Carrying while cycling?

This is a discussion on Carrying while cycling? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone here carries while riding a road bicycle? I have a Taurus millenium PT111 and want to carry while riding my ...

Thread: Carrying while cycling?

Carrying while cycling?

I was wondering if anyone here carries while riding a road bicycle? I have a Taurus millenium PT111 and want to carry while riding my bike. However I where proper road bike attire, don't laugh, spandex shorts and tight fitting jersey. I don't like the fanny pack idea, I was thinking about some type of chest rig that I can where under my jersey. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help

2. Remove Ads

well this might work for ya http://www.survivalsheath.com./main/home.htm

they make a chest holster

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by titandogg
    I was wondering if anyone here carries while riding a road bicycle? I have a Taurus millenium PT111 and want to carry while riding my bike. However I where proper road bike attire, don't laugh, spandex shorts and tight fitting jersey. I don't like the fanny pack idea, I was thinking about some type of chest rig that I can where under my jersey. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help
    I think we have had a similar thread on this before, you might try doing a search, that having been said...... I also ride Road and know the clothing "problems". Unfortunately the State of Maryland has made it so I don't have that worry.

Have you given any thought to something either frame mounted or under saddle? I know I never leave my bike, so that isn't a problem. The other immediate thought is a really small (pocket) pistol in your jersey pocket. I used to have a little Browning .25 that fit the bill very well.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I'm a competitive cyclist and Mountain Bike racer, and I worked this with myself a few years back...

I used a Belley Band, and found that a cycling jersey can be slid up over it easily...Yet, ya gotta watch all the perspiration under the jersey...Wear a cycling undermesh to soak up some of it, lest it collect ont he gun...

Seeing that chest rig, I may try that!

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    The Federal Agency I worked for had a bunch of Wildland Firefighters who carried their radios in a chest pouch/holster. I don't know who it was made by, but I always thought that it could be made as a holster/pack for a pistol for folks who are involved in activities that a normal holster would not be appropriate. You might do so digging and find out who makes them and inquire if they make holsters in the same type of rigging. Or if you know a ballistic nylon holster maker, contact them and find out if they could make that type of rig.

Bike riding is a popular sport now and with the number of CCWs, somebody sould be making a holster suitable for concealed carry while biking.

Jungle Work

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Any of the First Aid supply places should have the radio chest rig.

When I am on my road bike or MTB, I am usually wearing a jersey and shorts or tights. This leaves me no place to conceal on my body, and a belly band would stick out like a sore thumb under my lycra jerseys. My solution has been to put a handlebar bag on each bicycle, and I carry in the bag. If I am off the bike, it goes with me in a very small fanny pack.

Regards,

MillCreek
    Snohomish County, Washington USA

I know you said you don't like it, but I bike all around Philadelphia on a road bike, just for fun and I use a fanny pack. It is comfortable, I learned to draw very quickly while on my bike and I can keep other things in their like wallet, keys, etc.

It is inconspicuous because you are on a bike.

My $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by MillCreek
    When I am on my road bike or MTB, I am usually wearing a jersey and shorts or tights. This leaves me no place to conceal on my body, and a belly band would stick out like a sore thumb under my lycra jerseys. .
    If you wear a racer cut, yes...Try traditional cut

It also depends on the gun, body type, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Weeg
    If you wear a racer cut, yes...Try traditional cut

It also depends on the gun, body type, etc...
    I am racking my brain here as I take mental inventory of my Performance and Nashbar catalogs. Where might I find a jersey in this traditional cut of which you speak? I generally do buy jerseys that fit fairly close to the body to aid in sweat transfer.

Regards,

MillCreek
    Snohomish County, Washington USA

Quote Originally Posted by MillCreek
    I am racking my brain here as I take mental inventory of my Performance and Nashbar catalogs. Where might I find a jersey in this traditional cut of which you speak? I generally do buy jerseys that fit fairly close to the body to aid in sweat transfer.

Often times ya gotta ask...

I have many jerzees in both traditional and racer (euro) cut...

I cant think of much for the Taurus but I know that the keltec p32 and p3at have a neck lanyard available to wear them under a shirt. The guns are pretty cheap used so you could go with a different setup for biking and everyday carry. Biking is about the only time I dont carry, I wear a neck knife instead. Cold steel makes one called the spike, thats what I use. Really rigid for its size.

Links