High Noon bare asset

This is a discussion on High Noon bare asset within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It looks like I will be in the minority here but...um this thing is worth nowhere near $30! I bought one used (appeared new) for ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Noon bare asset

It looks like I will be in the minority here but...um this thing is worth nowhere near $30! I bought one used (appeared new) for my M&P for $15 and after seeing it in person would never ever pay more then that for it.

They look much better in pictures then they really are. They are just a very thin leather versions of the Uncle Mike's IWB cloth pouch holsters. I've had both and would pay the $10 for an Uncle Mike's again but no way would I pay $30 for the High Noon.

A huge step up in materials and overall quality would be a DeSantis or Don Hume! For only a couple dollars more the difference is night and day!

2. Remove Ads

High Noon holsters are great! My wife has a Bare Asset for her G26 and that's all she uses. I have a Hidden Ally for my G27.

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I have been disappointed 3X by High Noon holsters so I am not a fan.

If I wanted an inexpensive but decent leather holster I would go Don Hume available direct or Gunners Alley or Top Gun Supply.
    Three times to many for us. In an effort to improve High Noon, could you tell us what you bought and why you were dissatisfied. Please be specific as you can. Sometimes, the best ideas come from dissatisfied customers.

Take Care
    Alex
    Last edited by High Noon; April 14th, 2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: forgot to sign name

Quote Originally Posted by Romans623 View Post
    I had a Split Decision from High Noon which is like the Bare Asset except tuckable. I did not like it. It was very uncomfortable and would cause pain. I think the reason I did not like the holster is due to its one clip design.
    The perfect holster does not exist, most times it’s not the holster that uncomfortable, it’s the chunk of metal/polymer that you are trying to carry that’s the problem. Don’t believe us? Just wear the holster with no gun in it, most will have no problem. Now put the gun in there and it’s a different story. What needs to happen is you need to give your body a chance adapt. It could also be the position you had it in, sometimes changing the position by a few inches helps.

This FAQ may help you out. Questions

Take Care
    Alex
    Last edited by High Noon; April 14th, 2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: forgot to sign name

As a matter of fact, I am just waiting on a reply from High Noon in order to purchase another of their holsters!

- Cam
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I think some people have unrealistic expectations of holster comfort due to all the reviews....a guy gets a new rig...says he loves the way it looks...says it disappears under a t-shirt..then goes on to say it's so comfortable he can't feel it....I guess that may be true for the 5 minutes it takes to stand in front of your bathroom mirror as you take a picture for the rest of us to see...but in the real world, carrying 8-12 hours a day, you will feel the gun...especially IWB...no matter what kind of holster you use...:)

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    The perfect holster does not exist, most times itís not the holster that uncomfortable, itís the chunk of metal/polymer that you are trying to carry thatís the problem. Donít believe us? Just wear the holster with no gun in it, most will have no problem. Now put the gun in there and itís a different story. What needs to happen is you need to give your body a chance adapt. It could also be the position you had it in, sometimes changing the position by a few inches helps.

This FAQ may help you out. Questions
    I tried several positions with the holster and none were comfortable. I carried a Firestorm 380 with the Split Decision. After selling that combo I purchased a full size 1911 with a Supertuck and had no problems.

I would not buy a single clip point holster again. Regardless of the company I do not think it is a right choice for me YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    I think some people have unrealistic expectations of holster comfort due to all the reviews....a guy gets a new rig...says he loves the way it looks...says it disappears under a t-shirt..then goes on to say it's so comfortable he can't feel it....I guess that may be true for the 5 minutes it takes to stand in front of your bathroom mirror as you take a picture for the rest of us to see...but in the real world, carrying 8-12 hours a day, you will feel the gun...especially IWB...no matter what kind of holster you use...:)
    +1
    Especially if it is a heavier type of gun like a 1911 or full size polymer.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

We are glad you found something that worked for you. You did change from a super thin holster to a thick holster. The much thicker leather combined with the sweat shield will give you a nice buffer from the gun. Kind of acts like a pillow between you and the gun. We sell many styles with those features. Unfortunately, the Split Decision is so thin, you get very little buffer, but that was not the design intention of that holster. Hopefully you used our 30 day policy Guarantee

Take Care
    Alex

Sometimes it takes the nerves in your body to adapt to a foreign objects pressure,I have a spinal cord injury and at one time my nerves were ultra sensitive,if you touched me in some places It felt like a jolt of electricity,sometimes wearing a holster for short periods and then increasing length of time will get your body use to it.As far as price goes,with materials,labor,overhead it's one of the less expensive carry options,I got a bare asset for my P11
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Just placed my order for another Down Under, in Horsehide this time to try it out seeing as how Summer is coming up....

- Cam
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Alex do these holsters remain open with the gun withdrawn, or do they collapse?

The leather is to thin to support, one handed reholstering. So yes they do collapse.

We find ourselves reaching for these holsters allot. Depending on what you are wearing for the day (dress clothes are a killer), some clothes are just cut tight or maybe we have put on a few pounds. Throw in the weather factor and the days activities, there are times when they are the smartest choice. Everyone should have one of these in their holster wardrobe. Its gets the job done in a simple way.

For those who are not familiar with these in our line here they are.

Bare Asset
    Mr Softy
    Split Decision
    Hidden Ally

Take Care
    Alex

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    We find ourselves reaching for these holsters allot.
    Take Care
    Alex
    Same here..I have lots of high end leather from Alessi, Delfatti and Lobo, but often, this simple clip-on is best for a quick grab and go...and although it is a single contact point rig, if you wear a decent belt, the holster will stay put in your pants...a good belt is key to any holster working well....

hey everybody, Since the leather is very thin and soft, should i be worried about an accidental discharge?

They are not that thin :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links