gun belt

gun belt

This is a discussion on gun belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in the market for a new gun belt. I currently have a Galco belt and i don't like it. overpriced and doesn't work ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: gun belt

gun belt

I am in the market for a new gun belt. I currently have a Galco belt and i don't like it. overpriced and doesn't work much better than a dress belt. I was thinking of a beltman belt? Any experience with of his products?

Do not own one by the Beltman but everything I have heard was good. You might also check out A&G Gunleather, I do own belts by them and they are great. The customer service is outstanding, quality is great, really great people to deal with.

5.11 makes a good gun belt.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Well I have a 1 1/2 black bullhide belt from Custom Gun Belts, Custom Leather Belts from A & G Custom Gun Leather and it is perfect for me. I like the idea of having a custom leather gun belt at a decent price and that is exactly what it is! You won't be dissappointed.

I've heard good things about beltman too

wilderness belts

I love a good leather gun belt. I have a Beltman and 2 from A&G. A&G is my favorite leather gun belt maker. His customer service skills are crazy. He has a quick ship program for 1.5" belts. Ships next day. Good luck and you can't make a bad decision with either maker.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

VIP Member
    Beltman belts - great stuff! Can't go wrong. Stiff and sturdy and seems to last forever. Holds up an all steel Colt all day long without a bit of sag.

Also, there are many, many custom makers around here, and I would not be afraid to buy from any of them.

Good luck!
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    5.11 makes a good gun belt.
    It's a good belt for the money and plenty stiff. The only flaw is the edge peels off the kydex stiffener. I've worn mine over a year and for ten bucks shipped... it served me well. You can use a sharpie to hide the peeling.

My belt now is the crossbreed. It's a very nice belt but not quite a stiff as my buddy's Beltman Bullhide. That said I really don't need a more ridged belt with either my Supertuck or 60TK Milt Sparks holsters. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    I love a good leather gun belt. I have a Beltman and 2 from A&G. A&G is my favorite leather gun belt maker. His customer service skills are crazy. He has a quick ship program for 1.5" belts. Ships next day. Good luck and you can't make a bad decision with either maker.
    YES! I got my belt 4 days after I ordered it

If you're not set on leather, I really like my 5 stitch Instructor Belt from Wilderness Tactical.

If you want a good gun belt go with custom. If you want something inexpensive get a 5.11 from LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk You can get a pair of pants and belt for $15 use coupon code Tweet for 10% off order.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Miller,
    Like previously posted, there are alot of good belt / holster makers out there. You shouldn't have any problem finding just the one you like.

A high quality dual layered gun belt is a must.

Good luck in your quest.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Everyone seems to be evading your question. I have a Beltman 1.5 bullhide and it is the best belt I have ever owned. I use it almost every day, and holds up everything I need. I would like to try the stiffener some day, but I am quite happy with up to a full size 1911 hanging off it, which is the heaviest thing I care to carry concealed. The one thing I would like to mention that no one ever says, is that it really does a superior job of holding up your pants! Follow their directions for sizing and you won't be sorry.

Yes, I have two Beltman Belts. One black, one brown. Both are 1-1/4" wide with the seven holes, nickel buckles, and the Velcro insert. I got the Velcro insert because I wanted to use V-Clips on my holsters. I didn't get the internal stiffener because you cannot get both the Velcro insert and the stiffener together. For me, the stiffener isn't necessary. I highly recommend them.

Old belt that I thought was thick...

Double-layer Beltman Belt with Velcro insert...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorDude View Post
    Everyone seems to be evading your question. I have a Beltman 1.5 bullhide and it is the best belt I have ever owned. I use it almost every day, and holds up everything I need. I would like to try the stiffener some day, but I am quite happy with up to a full size 1911 hanging off it, which is the heaviest thing I care to carry concealed. The one thing I would like to mention that no one ever says, is that it really does a superior job of holding up your pants! Follow their directions for sizing and you won't be sorry.
    Thanks! I think I will go with the Beltman belt. I was debating between the stiffener and no stiffener, but if you're hanging a 1911 off of it with out one, my 27 should be fine..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links