Concealed Carry Pants - New Product

Concealed Carry Pants - New Product

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Pants - New Product within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is an interesting product that I will probably try out: CCW Breakaways.com I've traded some emails with the owners - very responsive, which is ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry Pants - New Product

Lightbulb Concealed Carry Pants - New Product

Here is an interesting product that I will probably try out:

CCW Breakaways.com

I've traded some emails with the owners - very responsive, which is a good sign.

They claim you can pocket carry a full-size fighting pistol without it printing or bouncing around. The pocket is reinforced to protect the trigger.

As pants they are expensive. As an alternative to buying a smaller gun, they are cheap.

If I get a pair (leaning that way) I'll post a review after I've used it for a while.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I would be intersted in your review
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

Not impressed. The purse snatching video says it all. The guy looks like he is running with a goiter on his leg and then six seconds to draw after the BG produces a knife. The other scenarios are equally laughable particularly where the guy with the pocket holster beats the guy to the draw carrying IWB apendix. There is a reason why that is slo/mo as it is easier to edit to make it come out the way you want. I don't think this company will be around long. YMMV
    mano3 likes this.

NVM, just watched the vids...

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Actually I like the idea and product. I think with training it could be as fast as typical holster carry. Looking forward to a few reviews though first.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

From the pics, it appears the concept is good. But for $90, I can purchase another darned good IWB holster.

Bet thay don't sell too many in Ohio, as Ohio law requires a holster. So if you carry in OH, you have to buy a pocket holster anyway. Does anyone make a pocket holster for a full size 1911? I'll stick with Levis, Dockers, and 5.11 cargos for a whole lot less money.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

There are folks out there, self included, who need to be discrete with their carry methods. Wearing a gun around the waist is not an option for me - cannot afford a "bump" or "hug" frisk.

These pants look like they will allow pocket carry of a "real" pistol, instead of just a small pistol or snubbie. The break away makes getting a full grip possible while the gun is still in the pocket, and allows a larger gun to be drawn without snagging the pocket opening.

I'm not an attorney, but the pockets on these pants are purposely made to carry a pistol safely. Might meet the legal definition of a "holster?"

I'll agree the videos are a bit cheesy. No way I would risk my life to chase down a purse snatcher (that's why we have Lifelock and personal property insurance) - but that is an issue of tactics. I think the idea was to show that you can run, move, bend, etc while carrying a large pistol (Glock 19) in these pants.

They called me earlier today, as promised, to take my order. They expect inventory to be in this week. Nice people.

I'll post a review in a few weeks, once I have tried them out for a while.

They expect to add shorts and women's pants down the line, too.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Thanks for the link. I'm on the fence about this product. I am interested in how they will work for you. Eagerly awaiting your review!
    Crescentstar likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

He seemed to be a lot faster when he was lying on the ground in the road side video. The price is a little stiff but it does seem practical for concealment. I have a pocket holster for my snub nose revolver, their pocket design would make it easier to carry then regular pants. Know a seamstress, you might be able to have your regular pants altered.

I like the idea behind it but my problem is I already have a bunch of stuff in my pockets, adding a gun and mag isn't doable. I've got my phone in my right front pocket, car keys and a pen in my left front, wallet in my back right and knife in my back left. The only way this would work is if I moved my phone and keys down to a cargo pocket.

I'm still not convinced that all 140lbs of me could just stick a gun in my pocket and not have people think I've got some massive growth on my leg...

The price is also really hard to swallow. When you buy a holster or two you are pretty much covered. With the pants I would have to buy 4 or 5 pairs...
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

That price is MSRP. I would think the cost will come down as soon as they get a few distributers. The cost will have to drop under $50.00 before I'll spring for em.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I agree. I can not afford a bump or frisk either. I like the idea if they do not print and don't make me run like a bull legged old man.

$90 is a lot to pay for a pair of pants. They might conceal a gun but how will they hold up to everyday use?

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    There are folks out there, self included, who need to be discrete with their carry methods. Wearing a gun around the waist is not an option for me - cannot afford a "bump" or "hug" frisk.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    interesting concept... I think it would end up like my holster shirts though. It seems every holster for CCW makes guns disappear only in the photos they give you. Once you buy and try you quickly realize the miracle holster you bought is another expensive holster box filler
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I have a holster shirt that I can only use with my LCP. I normally wear a XL shirt but with the holster shirt I have to wear a XXL shirt.

We all knew we would have to change at least a little, the way we dressed when we started to carry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links