Sorry if this is dumb,but can you carry anything IWB???

This is a discussion on Sorry if this is dumb,but can you carry anything IWB??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So here is my dilema, and I understand many will say "dress around the carry gun", but I have to face reality for my situation. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry if this is dumb,but can you carry anything IWB???

Sorry if this is dumb,but can you carry anything IWB???

So here is my dilema, and I understand many will say "dress around the carry gun", but I have to face reality for my situation.

I live in Florida and 90% of the year wear cargo shorts and tee's or tank's when not working....so nights and weekends. Also, I need to lose a few pounds so I have the dreaded "love handles". I have never carried IWB, mostly pocket my LCP or PM9 or OWB my G26 or PPS 40.

I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck from my PPS to try IWB and I hope I like it because I would like to have more options without changing how I dress, because I realize with the Florida weather, I am not going to wear long pants or heavier shirts/vests/jackets, it is what it is.

So my question, does anyone else in a similar circumstance as myself (weather and the darned porky-ness) manage to conceal a bigger pistol IWB and do you find it workable/comfortable......or am I doomed with pocket all summer long which lasts 11 1/2 months here?

Thanks in advance!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

2. Remove Ads

I carry a g23 with a super tuck in cargo shorts and a t-shirt all summer no problem! Know one will be the wiser unless you tell them.

I dont plan on telling anyone, I am just concerned that IWB will be difficult for me with me being a bit overweight and not used to the mode....but I am looking forward to it with my PPS as I dont think there is much of a slimmer pistol out there to try it with.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I frequently carry a Commander-sized 1911 in a Summer Special out here in the desert. I've got a bit of a "muffin top" myself, so I just wear a looser t-shirt (XX instead of XL) or a dress shirt, untucked. Darker colors and patterns work better than pale colors.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I often carry my G30 in a C_TAC IWB holster, wearing shorts and a long t-shirt. Haven't had a problem yet. My PM9 is almost invisible in my FIST kydex IWB holster.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Well, I don't carry my guns on my leg, so it really doesn't matter if you are wearing long pants or shorts. The style or type of shorts you wear may make a difference in some cases but I don't see any problems with Florida weather that Missouri weather doesn't have except for the number of hot days per year.

In Missouri we are upper 90's with 75%+ humidity with occasional days over 100 so it's pretty hot and humid here in Missouri too.

I wear cargo shorts, jean shorts, Wally World cotton twill shorts with large T-shirts, polo shirts or button-up light cotton print shirts.

A majority of the time I pocket carried an XD9sc w/ 10 round mag and a 16 round spare. Often times I carried my G-23 in an IWB and to a lesser extent OWB.

This year, I'll be pocket carrying my Ruger LCP as a BUG along with the XD9sc in a Brommeland Max-Con IWB. No problem and no second looks from the
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I can tell you that I live in Las Vegas so we also dress pretty light here due the the balmy 115 deg says. I also could stand to loose a few. I carry a PPS, IWB and have no issues. I would strongly advise getting a quality gun belt. I have no problem with cargo shorts and a t-shirt.

I carry an FNP9 (same size as a Springfield XD) IWB under a T-shirt in South Carolina (hot and muggy). Does that count? The size of the gun makes little difference if you have the right holster for the gun and for your body type (I like the RMHolsters "Low Rider" for IWB).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Thanks guys, good to hear. I do have a good gun belt. I am actually looking forward to carrying IWB....I am tired of worrying about the bottom of my OWB holster showing and this should fix that. If this experiment goes well, i will be on the lookout for a quality IWB for my commander 1911.

It's all about dressing around what you CC ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    Thanks guys, good to hear. I do have a good gun belt. I am actually looking forward to carrying IWB....I am tired of worrying about the bottom of my OWB holster showing and this should fix that. If this experiment goes well, i will be on the lookout for a quality IWB for my commander 1911.
    I don't have much body fat except about a 2" pinch at the gut. I find outside the belt a bit more comfortable but inside the waste band much more concealable and the only way with dress casual. Inside the belt I can carry my Sig P250 compact but the grip prints a little when I stand up and stretch.

I carry my PPS almost all the time with extended grip magazine at 3 o'clock with absolutely no problem. You might want to try the shorter 6 rd. magazine.

Between IWB and the very slim PPS, You will be surprised at how nicely a slightly larger pistol conceals.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I am a bit heavier than I used to be, 5'10" 175 with a tiny bit of the handles, and could live the rest of my life with my g26 IWB with my supertuck clone.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I'm 5'-10" and weigh about 215 lbs. and look like about 4 months overdue. I was slim and trim until I reached 60, retired, had one hip replaced and need the other done and suffer from pretty severe osteoarthritis so aerobic exercise is pretty much out of the question. Did I mention I never met a food I didn't want to eat? I am currently carrying a Springfield EMP 1911, 9mm in a Galco, Summer Comfort IWB here in beautiful central Florida. With cargo shorts, an XL tee shirt tucked in and a dark, buttoned down, short sleeve, collared shirt in 2XL, even my wife can't tell if I'm armed. With OWB and my Taurus 617 I have to be careful how I stand and twist and turn or I print pretty much. My best conceal is my Kel-Tec P3AT in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket carry holster with extra mag in a front pocket of my cargo shorts.

I hate IWB....very uncomfortable. I prefer OWB and pocket carry....way more comfortable for me. I only carry IWB once in a blue moon, which is why I won't invest any more of my $ in IWB holsters, no matter how "comfortable" a particular mfg claims theirs is. I've tried a bunch of them and won't waste any more of my hard earned money. Don't get me wrong....IWB works in some situations. Just not the preferred mode for me.

I think you'll like the Crossbreed Super Tuck. Let us know once you get it, how it's working.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links