High Noon bare asset

This is a discussion on High Noon bare asset within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had been looking at kydex but a guy on another board recommended this holster...id not seen it B4 anyone use it..and yes they actually ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Noon bare asset

High Noon bare asset

I had been looking at kydex but a guy on another board recommended this holster...id not seen it B4 anyone use it..and yes they actually make it for the Ruger SR9c so its high on my list...the only thing I dont like is no sweat guard...but I can either live without it or possibly adapt one??...

2. Remove Ads

I've been eyeing this as well, but with no sweat guard, might have to wear an undershirt
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I've been eyeing this as well, but with no sweat guard, might have to wear an undershirt
    yeah...the more I think on that I think I may just get the Kydex..I really like/wanted the sweat shield for summer weather...

I have one for my j frame and my taurus revolvers. I like the fact that it is light weight and it works just fine. I have never seen the need for a sweat guard, even when I lived in FL.

I have one for a G26 and a G30. They work great, my only complaint being that I wish the gun sat about 1/4" or so lower in my waistband. I could probably contact them for a new belt clip that would do that.

Keep in mind, they make the holsters TIGHT so when the leather stretches out it's the exact size of your gun. I had to take my G26 and put it in the holster designed for the G30 and use it to stretch it out just so the G30 would fit at all. They included stretching instructions with the holster so no big deal.

Have had both of mine for about 6 months so I haven't had a chance to see how they'll hold up in the AZ summers yet.
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    I have one and use it almost daily. It is a very simple, yet useful holster. It is one of High Noon's least expensive holsters, it is well made and has been holding up well to the abuse I've given it over the past 2 years or so.

Although I'd have a little reservation about using the holster with a larger gun, I think your SR9c will do just fine with that holster. High Noon also does a good job in the customer service department, they do stand behind their products.
    Order it up, you'll be happy with it.
    Last edited by SIXTO; April 12th, 2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: glaring grammer error
    "Just blame Sixto"

Does this model remain open for reholstering when the gun is withdrawn?

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzette View Post
    I have it for a Taurus 24/7 and to answer you question.....no. The holster tends to collapse after you draw, takes both hands to reholster. That's the only downside. Great value for $30 though.

Great holsters I use one almost everyday. I have one for all of my Glocks, Ruger LCP, Rohrbaugh, and 1911's. Great value for under $30.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I have one for my Sp101 and my P2000...very comfortable...and the clip is really strong. I'm glad it doesn't have a reinforced mouth...I'd rather have it thin as possible...if I want to practice draws, I have other holsters I can practice with....I usually wear it IWB but sometimes for added comfort I wear it BPB...:)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzette View Post
    The "mouth" is not reinforced, but one handed holstering is pretty easy. It just takes a little technique, I got it down in a few minutes. Remember, this is a minimalist type of holster and it fills that role very well. It is designed to be thin, light and low cost yet retain a good value for the end user.
    "Just blame Sixto"

thanks for the info and the pics...I love to see how a gun sits in a holster compared to waitsline. I HATE with a passion those highride holsters that are all up in your ribcage/armpit...some people like them because they offer "better grip" on the draw..im more worried about a bit better concealment with just enough of the grip to get a good handle of not something up in my armpit :) and that pic looks just about perfect....

well guess I got a decision now because FIST was the ONLY one out of 4 companies I emailed last week that actually bothered to return my email..and they said they could make any of their holsters in leather ot Kydex of my SR9c...

so FIST or Bare Asset by high noon Hmmmm.....

Administrator
    I'd give them a call; Email being what it is, its tough to wade through the junk to get to the legit customers, especially with a small business.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Bennett...here's a pic IWB....I find it sits low enough...too low and you can't get a good firing grip....:)

ty for the pic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links