comfortable carry of compact 1911...

This is a discussion on comfortable carry of compact 1911... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently started carrying my Kimber Ultra CDP II, and have yet to find a holster that makes for good concealment or comfortability. Just to ...

I recently started carrying my Kimber Ultra CDP II, and have yet to find a holster that makes for good concealment or comfortability. Just to get started I got an Uncle Mikes iwb but it has no cant on it. If it were like fbi cant it would be fine. I have an owb thats more comfortable to obviously not so concealable.
    The other day I just tucked it in my pants on the side, it was perfectly comfortable and no one knew I was carrying unlike with the uncle mikes which made it look like I had a 40" waist (im a 31")

My question is what the most like carrying with no holster, but having some sort of securing.
    I dont want to risk it falling out or down my pants. Though it never even moved on me.
    Any ideas?

milt sparks summer special2 or crossbreed supertuck

Quote Originally Posted by nbock951 View Post
    I recently started carrying my Kimber Ultra CDP II, and have yet to find a holster that makes for good concealment or comfortability. Just to get started I got an Uncle Mikes iwb but it has no cant on it. If it were like fbi cant it would be fine. I have an owb thats more comfortable to obviously not so concealable.
    The other day I just tucked it in my pants on the side, it was perfectly comfortable and no one knew I was carrying unlike with the uncle mikes which made it look like I had a 40" waist (im a 31")

My question is what the most like carrying with no holster, but having some sort of securing.
    I dont want to risk it falling out or down my pants. Though it never even moved on me.
    Any ideas?
    Bad Idea,think Plaxico Burress,I've had the manual safety get bumped off on my 1911 sometimes,then you are only a grip safty and something hitting the trigger maybe even your finger grabbing for the gun and Kaboom
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by nbock951 View Post

Any ideas?
    MTAC...........nuff said

My vote is for a High Noon Bare Asset
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Clipdraw would work. Being as skinny as you are, you ought to consider appendix carry. More and more holster makers are making appendix specific holsters. Mine is a Dale Fricke. Good luck.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I carry all my 1911's in a Comp-tac Minotaur- Ultra, Elite, as well as my Series 70 Colt.

Contact Ross Leather or get Galco Summer Comfort.
    Last edited by tawcat; April 16th, 2010 at 03:52 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Your issue is basically that you took an expensive gun and put it in a cheap holster. You need a quality holster, not an Uncle Mike's "fits all compact autos" holster.

Milt Sparks, Alessi, Don Hume, Galco, DeSantis, Side Guard, Crossbreed, and others make plenty of good holsters for that gun. If you want one quick and relatively cheap, Eric at Side Guard or Galco or Desantis are the best bet, IMHO.

Links