New Alessi Holsters - Part 2

This is a discussion on New Alessi Holsters - Part 2 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got these new Alessi holsters a few weeks ago, along with a couple of other Alessi holsters that I showed off in this earlier ...

Thread: New Alessi Holsters - Part 2

I got these new Alessi holsters a few weeks ago, along with a couple of other Alessi holsters that I showed off in this earlier thread:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ghlight=alessi

These are for a Commander and I waited to show these because there was a problem with them and I wanted to contact Tom at Alessi first and decide what to do. The short version: there was a miscommunication and the brown holster was supposed to have the brown gator trim, and I never even ordered a black holster. When I was called and told my 4 holsters were ready and I explained that I only ordered 3, Tom decided to send all 4 so I could see if I liked them all. Then when I got them and saw the brown one had black trim I knew I didn't want it. Tom and I played phone tag for a few days, then I went out of town, then he went out of town...and things just dragged on.

I initially thought I would return both holsters and ask him to remake the brown one with the gator trim as it was supposed to be, but I've decided that I'm going to keep the black holster with the brown gator trim and return the brown holster. I don't have anything black with brown trim, but it's really grown on me and now I just need a matching mag pouch. Later on I may go ahead and get a brown holster with the brown gator too, but for another gun. Tom and his crew are really doing a great job and I'm sure Lou would be proud!

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Those are beautiful. Almost too nice for EDC.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Nice leather, enjoy.

No need to return the brown one IMHO. Sell it for what you have in it + shipping on any of the forums (1911). You will be reimbursed, someone will get an awesome Alessi rig with no wait and Tom won't have to deal with the return. AND NO, I don't even own a 1911.
    I am currently waiting on a CQC/S myself for a S&W CS9, just boring old black though, couldn't swing the shark this time.
    Just a thought, good luck whatever you decide and thanks for the awesome pics, your last review is what spurred on my purchase
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jackawala View Post
    No need to return the brown one IMHO. Sell it for what you have in it + shipping on any of the forums (1911). You will be reimbursed, someone will get an awesome Alessi rig with no wait and Tom won't have to deal with the return. AND NO, I don't even own a 1911.
    I am currently waiting on a CQC/S myself for a S&W CS9, just boring old black though, couldn't swing the shark this time.
    Just a thought, good luck whatever you decide and thanks for the awesome pics, your last review is what spurred on my purchase
    Mike
    You're very welcome! I'm always glad to influence someone to buy nice leather. As for the pics, one of the guys at work takes them for me. We've got top quality photo gear there and he's nice enough to take a few moments to help me out whenever I get new leather.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Nice looking leather. I'm sure Uncle Lou would agree.
    Randy

Sponsored Links