Barami Hip Grips?

This is a discussion on Barami Hip Grips? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How many of you ever carry your J-Frame with the Barami Hip Grips? I don't all the time, but they sure are convenient for that ...

Thread: Barami Hip Grips?

Barami Hip Grips?

How many of you ever carry your J-Frame with the Barami Hip Grips? I don't all the time, but they sure are convenient for that quick trip down to the local Stop-N-Rob for a jug of milk at 10:00 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Works great. T-grips are a must.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I don't much anymore as most of my J frames have learned to live in my pocket, but for 20 years or so, a model 37 with a Barami was stuck into the front of my pants.

I never had a problem with it and the gun always stayed put. I never had any rust problems even though I know I sweated on it a bunch. I always gave my gun an oily wipe at night when I took it off.

Kind of "Old School" now and a lot of folks never heard of them, but they still are a viable option.

I have a "test set" on my 442 right now, courtesy of a friend's generosity. I've carried this way a few times, not sure I really like it. Convenience, yes. A bit concern about the exposed trigger, yes. Right now I think the DeSantis Gunhide holster tucked inner or outer waist works better, stays put and gives trigger protection. Don't know yet what I think of them. Interesting to see what others think.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Barami + ...

Tyler T-Grip + Hogue Handall

Try it! You'll like it!

Just cover the standard set up with the Handall and it just works.

Concealable & controllable! In a pinch you can holster it.
    Hooah! It's an Army thing!

topsblades@gmail.com

I tried them. They do work, but only in the best of circumstances IMO. I was always ultra-conscious of them and worried the gun would slip when sitting or doing anything other than just standing or walking. So, I found myself fidgeting with the gun; a no-no when trying to remain covert. Additionally, I was not confident of my gun retention level should I get into a scuffle.

I always do a little bit of test with my carry options; the neighbors probably think I'm crazy when I do it (if they see me). I will put the unloaded gun in the holster and jump and squat to varying degrees, and then, without touching the gun, roll around on the ground (grass) trying to simulate a brief struggle. You'd be surprised where your firearm ends up sometimes. The Hip Grips failed this for me. You might try it.

IMO, carrying without a holster IWB might look cool in the movies, but it has little value when it comes down to the nut-cuttin'.

JM2C, but I respect your right to use them full out. Just not for me.

Links