How the heck do you carry a spare mag?

This is a discussion on How the heck do you carry a spare mag? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you wear tight pants, maybe the back pocket. Looser pants, use the front pocket with something like a Desantis Mag-Packer. If pockets are not ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How the heck do you carry a spare mag?

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    If you wear tight pants, maybe the back pocket. Looser pants, use the front pocket with something like a Desantis Mag-Packer. If pockets are not an option, try belt carry with something other a mag pouch: cell phone holster, knife or Leatherman pouch. For your gun, I imagine a small cell phone holster would work well for that extra mag.

Your idea of adding a pouch inside the waistline sounds good. In fact, if you start with some sort of pocket mag holder (like the Desantis, or an even thinner leather based one) you may be able to find a way to attach it to multiple pairs of pants IWB so you aren't modifying all your pants.
    What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say? Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post

The horizontal belt pouch might work sob.

I havent read the whole thread yet, but I looked at some cute, small, generic packs that go on a belt, little belt packs. You could wear it at 8 or 9 o'clock. I even saw one that I really liked, very generic, that was for your gun and a mag...and had quick tabs so you could rip the front down and open it.

Select Carry Pistol Pouch | Bags / Backpacks | 5.11 Tactical

Otherwise, as I said, I've seen many small beltpacks for cellphones, small cameras, etc that would easily work for a mag.

Good luck.
    Last edited by 9MMare; May 26th, 2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: edit: wrong carry orientation
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I use a cheap nylon pepper spray holster OWB on my carry belt. It works great. They are the perfect size for knives, flashlights and spare mags.

Where's the pictures of Limatune's rig? She carries a 1911 with spare mag. I can't for the life of me find anything. Maybe in the picture thread somewhere buried.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Where's the pictures of Limatune's rig? She carries a 1911 with spare mag. I can't for the life of me find anything. Maybe in the picture thread somewhere buried.
    Here you go - http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ncealed-2.html
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I bought a rear pocket mag holder from Rocky a Moderator here. It's for a officer mag like yours and works great.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

friesepferd, checkout some old posts by limatunes (or PM her). She's got pics of a holster that also has a spare mag pouch. Might work for you...

From the pics she's posted, looks like she's skinny, and also carries a 1911.
    If handguns cause crime, mine are deffective - Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    That's it...it's an interesting setup and with practice it should work really well. Actually if one were to only carry a single magazine that would likely conceal better than a mag pouch on the weak side. Problem being (depending on individuality of course) it might be a bit too much weight off to one side of the belt.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links