Printing like crazy with new Kholster... need help.

This is a discussion on Printing like crazy with new Kholster... need help. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got a Kholster today for my M&P9c and I'm printing like crazy. Tried all kinds of positions and cants, still printing. Does it get ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Printing like crazy with new Kholster... need help.

Just got a Kholster today for my M&P9c and I'm printing like crazy. Tried all kinds of positions and cants, still printing.

Does it get better after break in? I would think not as the holster itself isn't the problem, it's the gun. Took my wife all of 10 seconds to see it through my tshirt, which is what I wear everyday to work.

I'm 5'9", 140lbs. Fairly fit.
    Any holster (short of Thunderwear) anyone could recommend for little to no printing? I'm not concerned about tuckability, it was just going to be a bonus with the Kholster.

Been trying mostly at 4 o'clock. Tried 3:00 but I don't think I'm think enough to pull it off. Any further back than 4:00 and I might as well not have it on asit would be too hard to grab quickly.
    Last edited by Shpadoinkel; March 31st, 2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Almost forgot.

Crossbreed Super Tuck, or if you want a really nice one that you can wear in about 23 different ways, IWB, OWB, several different cants, high, low, etc. try the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. If you go with the PK, tell Rocky that I said hello. He's making one for me right now.

Dave M.

Second mention for the PK Black-Ops pro.

I should note that both 3 and 4 o'clock are fairly print-able with a regular-sized-frame handgun and anything but baggy shirts.

If I'm wearing a fairly fitting button-down for instance, I tend to carry at 5 o'clock. My PK-BOP is set to a cant that works well for me in that position and it offers the most comfortable and concealable fit I've found.

My good shooting buddy is about your size and conceals a full-size Glock 21 in an OWB kydex holster at 3 o'clock, but he wears oversized t-shirts and polos.

While 5 o'clock carry isn't about to break any IDPA records, I can definitely reach it fast enough for my liking, the comfort plays a big part in that. My PK-BOP is holding a full-size 1911 with tac-rail and mag-well and I've had no problems carrying for 16 hours with the gun in that position and a double-mag pouch at 7 o'clock. I've also fallen asleep with the holster/gun on and driven for hours with the gun in that position -- no problems.
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

Administrator
    The Crossbreed or a rig by PureKustom should help.
    Also try wearing darker colored T-Shirts that are slightly more oversize. That always helps.

Pics would help

how tight are you wearing your cloths....... Need pics please.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Shpadoinkel View Post
    Does it get better after break in? I would think not as the holster itself isn't the problem, it's the gun. Took my wife all of 10 seconds to see it through my tshirt, which is what I wear everyday to work.
    - I carry a Kahr PM9 with a Crossbreed MiniTuck and my wife can also easily spot it. I don't think most people would even notice though.

That being said, I don't like using a tuckable holster at all. I hate having to blouse my shirt and dress around the gun. I usually only use Crossbreed as a normal IWB when I wear sweaters, etc. I usually always tuck my shirts in and tend to pocket carry (Kahr P380). I'm in the minority in that I dress and then carry the gun that fits my clothing rather than the other way around.

A pick or two would be helpful.

Generally a pancake style holster smooths out the line of the gun. My Double Snap would be an example. It is what I use for my M&Pc and full size for IWB needs.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

If you are as skinny as I think you are, you ought to investigate appendix carry. It works very well for slim and trim individuals.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ng View Post
    ...I've also fallen asleep with the holster/gun on and driven for hours...
    You know, you really shouldn't do that!

Regards,
    Jim

I think it has to do more with me than the holster really. This is my first holster of any type, and I've only played with it for a couple hours. I need to do more experimenting with cant and positioning.

I'm wearing jeans with an untucked tshirt (home and work). I have a 5.11 trainer belt and the Crescent Kholster. Gun fits like a glove in the holster, and the holster itself it already quite comfortable and should only get better with wear.

Problem one is bulge. Problem two is that simply walking sometimes gets my shirt pinched between the gun and the holster, making it blatantly obvious that I'm carrying, even to the most non-observant. Forget about bending over to pick something up.
    Being new to all this probably amplifies it all in my mind as well. It's probably only 1/2 as bad as I think it is.

I'll try to get some pictures up and you guys can let me know what you think.

Thanks for all of the advice. More is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    If you are as skinny as I think you are, you ought to investigate appendix carry. It works very well for slim and trim individuals.
    +1 I am 6'3" 170 LBS and I carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck about 90% of the time. I will occasionally carry in a tuckable AIWB holster. I really like the Desantis Tuck This because it is tuckable and I can carry an extra mag with it. I only carry my subcompact this way though.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Welcome to the club. I'm 5'9 140lbs, and skinny.

I can conceal a Springfield XD9sc in a kholster around 4O'Clock. It is a little hard to do but I wear it just high enough that I can get a grip on the gun. I'm also trying to get a Raven Concealment to work for an OWB option for me.

If you haven't cut away leather on the kholster yet then it is time to break out the scissors. Cutting all the excess leather helped me a TON!

This is one of the few times in life you will be upset with how skinny you are.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

The bulge is inevitable, unless you get it wrapped around the back side (4:30 ish) and even then you've just moved the bulge.

You've got some built in concealers/distractors that will help deflect attention from that area. Unless you walk like a zombie your arms are usually at your side anyways and can help to mask the bulge. Don't walk around with your strong side arm frozen in place and your weak side arm flappin in the breeze, look natural.

Most people will not notice, those that do may be concealed carriers also and hopefully have sense enough to just nod and keep quiet.

A size bigger on your t-shirt helps a lot and I've made it a habit to "check" for hang-ups when getting out of the car or a seated position. Don't draw attention, just a tug on both sides of the shirt does the trick.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

If the holster hugs the body, and has the proper cant for the firearm (10-20 degrees), then add an oversized print shirt or T-shirt, you shouldn't have any problems. Concealment has little to do with 'breaking in' a holster IMHO.

It may just not be the holster for YOU! This is where the infamous term 'holster box' comes into play.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The kholster should have no problem with printing, I'm 5'6 120lbs and wear my Glock 26 in a kholster at 4:00 and there is no printing. Also having the gun at 6 O'clock is just as easy to get to and doesn't print unless you bend over.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links