Got my crossbreed supertuck the other day and....???? Need some advice...

This is a discussion on Got my crossbreed supertuck the other day and....???? Need some advice... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys.....I need someone with a crossbreed supertuck that carries a weapon about the size of a springfield xd .40 subcompact to chime in please....... ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hey guys.....I need someone with a crossbreed supertuck that carries a weapon about the size of a springfield xd .40 subcompact to chime in please....... or anyone else that knows what is best here.

I am 6'-1" and 195 lbs.....athletic type of build. I have been carrying my springfield xd .40 sub compact on an ankle holster with jeans and a t-shirt type of dress or OWB in colder weather with heavier clothing. During summer months I just haven't carried because I didn't have a good way of concealing this gun with shorts and t-shirt (or jeans and t-shirt when the ankle holster is uncomfortable)........ until recently.

I purchased a crossbreed supertuck and received it two days ago. I wore it all day yesterday and all day today and it is extremely comfortable. BUT....my problem is, and the problem I can't figure out how you guys hide..... is that there is a buldge in my pants where the gun is (due obviously to the holster plastic and gun). I wear my shirt tucked in almost all the time and even my wife made the comment just a few minutes ago that the buldge is quite obvious. I know not many people pay attention to something like in the general public and that and me knowing its there is a big mental factor in being uncomfortable with the look of it.......but.....

my question is..... how do you guys hide that obvious buldge that the holster and gun create if you have your shirt tucked in???.

The holster came with the belt clips set on the 3rd hole (down from the top) and was quite comfortable there, but I noticed the buldge. So I tried moving the clips up to the 2nd hole (therefore raising the ride of the plastic and gun). That took away a little bit of the buldge, but not too much, and also made me print a good bit easier in a thin t-shirt at the rear sites and butt of the gun. So I'm debating going back down to the 3rd hole so I don't print as easily and with a t-shirt untucked....I shouldn't have much problem hiding the buldge. But again, the concern is when my shirt is tucked in, as my job requires me to do so, and the buldge created from the holster.

Ohh yeah, I tend to carry about 3:30-4:00 on my waist. I thought about moving it all the way around to my back, but if I do that (therefore limiting my ability to get to the gun), I may as well have bought a SOB holster.

Can any of you guys shed some light as to maybe a better location to carry and maybe a better way of adjusting this holster to get rid of that buldge?????????? I'd really like to get this holster riding right for me so I can feel more comfortable in carrying with it.....especially with shorts and t-shirt (shirt tucked in) or a thin t-shirt untucked.

Thanks.

Sounds like you need more cant adjustment.

I have a crossbreed supertuck. I am curious how you are concealing your gun at all with the shiurt tucked in. I have only ever used mine with an untucked shirt or a over garment to cover the handle that rides above my waistline.

los
    I think it's noticeable to your wife because she obviously knows you're carrying. Heck, you prolly asked for her opinion..??

The common, unsuspecting person will most likely not detect it.

Try a few different positions on the belt line and adjust the cant accordingly. Also, un-tuck your shirt a little in the area of the holster.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

What kind of belt are you using?

I have the cant adjusted to:

Front clip = Third Hole down (from top)

Rear clip = Second Hole down

I had the same issues with mine. Ultimately, I no longer carry my 9 and carry my LCP all the time (with a Microclip from CB). When I did carry the 9, I had to carry low and with a lot of cant to hide it well. My wife always says I show, even with the LCP, but she knows what to look for and is looking! No one else has ever made a second glance that I caught.

I would try low and with a lot of cant, most guys here are wearing larger shirts to conceal. My shirts are pretty snug and I can hide my LCP easily, the 9 somewhat well, but it's so damn awkward all the time.
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    Ruger LCP with CT laser grip
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    Ol' .22LR

Would moving the "bulge" to 12:00 High Noon position misdirect the interpretation of the "bulge"

I have a Crossbreed on order for a Glock 19. I'm not very large and I don't see how this is going to work. I'm thinking of picking up a Ruger LCR for pocket carry in dress paints with large deep pockets. Maybe a Glock 26. I'll see how the 19 works.

1911 = thinner bulge
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Just joined the forum and already have a question.

Does the leather backing rub and abrade your skin? I can see a big ole callous on my side.

I carry my XD9 subcompact in a SuperTuck. I'm a small guy and it conceals very well. The clips are on the 2nd hole from the bottom.

I wear mine at 3:30, while driving, but it does conceal better at about 4:30ish otherwise.

I have one pair of jeans that bulge a little, because of the way they're cut, so I don't wear the XD with those pants.

It conceals even better, when I tuck in the shirt, because the shirt blouses up and conceals the handle completely, even when bending.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Blownsvt: I just tuck my shirt in all the way around to the holster, holster the gun, and my shirt kind of tucks in around the gun and down between my pants and the leather of the holster. Its a little aggrevating (just a little) to get it on and the shirt tucked in around it, but it works nicely.

los: Actually my wife had no idea I had it on, nor did I ask her about it yesterday......now she did know I had the holster and would probably be carrying it......but when I got home from work her exact words were...."are you carrying your gun? Because it is making a very noticeable buldge at your waist where its at." Granted.....yes, she knew I was probably carrying and 99 out of 100 people I encounter wont have a clue.....but still....it was noticeable.

The Shadow I am just using a regular belt like I always wear.....but it is a thicker type of belt. In other words, with the holster on you cannot move the holster up and down....i.e. no wiggle to it. Thinking about getting a CB belt though. I will also try different cant positions like you have yours set up. For some reason I haven't thought about using the clips in different holes to adjust the cant.

bowzette: I was wondering who would be the first to slip in a comment about the buldge and front of the pants....hahaha.

I appreciate the replies. I'll keep playing with it to see what I can do. The gun conceals easily with this holster...except the buldge. I did wear it all day yesterday with jeans and a polo shirt tucked in around about 12-14 people and no one, to my knowledge, noticed anything. But I will take some advice from here and see what I can figure out. The holster is otherwise very comfortable to me.

Thanks.

CS33 I really tried not to go for the "bait" but I couldn't resist. Like the guy from A&M who wanted to attract the young ladies at the beach. His friends said to put a patato in his swin suit and strut down the beach. He followed this sage advice and later excalaimed that all that happened was they laughed at him. His friends were confused at the ladies reactions and asked for a demonstration. Oh they ecxlaimed. "The patatp goes in front!" I know, an old joke, but I still love it.

I have adjusted the cant significantly and use the Velcro clips. it works well. I blouse out my tucked in shirt a little. I place the holster at about 4:00 to 4:30 so the bulge is directly over my wallet so it hides the bulge a little.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Blouse your shirt out a little. My great surprise is that you don't conceal a gun as small as an XD .40 subcompact in a Supertuck. I've CC'd much bigger guns in one without major printing issues.

I wear an MTAC which is similar to the super tuck, I've found if you blouse the bottom of your tucked in shirt, its actually easier to conceal that with just a draped shirt.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links