P7-M8 Mag Pouches Elephant Trim

This is a discussion on P7-M8 Mag Pouches Elephant Trim within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just started doing some work with exotics. This is a double mag and single mag pouches for the P7-M8 with full frontal elephant. The customer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P7-M8 Mag Pouches Elephant Trim

P7-M8 Mag Pouches Elephant Trim

Just started doing some work with exotics. This is a double mag and single mag pouches for the P7-M8 with full frontal elephant. The customer specified the shield on the double mag pouch. Let me know what you think. Good, Bad or Indifferent.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

los
    Beautiful work..!!

I especially like the canted single mag carrier.

I'd probably have the slots on the double mag carrier positioned a little lower on the rig to elevate it on the belt line, being that it's an OWB unit.

Overall, great worksmanship..!!

Congrats.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Beautiful work..!!

I especially like the canted single mag carrier.

I'd probably have the slots on the double mag carrier positioned a little lower on the rig to elevate it on the belt line, being that it's an OWB unit.

Overall, great worksmanship..!!

Congrats.
    Thank you for the kind words. I make them to ride high or low with more or less mag exposed depending on the customer's wishes. For my personal carry I like them low as they are rib and love handle friendly.

How about some pics of the matching holster?

I am always trolling for someone who is adept at making a rig for P7's.

ks

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo Sierra View Post
    How about some pics of the matching holster?

I am always trolling for someone who is adept at making a rig for P7's.

ks
    Sorry! The customer allready had a holster. I'm working on designs for a P7 holster for my own P7 PSP. I'll post anything I come up with. It's a tough pistol to holster well although wonderful to shoot.

Impressive work! I'm always interested in seeing good work with exotics. If possible, it would be nice to see pic's of the mag carrier's attached to a belt to see how they line up...Thanks for the post!
    ארדוף אויבי ואשיגם ולא-אשוב עד-כלותם
    תהילים יח/לח

Quote Originally Posted by Gush Etsion View Post
    Impressive work! I'm always interested in seeing good work with exotics. If possible, it would be nice to see pic's of the mag carrier's attached to a belt to see how they line up...Thanks for the post!
    Ooops! Should have thought of that. I shipped them yesterday.

Very nice . . .I just love exotics.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Quote Originally Posted by Mardet65 View Post
    Very nice . . .I just love exotics.
    Thank you. They actually have a functional purpose. Elephant and shark, particularly shark, are very resistant to abrasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Denster View Post
    Sorry! The customer allready had a holster. I'm working on designs for a P7 holster for my own P7 PSP. I'll post anything I come up with. It's a tough pistol to holster well although wonderful to shoot.

Yes it is...Seems like every time I speak with a maker about how I want a rig built...They always tell how they want to make it...And when I explain my preferences, I keep getting how they want to build it (extreme cants, and always too high of a ride off the belt)...and so far none of them actually carry this weapon...I am willing to take my lumps if it doesn't work out...But no satisfaction yet, and the chances of getting my hands on a Del Fatti are virtually nill. So I am leaning towards getting in line for a TT product.

Please include the M8 in your designs...Slight differences, but significant.

Hope to see your work.

ks

Yes it is...Seems like every time I speak with a maker about how I want a rig built...They always tell how they want to make it...And when I explain my preferences, I keep getting how they want to build it (extreme cants, and always too high of a ride off the belt)...and so far none of them actually carry this weapon...I am willing to take my lumps if it doesn't work out...But no satisfaction yet, and the chances of getting my hands on a Del Fatti are virtually nill. So I am leaning towards getting in line for a TT product.

Please include the M8 in your designs...Slight differences, but significant.

Hope to see your work.

ks
    I know what you mean. The P7 series does benefit from some cant due to its being butt heavy but not to the extremes I've seen and riding high is definetly without merit. I'm leaning towards medium ride between the waistband and the belt design somewhat like Matt's design but not a copy. When I was a young cop IWB was comfortable now that I'm a not so young retired cop and "slightly" more portly it's not as comfortable. It would be easy to use the same design of the PSP for the M8 just a different stitchline and an M8 blue gun for molding.

I know what you mean. The P7 series does benefit from some cant due to its being butt heavy but not to the extremes I've seen and riding high is definetly without merit. I'm leaning towards medium ride between the waistband and the belt design somewhat like Matt's design but not a copy. When I was a young cop IWB was comfortable now that I'm a not so young retired cop and "slightly" more portly it's not as comfortable. It would be easy to use the same design of the PSP for the M8 just a different stitchline and an M8 blue gun for molding.
    I wanted to try this approach....Took a look at the Sparks "Mirage", seemed like an excellent option for the weapon...Gentleman that I spoke with during the Ordering "window" (after I finally got through) couldn't provide any information specific to ride height and cant for a P7 specifically...Didn't really feel like waiting 26 weeks for an unknown, so I settled on a 55BN...Like so many others though, my version of the lottery would be a LP-HTL...New , used, bequeathed, smuggled from Canada, or whatever...I'd be interested in your design.

ks

I wanted to try this approach....Took a look at the Sparks "Mirage", seemed like an excellent option for the weapon...Gentleman that I spoke with during the Ordering "window" (after I finally got through) couldn't provide any information specific to ride height and cant for a P7 specifically...Didn't really feel like waiting 26 weeks for an unknown, so I settled on a 55BN...Like so many others though, my version of the lottery would be a LP-HTL...New , used, bequeathed, smuggled from Canada, or whatever...I'd be interested in your design.

ks
    I have some doubts about how well the mirage would work with the P7 but then I'm not a fan of belt slides under or over the belt. The 55BN is a standard avenger style that with the P7 would leave a lot of gun above the holster. I'd be more comfortable with it if they offered a sweat shield with maybe a tapering wrap around.

I have some doubts about how well the mirage would work with the P7 but then I'm not a fan of belt slides under or over the belt. The 55BN is a standard avenger style that with the P7 would leave a lot of gun above the holster. I'd be more comfortable with it if they offered a sweat shield with maybe a tapering wrap around.

Yes...Great minds think alike...I am a bit of a minimalist, and avoid bulk at every opportunity. To date all the options I have tried all have similar deficiencies. My son has a 55BN for his Glock Mdl 30, and it seems to share some of the weight and proportion characteristics, supports the weapon well but is a bit to high in ride height for me. While it isn't optimum for my tastes I'll patiently wait for delivery and hope for the best.

ks

Just started doing some work with exotics. This is a double mag and single mag pouches for the P7-M8 with full frontal elephant. The customer specified the shield on the double mag pouch. Let me know what you think. Good, Bad or Indifferent.
    As expected, beautiful work! Were you able to get the elephant to burnish well on the cowhide? Any tricks to that? Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links