Ok Kydex holsters FIST VS Alabama Holster Co

This is a discussion on Ok Kydex holsters FIST VS Alabama Holster Co within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got back favorable emails from both these companies and they both say that they can make a kydex IWB holster for summer carry for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok Kydex holsters FIST VS Alabama Holster Co

Ok Kydex holsters FIST VS Alabama Holster Co

I got back favorable emails from both these companies and they both say that they can make a kydex IWB holster for summer carry for me for my SR9c. so which one and why. The only Kydex ive had has been a AWESOME RM Lowrider...if he made them for this gun id already have it and be loving it like I did the one I had for the Glock 23...but they dont make it but these 2 do...so pros..Cons of either good luck..bad luck from either???

it would be the Clipper from Alabama holster Co in FBI cant

http://alabamaholster.com/index.php?p=2_27

or a FIST Kydex interchangable

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K6.htm

one thing I cant tell is do either of these have the sweat shield or are they available on them...I didnt see where it said nor did I see a back of the holster picture to see if it had it. The clipper from the bottom picture appears to have one...

Oh and from FIST do you recommend the regular or thin Kydex??
    Last edited by C Bennett; April 13th, 2010 at 07:30 PM.

2. Remove Ads

First of all, I have a ton of Fist holsters.
    I've had my share of kydex holsters, but kydex will not last many years of use like leather. Neither is kydex as comfortable as leather.OMO
    I actually wore out a kydex pocket holster and was surprised that I was able to do so. I was fooled into thinking that the kydex being so thin, was better than leather a pocket holster. My second Fist pocket holster was in leather...slightly thicker, but more comfortable and it will last a long, long time.
    Kydex has its place, but certainly takes a back seat to leather, espceially when in a pocket, or IWB.OMOYOMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    First of all, I have a ton of Fist holsters.
    I've had my share of kydex holsters, but kydex will not last many years of use like leather. Neither is kydex as comfortable as leather.OMO
    I actually wore out a kydex pocket holster and was surprised that I was able to do so. I was fooled into thinking that the kydex being so thin, was better than leather a pocket holster. My second Fist pocket holster was in leather...slightly thicker, but more comfortable and it will last a long, long time.
    Kydex has its place, but certainly takes a back seat to leather, espceially when in a pocket, or IWB.OMOYOMV
    I had my Glock 23 in a Kydex for 3 years in the RM Lowrider and it looked brand new when I sold it...and it was more comfortable than my Crossbreed ST..or at least as comfortable. I just want something that will be good for summer carry and has the sweat guard(i just personaly like them) Plus it will just be say a late April-Sept holster not a year round deal I will use the Crossbreed when I can hide it under heavier shirts...I just dont think the CB conceals very well...I can EASILY see its bulk with just a T shirt over it compared to my old RM Lowrider or the Snubby 38 in leather..I can just see there is bulk where the gun is when the CBST is on I would not say look a gun but its a bulkiness in that area...that disapears with the smaller holster...the CBST is comfortable but NOT (IMO) as concealable with a smaller leather or kydex.

I checked out the link given by the OP. I would not feel comfortable carrying my weapon at the 12:15 position! I'd have to move that one way or the other a couple of hours!

I like leather, I like good leather! Take a look at the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro.

Those holsters are ok, but they look like they're both going to be pivoting and shifting around do to only one attachment to the belt in the center. If you're loking for a Kydex IWB with a sweatguard, check out the Ultra Concealment Rig. Welcome to TSC Holsters I own one for my Glock 27. The draw is incredibly fast, it is comfortable and extremely concealable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I checked out the link given by the OP. I would not feel comfortable carrying my weapon at the 12:15 position! I'd have to move that one way or the other a couple of hours!

I like leather, I like good leather! Take a look at the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro.
    not wanting to spend that much and not willing to wait that long for it..that will be for a gun someday down the line :). I need this for this summer and at the $50 give or take mark.

oh and I carry between 330-430.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon11 View Post
    Those holsters are ok, but they look like they're both going to be pivoting and shifting around do to only one attachment to the belt in the center. If you're loking for a Kydex IWB with a sweatguard, check out the Ultra Concealment Rig. Welcome to TSC Holsters I own one for my Glock 27. The draw is incredibly fast, it is comfortable and extremely concealable.
    does not look like the SR9/SR9c is a available gun..at least not on the list of ones they make it for..

This is the IWB one I had it also only had 1 attaching point and never moved around and was the most comfortable holster ive ever owned.

RM Holster Works

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    not wanting to spend that much and not willing to wait that long for it..that will be for a gun someday down the line :). I need this for this summer and at the $50 give or take mark.

oh and I carry between 330-430.
    Ok, glad that you don't carry as in the link!

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Ok, glad that you don't carry as in the link!

Dave M.
    yeah, not a big appendix carry fan lol...just was never comfortable for me.

just as a FYI FIST charges you (or they did me) when I placed my order, 5 weeks later I got my holster. I'm not too keen when someone keeps my money without delivering a product.

When I did get my K5 holster it was far too tight for my PM9, I needed 2 hands to pull the gun out. I took a hair dryer to the holster and loosened it up. the one for my 642 was perfect though

Quote Originally Posted by tennvol View Post
    just as a FYI FIST charges you (or they did me) when I placed my order, 5 weeks later I got my holster. I'm not too keen when someone keeps my money without delivering a product.

When I did get my K5 holster it was far too tight for my PM9, I needed 2 hands to pull the gun out. I took a hair dryer to the holster and loosened it up. the one for my 642 was perfect though
    ty for the info.

I'd love to report on Alabama Holster but after 10 weeks of waiting, my order was cancelled. Keep in mind, the only option to pay for their holsters is PayPal - you have to pay immediately and the ONLY response you'll get is acknowledgment from PayPal. How did my order get cancelled?

I waited until the 8th week before calling Greg. He told me he was running at 9 weeks. I emailed him at 9 weeks and he told me 10 weeks. I sent this EXACT email to him on Thursday, March 15th: "Tomorrow will be the 10 week mark on this order. Are you close enough to my order to give me a firm date on when it'll be finished?"

Here's his exact response: "I believe your math is incorrect. You ordered on January 6th.
    I do not rush my work just to get something out the door. I think it is best of we simply part company at this time.

Sorry we could not do business. "

Yep. After 10 weeks of waiting and telling me three times basically that "it'll be next week", I was "rushing" him.

As I said on his Facebook page (entry has been deleted - I did nothing but state the facts), I can understand a website not being accurate, I can understand Greg is a one man shop and stuff happens. I WANT to buy from small companies, but I DEMAND honesty. Once I call and ask for the status of my order I expect to be told the truth - not obfuscation.

Not to muddy the waters further, but have looked at Comp-Tac? I have a couple of their holsters and mag holders, and it looks like their Infidel is available for the SR9c:
    Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - The Infidel Holster

Fast shipping, decent price and good quality kydex...

I used to have a FIST K3 for my old Taurus PT140. I loved it. It was comfortable for all day wear. However, I like the looks of the Alabama holster. I like the body shield. I may get one for my Glock 27.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links