Issue with a Don Hume IWB Holster.

This is a discussion on Issue with a Don Hume IWB Holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was wondering if anyone might have any quick fix advice. They are supposed to be sending me a return label, but that was Wedsday and ...

Thread: Issue with a Don Hume IWB Holster.

Issue with a Don Hume IWB Holster.

Was wondering if anyone might have any quick fix advice. They are supposed to be sending me a return label, but that was Wedsday and I haven't recieved anything yet.
    Anyways, the issue is that I have a Taurus PT 111 Mellenium Pro. It has a manual safety. The Don Hume IWB holster I purchased has a retention band (something I wanted). However when I snap the retention band shut, it deactivates the manual safety. I cannot find any workaround. To me it seems either the retention band is to tight, or that the buttons to clip it shut were placed poorly and put pressure on the manual safety.
    This is a personal preference. I don't like having one in the chamber without a manual safety. I know that many of you will disagree with that choice, but it's what helps me to carry every time and feel safe doing so.
    Any advice or just wait for the label?

2. Remove Ads

Well you could try to modify it but chances are you'd lose any return options. Myself I would wait and send it back, did they send you the wrong model holster? Or is it just a design flaw in their rig? Just wondering if they are swapping it with one that is correct or if you're just returning it?

Either way I'm pretty familiar with the gun and the traditional safety since I've got a PT145 that I carry from time to time. It is in the same location as say a 1911 but it's a little easier to take off safety in most cases so I would tend to think it's just a bit of a design flaw that they placed the snap right on top of the safety rather than one way or the other.

Good luck and like I said, I would either return it or swap it rather than try to mod it. Not to say it's not doable but when you buy a holster I'm of the opinion that it should work out of the box rather than needing work right away. Second hand holsters are another deal;)

Take care!

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Unless you want to keep the holster, wait for the label and send it back. Once you make a change in the holster it's possible they will not take it back. I just sent an extended magazine back to Springfield Armory by FedEx and they emailed the label to me, I printed it, put the mag in a box and dropped it in a FedEx mail box. Ask them if you can ship it back by FedEx.

Links