Upscale Gun Cases

Upscale Gun Cases

This is a discussion on Upscale Gun Cases within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am an inveterate shooter, but it’s not always guns. My other passion happens to be pool – or pocket billiards for you purists. Since ...

Thread: Upscale Gun Cases

Upscale Gun Cases

I am an inveterate shooter, but it’s not always guns. My other passion happens to be pool – or pocket billiards for you purists. Since I am a pack-rat by nature, over the years I have managed to accumulate quite a few cues. The analogy would be a holster is to a gun as a cue case is to a cue. One of the finest cue cases on the market today is the Whitten cue case (http://www.whittencases.com/Site/Welcome.html) These are made by hand, one at a time with wonderful quality leather, in just about any design you desire (and can afford).

Last week I attended the largest consumer oriented billiard trade show in Valley Forge, PA. Whitten Cases had a booth there, with their wonderful wares on display. Imagine my surprise when I spied, not only cue cases sitting on the table, but also some beautifully crafted handgun cases.

These are the undertaking of the founder’s daughter, Jillian Whitten – who has been crafting leather, literally more than half her life. These are highend cases, made of glove soft leather as well as exotics like alligator. Also there are cowhide prints that mimic exotic hides – genuine leather, but less expensive than real lizard or ostrich. The sky is the limit. If you look at the pictures, you’ll see she incorporated an NRA patch in one design. The large off-white case is genuine alligator (shot by her boyfriend). These are not inexpensive, but consider what you pay for something like Coach leathergoods, that are assembly-line, mass-produced, while these are done by hand, to your order. The interior is unique in that she is using memory foam covered in ultrasuede to cradle your treasures. The foam molds itself to your gun, precluding any shifting during transport or rough handling. Truly luxurious. I know this site is about carry guns, and most would not want to spend this kind of money on something that spends most of its life in a holster. However, I know gunowners, and many of us have that one (or two, or three or ??) very special gun that deserves something out of the ordinary - this is it. She can also make long gun cases.

Her website (http://www.whittenguncases.com) is still under construction, but she can be reached at: jillian@whittenguncases.com for consultations and quotes.

The usual disclaimer - I am not associated with this company, nor profit from this post. Just thought you all would like to see these.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Endowment Member

Nice stuff! I want the alligator.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Very nice. I'll have to keep the page bookmarked.

Links