gun belt

gun belt

This is a discussion on gun belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in the market for a new gun belt. I currently have a Galco belt and i don't like it. overpriced and doesn't work ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: gun belt

gun belt

I am in the market for a new gun belt. I currently have a Galco belt and i don't like it. overpriced and doesn't work much better than a dress belt. I was thinking of a beltman belt? Any experience with of his products?

Do not own one by the Beltman but everything I have heard was good. You might also check out A&G Gunleather, I do own belts by them and they are great. The customer service is outstanding, quality is great, really great people to deal with.

5.11 makes a good gun belt.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Well I have a 1 1/2 black bullhide belt from Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather and it is perfect for me. I like the idea of having a custom leather gun belt at a decent price and that is exactly what it is! You won't be dissappointed.

I've heard good things about beltman too

wilderness belts

I love a good leather gun belt. I have a Beltman and 2 from A&G. A&G is my favorite leather gun belt maker. His customer service skills are crazy. He has a quick ship program for 1.5" belts. Ships next day. Good luck and you can't make a bad decision with either maker.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

VIP Member
    Beltman belts - great stuff! Can't go wrong. Stiff and sturdy and seems to last forever. Holds up an all steel Colt all day long without a bit of sag.

Also, there are many, many custom makers around here, and I would not be afraid to buy from any of them.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    5.11 makes a good gun belt.
    It's a good belt for the money and plenty stiff. The only flaw is the edge peels off the kydex stiffener. I've worn mine over a year and for ten bucks shipped... it served me well. You can use a sharpie to hide the peeling.

My belt now is the crossbreed. It's a very nice belt but not quite a stiff as my buddy's Beltman Bullhide. That said I really don't need a more ridged belt with either my Supertuck or 60TK Milt Sparks holsters. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    I love a good leather gun belt. I have a Beltman and 2 from A&G. A&G is my favorite leather gun belt maker. His customer service skills are crazy. He has a quick ship program for 1.5" belts. Ships next day. Good luck and you can't make a bad decision with either maker.
    YES! I got my belt 4 days after I ordered it

If you're not set on leather, I really like my 5 stitch Instructor Belt from Wilderness Tactical.

If you want a good gun belt go with custom. If you want something inexpensive get a 5.11 from LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk You can get a pair of pants and belt for $15 use coupon code Tweet for 10% off order.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Miller,
    Like previously posted, there are alot of good belt / holster makers out there. You shouldn't have any problem finding just the one you like.

A high quality dual layered gun belt is a must.

Good luck in your quest.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Everyone seems to be evading your question. I have a Beltman 1.5 bullhide and it is the best belt I have ever owned. I use it almost every day, and holds up everything I need. I would like to try the stiffener some day, but I am quite happy with up to a full size 1911 hanging off it, which is the heaviest thing I care to carry concealed. The one thing I would like to mention that no one ever says, is that it really does a superior job of holding up your pants! Follow their directions for sizing and you won't be sorry.

Yes, I have two Beltman Belts. One black, one brown. Both are 1-1/4" wide with the seven holes, nickel buckles, and the Velcro insert. I got the Velcro insert because I wanted to use V-Clips on my holsters. I didn't get the internal stiffener because you cannot get both the Velcro insert and the stiffener together. For me, the stiffener isn't necessary. I highly recommend them.

Old belt that I thought was thick...

Double-layer Beltman Belt with Velcro insert...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorDude View Post
    Everyone seems to be evading your question. I have a Beltman 1.5 bullhide and it is the best belt I have ever owned. I use it almost every day, and holds up everything I need. I would like to try the stiffener some day, but I am quite happy with up to a full size 1911 hanging off it, which is the heaviest thing I care to carry concealed. The one thing I would like to mention that no one ever says, is that it really does a superior job of holding up your pants! Follow their directions for sizing and you won't be sorry.
    Thanks! I think I will go with the Beltman belt. I was debating between the stiffener and no stiffener, but if you're hanging a 1911 off of it with out one, my 27 should be fine..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links