Concealed Carry Pants - New Product

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Pants - New Product within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for the link! I'm very interested as well. $89 a pop is expensive, but for an discrete carry option it's worth looking into IMO. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry Pants - New Product

Thanks for the link! I'm very interested as well. $89 a pop is expensive, but for an discrete carry option it's worth looking into IMO. I agree, those of us who can't afford to be made it sure looks like a darn good option as apposed to some of the other methods. The speed of the draw is pretty slow, but SA should help aid in that area.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

A little common sense on the video's would also help a bit. If an attacker comes out from behind a van - GUN DRAWN - I'm grabbing my wife and running behind cover, not taking two steps out in the middle of the lot and (slowly) drawing my handgun. The minute the poor ******* put his hand in his pocket he would have been shot.

As far as the product is concerned, I can see the use as an optional method of carry for the odd circumstance, but anyone that tells you a viable carry option for your 1911 is in your pocket, is either selling something, a complete firearm novice or delusional. There are limits.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    I hope they work very well and they make a lot of money. It's a tough world out there right now.

I have been wearing my new LA Police Gear causal Levis and discovered a clip in the thigh pocket bounces against the leg as I walk. For me that is irritating. Can't imagine carrying my Colt Commander (big and heavy) loose in a pocket like they describe.
    Well, silly me! I discovered today I have a couple mag pockets inside the thigh pockets of my LA casual levis. The clip doesn't bounce against the thigh when in the pocket.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    OK so they aren't perfect. What is? They are for a specific job, deep concealment, and I dare say you can deploy faster with them than some other DC holsters. Or use them with a small IWB for your mousegun so you can cover yourself while you drag out the artillery. I'd try some out myself but I'd have to lose 4 inches first to fit in them.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Right up my alley, maybe. I like this new approach. I will be watching and thinking. I think at this point in some carry situations this maybe great, for me. .
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioPx4Storm View Post
    $90! You've got to be kidding!
    Not to be a jerk, but have you bought a good quality holster lately? As in a leather IWB. They don't go cheap and it don't stop there. Pretty pricey cash out. Respectfully..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

Has anyone checked out their FAQ and links on how to use? You would definetly want to keep the booger hook off the go switch during the draw. An AD is likely to result in a shot in the worst possible, for most of us, locations.

I'd be interested to see the jeans, when they are released.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    There are folks out there, self included, who need to be discrete with their carry methods. Wearing a gun around the waist is not an option for me - cannot afford a "bump" or "hug" frisk.

These pants look like they will allow pocket carry of a "real" pistol, instead of just a small pistol or snubbie. The break away makes getting a full grip possible while the gun is still in the pocket, and allows a larger gun to be drawn without snagging the pocket opening.

I'm not an attorney, but the pockets on these pants are purposely made to carry a pistol safely. Might meet the legal definition of a "holster?"

I'll agree the videos are a bit cheesy. No way I would risk my life to chase down a purse snatcher (that's why we have Lifelock and personal property insurance) - but that is an issue of tactics. I think the idea was to show that you can run, move, bend, etc while carrying a large pistol (Glock 19) in these pants.

They called me earlier today, as promised, to take my order. They expect inventory to be in this week. Nice people.

I'll post a review in a few weeks, once I have tried them out for a while.

They expect to add shorts and women's pants down the line, too.
    Thank-you! I look forward to your review.

Well, it took a while for the pants I wanted to arrive into inventory, but they called me today, and the pants should be here in 3-4 days.

I'm going to try them for a while before I post a review. I have to say, I am very pleased so far with their service - very nice people.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Count me among the folks interested in the review. Thanks for the thread!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Break away pants may become handy during the holiday eating season!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Well, I did order the cargo pants. My impression is that they are very well made pants, and worth the money. The holster pocket system works well. The draw is fast!

As first delivered, however, I was able to pull the trigger on my (unloaded) Glock through the fabric. It took a bit of digging with my finger, but with small grabby children in the home, that was a no-go to me. I spoke to Jay (who is a really nice guy!), and he has re-designed the pockets so that there will be an optional plastic trigger guard that will slide into a sleeve on the outside of the pocket/holster. As an interim solution, he sent me plastic guards to attach to the outside of the pockets myself (using safety pins).

Another issue is that, for me at least, the weight of the pistol pulled the pants down, so that they sagged a bit on the gun side. Other folks with different body shapes may not find that to be an issue. I tried different belts, but the only thing that helped was suspenders.

Biggest issue was printing. There was NO printing while standing, but while walking there was an unusual bulge on the front of my thigh. While sitting, the bulge was on the inside of the thigh. Neither looked like a gun, but the bulge was in an unusual spot. I think this is mostly because I have large thighs (27 inches), so folks with skinnier legs and thighs will probably print less.

All in all, I think this is a great idea that unfortunately does not seem to work with my short, squat body type. If you have thinner thighs than I do, or are more tolerant of "printing," this system is worth a look.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Thank for the review!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I went to Jay's presentation at the SHOT Show skeptically. Frankly, I was amazed at how little printing, i.e., none, there was with a Glock 19 and 17 while standing. He is trying to solve the issues associated with CCW in the business casual environment and I think he is on a good track.

I did tell him I would give him some lessons on presentation. Whatever funkiness shows in the videos is probably as much due to his personal skill level as to the product.

Jay's heart is in the right place and he is an engineer by training and has a very analytical mind. I'm confident that any issues, e.g., the need for a trigger shield, will be resolved as he gets more feedback from the market.
    Some drink at the fountain of Knowledge, others just gargle.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links