Holster suggestions for an XD45

This is a discussion on Holster suggestions for an XD45 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was considering an SOB holster, but after reading a few posts I'm reconsidering. Any suggestions? I want something I can conceal wearing just a ...

Thread: Holster suggestions for an XD45

Holster suggestions for an XD45

I was considering an SOB holster, but after reading a few posts I'm reconsidering. Any suggestions? I want something I can conceal wearing just a teeshirt, won't kill me sitting in a car, and won't bust my back too bad if I get tackled(though I don't anticipate it.)

While I'm on the subject, I would still consider an SOB if there is a safe way to wear it. I'm 5'11, about 220lbs so I'm big enough to conceal a decently large handgun, and the 4" XD isn't that big. Just looking for a more experienced opinion.

2. Remove Ads

i have been using a hume 715-m for the 40 service fits my 45acp service perfictly.
    The answer to "the voice in the dark", GET DOWN NOW!!(see avatar).
    The goal of an argument should not be victory, but progress.
    The chain of command? Is a 3/8" chain that I beat you with till you realize I'M IN COMMAND.

Take a look at a Max-Con V from Gary Brommeland. I am very happy with mine for a 5" 1911.

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/

As far as SOB carry please take a look at this article.
    http://www.thegunzone.com/sob_is_bad.html
    NRA Life Member

"All That Later"

Quote Originally Posted by philrab
    I'm 5'11, about 220lbs so I'm big enough to conceal a decently large handgun, and the 4" XD isn't that big. Just looking for a more experienced opinion.
    I got a Crossbreed for my XD Sub a few days ago, and can't stop raving about it. Very, very comfortable, concealable, and no need for a heavy-duty belt. If you aren't in a hurry, I can take pics with the extended mag, to duplicate the butt of a Service. (If you are in a hurry, don't bother, since the wait is about 5 weeks)

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...sc/crossbreed/

Lead Moderator
    t shirt concealment to me means IWB. Many good holster makers out there to get 1 from. I IWB a HK USP F 40 sometimes w/ a t shirt.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Brommeland

I just purchased an XD .45 ACP 4" and have since done alot of research on IWB Holsters - I have pretty much decided on the MAX-CON V from Gary Brommeland - Looks to be excellent quality and molds well. They have 2 models - the service model has less detail and is about $30 cheaper.. You should be able to pick up either one for about $100...

Distinguished Member
    I just got an XD .45 tactical a few weeks ago,and ordered a holster from K&D, will post it when it arrives!
    http://www.kdholsters.com/
    RKBA

John

+ 1 for K & D Holsters

I appreciate all the suggestions, keep'em coming

Okay, the SOB is out. Looking at strong side IWB holsters. Again, my main priority is concealability and comfort sitting down. It's starting to look like the IWB is my best bet.

Looks like we are the same build ! I'm 5-11 and 220 with a 36 inch waist. I carry a 45 XD in a highnoon IWB holster. The bare asset. I'ts very comfortable and conceals with just a t-shirt. It costs 31.50 to have it at your door. And it will be there in 3 days. It has a tension screw and holds the pistol very well. Check them out. You can't go wrong for 24 bucks for a good holster. This is no cheap made product either ! I love it and it has also been featured at the XD forum as well as many gun magazines..

Check out their web site before shelling out 100 dollars or more.

Thanks for the help

I just ordered an IWB holster, adjustable for straight drop or 'FBI' cant. I appreciate all the warning about SOB holsters, and the good advice regarding strong side IWB holsters.

I just ordered a Kramer Holster IWB#3. But due to arrive no latter than another 3 more weeks. If the IWB#3 is anything like Kramer's Thomas Perfectionist for my 92FS, then I will be very happy. Just my 2 cents.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    +1 on the Kramer, I actually find my IWB#2 more comfortable than my Sparks VMII!

Just ordered a Max-Con V from Gary for my XD 45 - the service model is $69 plus shipping (about 8 bucks). It has about a 3 week delivery time so when it arrives, I will post info and pictures.

Everyone will have a different opinion - I always go for quality over quantity - "you get what you pay for"

Have carried my XD45 in a FIST #23 fir several months now and can recommend it highly. the #23 will function either as an IWB or OWB holster (see pic) and does quite well either way.

GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Links