Concealed Carry Pants - New Product

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Pants - New Product within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Interesting, just expensive...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry Pants - New Product

Interesting, just expensive
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

2. Remove Ads

To me this has potential. The six-second draw was in slow motion. I can see this being as fast or faster than SmartCarry (which admittedly is loved by many and hated by many).

The price is higher than smartcarry + new pants. But it is made in USA which is a plus, I don't think I have any pants made in the USA.

Downside is you would need several pairs to make this your normal mode of carry.
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    I am always a little bit leery of "gimmicky" holsters. I realize a lot of folks (as cited above) have special concerns when it comes to concealment, but I have been wearing concealed in OWB holsters (almost exclusively) for nearly 20 years and inadvertant discovery has not been an issue. I'm simply careful. I think a j-frame in a pocket holster works pretty darned well. But, again, I realize that it must appeal to some folks' needs or they would not be producing/selling them. I would be curious to hear a practical review from a board member.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

They need to hire someone to do a believable video.

The guy with the IWB holster beats him by a mile and then waits.....

The videos could be on YouTube as comedy.

The is no way I put my M&P9c in that pocket and 1.) it doesn't print and 2.) I can get it out clean.
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see.
    -Ronald Reagan-

It is an interesting concept, and I hate to be negative, but here's my take. First, they've had to have put only their best production value on the site and tried to make their product look very good. With that given, it doesn't look very good. 1. It looks cumbersome and awkward as hell to draw. 2. It is obvious they limit your natural movement, hence making you look un-natural. 3.The pants look like a diaper with pant legs.

I, too, would like to hear what your review of them is if you get them; hope I'm proven wrong!

I like the concept, but I'm not sold on this product. Looking forward to your review.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member
    I'll look forward to the review (with photos right??)

I got a pair of hikers shorts at Cabelas the other day. Most women's shorts do not have big enough pockets to carry an LCP, these pockets are very deep and the material is heavy enough to accomodate a big belt and holster if needed.

(hope I did not hijack by adding my plug for Cabela's hiker shorts....)

$90! You've got to be kidding!
    Member of:
    National Rifle Association
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry
    Defensive Carry
    United States Conceal Carry Association

cmb
    First thing I noticed was cost! Wow. Second thing would be a question on durability and fit. Third would be a question on printing, I mean full size pistol in pocket, and all those mags 178 rounds worth, that's alot of weight...

I also think they all solving a problem that doesn't exist for 95 may 99% of CC's... my IWB doesn't pinch and is plenty fast...

The price isn't that much out of line. Crosbreed Quick Clip..$66.50, good pair of Dockers...$30. I've asked for a pair as well. Thing are backed up trying to get ready for the NRA show coming up...Will advise when they arrive.

Keep the 12 ga close!

I'm very interested to read a review of these, I love the idea but I'm also very skeptical. I also take issue with the way the videos tactically they are all virtually worthless and the person in that situation should not survive really any of those encounters unless their name is lucky. I also take issue with the fact that they imply that to carry IWB means that I need to wear an oversized shirt and cargo pants. Thats just plain not true, I really didn't see a single bit of clothing that I couldn't pull off in the videos with my full frame 1911 IWB with tuckable clips.

Like I said, would love to hear a review or even better several reviews. As we all know this is an expensive hobby/lifestyle but it does seem a little steep for something you expect to buy several of.

Not trying to knock anyone elses products for carry but with my customer hat on I'm still skeptical. If they work as well as they look in the photo's I'll own a pair.

Luke

DC Founder
    While it initially sounded like pretty good idea, if you were as slow as the guy drawing you would be dead twice over....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Interesting idea but I'm pretty sure I'll pass.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I hope they work very well and they make a lot of money. It's a tough world out there right now.

I have been wearing my new LA Police Gear causal Levis and discovered a clip in the thigh pocket bounces against the leg as I walk. For me that is irritating. Can't imagine carrying my Colt Commander (big and heavy) loose in a pocket like they describe.

I too would like to see some objective customer reviews. Interesting concept and probably has a niche for very discreet carry.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links