slide / paddle for quick usage might happen.

Thanks for your research and I guess i'll just have to send the folks at Sparks some more of muh money.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    glad to be of help ... enjoy the kahr , i am torn between that model next or a p45 , prob go the p45 next tho lol
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Links