Fobus "Elite Concealment" paddle holster problem.

This is a discussion on Fobus "Elite Concealment" paddle holster problem. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey folks. I kindof went nuts in Gander mountain today and bought two holsters. One IWB model from South Africa, and a Fobus Elite Concealment ...

Thread: Fobus "Elite Concealment" paddle holster problem.

Hey folks. I kindof went nuts in Gander mountain today and bought two holsters. One IWB model from South Africa, and a Fobus Elite Concealment (made in Israel).

I like the fit of the fobus and it is unbelievably comfortable compared to my IWB holsters. The problem is I can't get my glock 26 out of the damned thing! The pistol snaps in with a nice reassuring click, but when I try to pull it out, it the holster is holding on for dear life. I mean that thing is on there like a fat kid on a twinkie.

Any tips anyone might have would be great. I'd hate to have to return such a nice holster, but for CCW I don't want to have to pull the paddle out, and spend 10 minutes prying the pistol out of the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Hey folks. I kindof went nuts in Gander mountain today and bought two holsters. One IWB model from South Africa, and a Fobus Elite Concealment (made in Israel).

I like the fit of the fobus and it is unbelievably comfortable compared to my IWB holsters. The problem is I can't get my glock 26 out of the damned thing! The pistol snaps in with a nice reassuring click, but when I try to pull it out, it the holster is holding on for dear life. I mean that thing is on there like a fat kid on a twinkie.

Any tips anyone might have would be great. I'd hate to have to return such a nice holster, but for CCW I don't want to have to pull the paddle out, and spend 10 minutes prying the pistol out of the holster.
    The one and only time I ever bought a Fobus, (several years ago), the thing was literally unusable. Based on my own admittedly limited Fobus experience I'd suggest you chuck the thing and get a different holster. A Blackhawk Serpa might serve your purposes.

I strongly disliked FOBUS for the very reason you mention, the draw was impossibly difficult, unless your pants were bolted on and you used a block and tackle to pull the gun free. I no longer use a FOBUS for anything. I would return it and spend your money on a decent holster from a quality maker. Check out Comp Tac. The Mtac is a great holster, they also have OWB holsters. FAR FAR better than anything from FOBUS.

If it doesn't have a set screw you can adjust tension with,the trigger guard is the area that locks the gun in,I would heat the area up and then use something flat to push up on the depression a little at a time until you achieve the right amount of tension
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    I strongly disliked FOBUS for the very reason you mention, the draw was impossibly difficult, unless your pants were bolted on and you used a block and tackle to pull the gun free. I no longer use a FOBUS for anything. I would return it and spend your money on a decent holster from a quality maker. Check out Comp Tac. The Mtac is a great holster, they also have OWB holsters. FAR FAR better than anything from FOBUS.
    Thanks for the comment. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I actually have a Comp-tac Mtac, which is great for IWB, but I still find OWB more comfortable.

All of my pants fit quite well at size 32, but with the IWB they just get a bit uncomfortable. I don't mind wearing a cover garment when I conceal, so I wanted to try an OWB. I've placed an order for a Glock Sport Combat model because I hear good things about that, but I guess I'm still looking for something that fits on my belt and keeps the glock high and tight against the body.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If it doesn't have a set screw you can adjust tension with,the trigger guard is the area that locks the gun in,I would heat the area up and then use something flat to push up on the depression a little at a time until you achieve the right amount of tension
    Thanks, I may try that. For now I'll see what else is out there. I don't want to modify the holster to where I can't return it if need be. Luckily Gander Mountain (where I bought it) has a liberal return policy.

If you want a good OWB holster for that G26, contact Rhome Desbiens. The wait time isn't that long and the product is very good. I use one for my P239 and couldn't be happier.

Desbiens Gun Leather
    Tony

I always try a holster out with one of the stores's guns before I buy. The fobus holster was literally unusable. I walked back to the rack and bought a Blackhawk CQC Serpa and I love it. I would just return the thing.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

i have 2 fobus holsters. Both are OWB style. One i love and it works awesome the other i will probably never use. THe one for my fullsize .45 is like butter. the reltention lock holds it in tight until you press the release button. After that the gun slides out fast and easy. The other one i have a hard time getting the gun out of.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

Overly tight Fobus Paddle Holster
    Instead of the fuss, send it back and try again. Read this link if I got it to work right. Good luck..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

My fault the link didn't carry over. Just search Fobus Holsters in this forum and you will get the picture..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I bought my first holster in 1977. Basically, I have tried them all at one point or another.

Recently I came across a holster maker named Dale Fricke. He makes Kydex holsters. They are the most comfortable holsters I have ever worn. So much so that I have one for each pistol, along with a magazine carrier for each. Even got a Surefire carrier.

This is what the holster looks like with my Glock 27:
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    I bought my first holster in 1977. Basically, I have tried them all at one point or another.

Recently I came across a holster maker named Dale Fricke. He makes Kydex holsters. They are the most comfortable holsters I have ever worn. So much so that I have one for each pistol, along with a magazine carrier for each. Even got a Surefire carrier.

This is what the holster looks like with my Glock 27:
    Is that a right handed OWB or a left handed IWB? How is the retention?

PS. 1977 was a good year. :) I was born in April of that year.

I love my Fobus. The first few times you use it its almost impossible to get the gun out. The holster requires a FAST and STRAIGHT upward jerk to get it out. Steady pulling pressure wont do a darn thing. It's way easier if you put the holster on properly, with a good belt. While its on you, jerk the gun hard and fast in a straight line with the holster. It'll come out. From this point, heat up the holster with a heat gun or hair dryer. Once hot, spread it open with some gentle pulling pressure. Dont go too nuts or it'll be too loose. Enjoy! Most people hate these holsters but I love mine.

Sponsored Links