Defensive Carry banner

Belly Band

6K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  REVMAN 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with a BellyBand style "holster" -- pros/cons??

#2 ·
I used one when I first started carrying. It definitely wasn't for me. It felt like I was wearing a belt under my clothes all of the time. I'm guessing this is what a girdle must feel like. :wink:

It also was really uncomfortable when I went out to eat because I could feel the grip dig into me. I ended up going with Mexican carry for years and years with no holster. I switched to a small of back Kydex holster and now am using a Crossbreed MiniTuck.

#3 ·
They are itchy. If I use it, it must go over a light tshirt of underthing of some kind.

For small guns, they can sometimes flip out when bending over (no retention unless you can use an anatomical feature).

Magazines do not really store well in it unless I just have not yet figured out how to do that.

#6 ·
OK, for the other side....

I recently bought an Ultra Carry Soft Shoulder Holster. It's like a 4" belly band worn above the belly held by elastic straps and an elastic shoulder strap. The holster has a retention strap and it has 2 slots for mag carry. It was $32 online at DeepConceal.com.

I wear it around the house when in sweats or shorts and it is very comfortable. It conceals very well so can be worn anywhere. So for me, I like this one.

#7 ·
I have the Galco Underwraps bellyband with the leather holsters and it really isn't too bad when I wear my Kahr CW9. It will probably be sweaty and itchy on really hot days, but for use with sweat pants or gym shorts I really like it.

#9 ·
My wife has considered getting one for some time but has not followed through on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.