Summer carry holster

Summer carry holster

This is a discussion on Summer carry holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys I have a Ruger SR9c I just got a few months ago. I love the gun. I got a Cross Breed ST holster ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer carry holster

Summer carry holster

Ok guys I have a Ruger SR9c I just got a few months ago. I love the gun. I got a Cross Breed ST holster for it..Its a ok holster and as many say comfortable but its a bit on the big/bulkier side for me to want to carry for Summer carry. It seems good for Spring,fall,winter carry when I can wear something more than shorts and T-shirt but its big enough that I cant even get into the other CC jeans/shorts(cargo type) that I can with my other CC holsters they just make the jeans/shorts too tight because the holster takes up more room than the others do...

so what I want to get is a Kydex(smaller footprint more concealable/will fit in all the pants shorts I have) holster for Summer CC. I had a RM Lowrider that was the best holster id owned when I had my Glock 23..but they dont seemingly as of yet have the SR9 mold..so any other alternative Kydex IWB holsters you know of..the only other IWB Kydex I know of is the Infidel... so any others for the SR9 or SR9c would be helpfull.

CMR
    Try either FIST holsters or Blade Tech.
    BT has some new IWB holster on their website...FYI.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Well, the Milt Sparks Summer Special has a nice name but....I would also lean towards FIST or something of a thinner design with a not so bulky attachment method (steel clip)

I use a Versa Max and carry a Hi Power even in the summer here in GA and have not had much of a problem. I am in the minority though.

I checked but neither seemed to have the SR9(or compact) as a model they made unless I missed it) I may just end up trying out a less expensive leather one for Summer carry if I cant get a decent Kydex.

May try BladeTech as well. I like their kydex offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by earlthegoat2 View Post
    Well, the Milt Sparks Summer Special has a nice name but....I would also lean towards FIST or something of a thinner design with a not so bulky attachment method (steel clip)
    I bought the Galco knockoff for my P228, but I found it works better for my Glock 23. That's my summer carry lately.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Saw one of these and really like it. Would like to see one with large clip instead of belt loop. Price seems a little high compared to others. May buy one anyway.
    Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster :: Inside Waist Band :: Holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

I usually pocket carry a LCP or PM9 but am waiting for a CrossBreed for my PPS
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    I usually pocket carry a LCP or PM9 but am waiting for a CrossBreed for my PPS
    yup thats what I got a crossbreed...I dont think its gonna work for summer CC and Ive found it too big and bulky for a lot of my shorts and some of the jeans that I can CC with a Kydex or "regular size" leather holster with easily...for example...it was cooler today and I wore jeans again..the jeans I have on I cant barely get done up with the Crossbreed on...but they are perfect with a regular size leather holster and were perfect with the Glock 23 and the Kydex holster...

Distinguished Member
    For my j frame I use a Comp-Tac Shirt Tucker in warm weather
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    For my j frame I use a Comp-Tac Shirt Tucker in warm weather
    yup im looking into that one...I guess for me it would be the infidel...I was just trying to save me that $10 :) since they do this..the holster costs this...BUT it does not come with the clip or loops you need to buy those separate for $10 more lol... so they are near the top of the list still because they are the ONLY ones ive seen that actually make one for the SR9....on another gun board a guy said that a place made one for his friends SR9 that was more like $50 than $65+ and looks decent to boot..but if that falls through i will probably just get the comptac.

As a follow up to my earlier post.....I buy the Savane brand cargo shorts at Sam's Club....they are the only shorts, rather cargo shorts that the pocket material is the same as the rest of the shorts....not thin linen like most shorts...AND the main pocket runs the entire length of the short....it goes deep and behind the smaller and lower cargo pocket....so it is deep enough and strong enough to carry my PM9 or my PPS without the handle poking up and out of the pocket......they work the best for me for pocket carry....and if I recall...they are $15-ish per pair.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

As a follow up to my earlier post.....I buy the Savane brand cargo shorts at Sam's Club....they are the only shorts, rather cargo shorts that the pocket material is the same as the rest of the shorts....not thin linen like most shorts...AND the main pocket runs the entire length of the short....it goes deep and behind the smaller and lower cargo pocket....so it is deep enough and strong enough to carry my PM9 or my PPS without the handle poking up and out of the pocket......they work the best for me for pocket carry....and if I recall...they are $15-ish per pair.

I tried pocket carry with my Taurus CH85 and was not a big fan of it...ive even thought of one of those smart carry type things lol...But that said I am going to sams today so I will look for those shorts anyways :)

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    I tried pocket carry with my Taurus CH85 and was not a big fan of it...ive even thought of one of those smart carry type things lol...But that said I am going to sams today so I will look for those shorts anyways :)
    I too dont like pocket carrying a revolver, I have a 642, rather the wife does and the cylinders make it just too uncomfortable for me....BUT my LCP, PPS or PM9 can easily be carried...the PPS is a tad big, but the pm9 in my FIST kydex or my LCP in a Uncle Mikes nylon holster is way easy.

I too dont like pocket carrying a revolver, I have a 642, rather the wife does and the cylinders make it just too uncomfortable for me....BUT my LCP, PPS or PM9 can easily be carried...the PPS is a tad big, but the pm9 in my FIST kydex or my LCP in a Uncle Mikes nylon holster is way easy.
    I think mine would be more like trying to carry a Glock 19 with a Glock 26 size grip..the barrel is longer than a true SC and the grip is smaller..its narrower than a Glock but at least as heavy as a Glock 19 also. for me it wasnt size so much as the constant rubbing bumping of something as heavy/big as a Pistol against my leg all day :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links