Occidental Stronghold Phoenix Review-G19/23/32

This is a discussion on Occidental Stronghold Phoenix Review-G19/23/32 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wrote this review a little while ago on another forum, but recently have gotten more active here. I didn't see any other reviews for ...

Thread: Occidental Stronghold Phoenix Review-G19/23/32

I wrote this review a little while ago on another forum, but recently have gotten more active here. I didn't see any other reviews for this holster so I thought I'd give my opinion and a free plug to Tim Thurton and Occidental...

About 6 months ago I purchased a slightly used MS VMII off Ebay for my EDC G19, and although the quality and craftmanship was top notch, it just never grew on me because I felt it made the gun ride too high which was uncomfortable for me. Not trying to rag on MS, it just didn't fit my body type. I ended up selling it a few months later and ordered a TTGunleather IWB (Reinforced mouth IWB Holster) because from pictures it seems to sit a little more to my liking. The only problem is the wait, now up to 20 weeks for delivery. Continuously checking out TT's website to get updates on his order timeframes, I noticed he had a new holster listed called a Stronghold Phoenix, which Tim Thurton designed for an outside company, Occidental Leather. Occidental has been around for almost 30 years and has previously dealt mostly with leather tool belts and bags, and just a couple months ago got into the gun holster business with the help of Tim. These new holsters were in stock and ready to ship for all Glock models and 1911 models, the only thing that deterred me from ordering was the price, so I decided to hold off and continue using my Don Hume 721OT until the TTGunleather holster came in.

A couple weeks ago I was playing around on Ebay and found a listing for these new Occidental holsters for much lower prices, and couldn't resist ordering one. The prices on Ebay are lowered for a limited time so the business can try to get their name out. Before I get into the holster itself, a couple words on my experience with the business. These guys are awesome, every email I sent to them had a response to my questions within a matter of hours, often times sooner. At the close of the auction I paid for the item, and had a tracking number emailed to me within 30 minutes of payment. I was honestly blown away at their level of professionalism and wanted to add that in, because for me customer service is one of the most important factors when dealing with a company.

Well the holster finally arrived via FedEx today, and man am I impressed. Tim did an awesome job with his design, and Occidental equaled that with their construction. I don't have the VMII for side by side comparisons anymore, but I can say with confidence that this holster rivals the MS in terms of quality and craftsmanship. It rides absolutely perfect in my waistline and I feel more like I'm carrying a G26 than a G19 with this on. Fit for the gun is very precise with good retention for being brand new, it will break in very nicely and quickly. I have been wearing it for the past few hours and have been drawing on and off as opportunity presents itself, and I can already tell how smooth the draw will be in just a matter of days, maybe even less. I am overly happy with this purchase, and with the lack of a wait time you can't beat this for the money in my opinion. If you are looking for a new IWB holster definitely give this one a second look...

TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters
    1337 - Stronghold® Phoenix - Black Leather IWB Holster

if you want to check out my TTGunleather review go to http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...9-23-32-a.html

Now for the pictures!

los
    That's a good looking holster. Very good thorough review..!

THANKS for posting.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I have 2 of the Phoenix holsters and they are fantastic. My favorite leather IWB holster ever. The fact that they are stock items blows my mind!
    Glock 26, Walther P5-C, PPS 9mm, PPK and PPK/S .380, Sig 239 .40, 220 .45, Colt Night Defender, Combat Commander, Pony Pocketlite, S&W model 649, and model 19 .357

Quote Originally Posted by rogersdude View Post
    I have 2 of the Phoenix holsters and they are fantastic. My favorite leather IWB holster ever. The fact that they are stock items blows my mind!
    the turn around time and quality is why they are taking off.

Sponsored Links