Need Iwb For 229. Soon!

Need Iwb For 229. Soon!

This is a discussion on Need Iwb For 229. Soon! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wife wants to get me an iwb holster for my sig 229 for father's day, cool! I need some options for a "nice" one, thing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Iwb For 229. Soon!

Need Iwb For 229. Soon!

Wife wants to get me an iwb holster for my sig 229 for father's day, cool!

I need some options for a "nice" one, thing is I will be leaving town first week in July for a short job so, I want one that I won't have to wait 6 weeks or more for.

Comfort is a priority, tuckability is not. What would you recommend.

Budget max is $80. .. before shipping. Would love a maxconv, but think the wait might be too long.

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit to remove all caps (shouting!! ) and space out into paras! - Chris

Shop around for a Galco Royal Guard. I have one that I use to carry my 229R DAK when I'm off duty. I find it to be very comfortable and a very sturdy holster.
    Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
    The Reaper-3 Sep 04

Loose the Caps its considered yelling and makes posts very hard to read

Desantis can probley have ya a holster in 2days -2weeks

I would recommend K&D cochise defender for your p229, but with your time limit, you will probably end up with a rig that fits multiple gun versions and really does not give the "custom fit"

PM Sent

thanks. sorry about the caps.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Check out Mitch Rosens Express Line. They keep them in stock and prices run from $85 to $75!! Good products! Gunners Alley, Brownells and Dillon Precision stock them.

Try Andrews Custom Leather. He probably has a McDaniel II in stock for that pistol. Price point is right and it's a great IWB with fully adjustable rake.

Eric

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NFEDERIC
    WIFE WANTS TO GET ME AN IWB HOLSTER FOR MY SIG 229 FOR FATHER'S DAY, COOL! I NEED SOME OPTIONS FOR A "NICE" ONE, THING IS I WILL BE LEAVING TOWN FIRST WEEK IN JULY FOR A SHORT JOB SO, I WANT ONE THAT I WON'T HAVE TO WAIT 6 WEEKS OR MORE FOR. COMFORT IS A PRIORITY, TUCKABILITY IS NOT. WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND. BUDGET MAX IS $80. BEFORE SHIPPING. WOULD LOVE A MAXCONV, BUT THINK THE WAIT MIGHT BE TOO LONG.
    THANKS.
    Actually Gary has the MaxCon V Service Grade with a two week wait. Check out the thread here:

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=9430
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Give Gary B. a call and see if he can set you up with a Service Grade MCV, easily the best money I've ever spent on gun leather PERIOD! Heck, buy a cheap holster to get you through if ya' gotta' but keep that MCV as an option. Yes, they're just THAT good!
    Jack

I agree with the Andrews McDaniel II. Sam is an old friend of mine. He's kinda pricey though. If time is crucial that rules out a Blade Tech IWB which for me is about the most comfortable IWB there is. My next choice would be a Milt Sparks.

How do you like your P229? That is quite possibly my next purchase this summer. I want mine in the SAS with the DAK trigger.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Thanks for all the great options! I didn't realize the service grades by Gary had a shorter wait time, I'll be giving him a call this upcoming week to see what his availability is on a couple of my pistols.

The SAS is the one with the melt and dehorn job, right? Presonally, if I were going to get a Sig it'd be the 229 (unless I could find an affordable Sig 1911 or a 220 SA).
    Jack

Correct. The SAS also costs quite a bit more than a standard Sig. But, if I had the money I would want one. Just saw the new 220 Carry at my local gun shop. Now thats a nice Sig! Commander sized frame looks really good.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I carry mine in a Wild Bills No Such Agency. It is the most comfortable, hideable piece of leather I own. But they are made to order. Only 60 bucks for real comfort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links