IWB holster for Ruger SR9c

This is a discussion on IWB holster for Ruger SR9c within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've heard nothing but great things on supertuck, but seems a tad large for me. Any others that work well? Under $100? Thanks! Oh I'd ...

Thread: IWB holster for Ruger SR9c

I've heard nothing but great things on supertuck, but seems a tad large for me. Any others that work well? Under $100?

Thanks!

Oh I'd prefer a holster MADE for the sr9c, unless it fits nice and snug well into another (heard it fits into glock 27 holsters well?)

Mtac does not make one.

On to the next...

ntg
    Kholster...Kholster

I was going to order one until a sweet deal came up on a CBST blem from Craig's website. I wouldn't hesitate to order. I've heard tons of good about them and STs. They are more adjustable than the ST and you can trim the leather down once you find the 'sweet spot' that you like.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

there are quite a few under 100 decent holsters..please forgive and butchery of the spelling of peoples names but im not gonna go look up the exact spelling :) . I did this search about 3 months ago. I got the CBST its worth the $$ but I honestly cant rave about it like some do..its just too bulky for me and does not conceal as well(although it IS comfortable) as some of the smaller footprint holsters do in Kydex or leather.

I emailed and called some guys and the ones that I found made a holster for the SR9c were the following:

DM Bullard leather
    Rusty Sherrick
    side guard holsters
    high noon holsters
    Kirkpatrick leather(i think)

what I did was looked at the holster maker compilation they have at the top of this page then go to their sites and look at their holster lists...Those were the ones I could remember there are like at LEAST 10 more that make a good CC holster for under 100 for the SR9c.

Thanks!

Yeah I think I'm leaning away from the CBST due to size. I'm not that big.

Miller, I got an email saying my Kholster should ship on Monday. If you can hold off a week, I'll tell you what I think of mine. FYI I am 5'9 168# so I'm not a huge guy either.

picked up a don hume (sp) holster for the xd sub-compact today, fits the sr9c PERFECT.... I prefer to carry mid-back so this holster works beautifully, and only $20.

I'll keep my eye out on more holsters as they are released.

I got an email from Comp-Tac today that says they're now making a paddle holster for the SR9c. I'm sure they'll be doing IWB models soon.

I can make any of my holsters for the SR9c or SR9 full size.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I just got my Kholster in the mail today...

HOLY CRAP it is so much more comfortable than the cheapo Uncle Mike's IWB holster, even after only 5 minutes of wear and no adjustments. It really isn't even comparable. I was looking around at the GT Distributors showroom here in Austin (wow, like a big toy store for people with guns!!!) and tried on a Fobus paddle holster... it was a lot more comfortable but it printed a whole heck of a lot more with the athletic dri-fit t-shirts that I like to wear. An OWB paddle holster might still be a nice option for the colder months when I am usually wearing a hoodie or a jacket.

I am considering not doing a combat cut and leaving the leather between the grip and my skin, as it is a lot more comfortable. It doesn't seem to impede my draw grip that much, but if it is a lot more comfortable, I'll be more likely to wear it more in the first place.

Stupid question on the paddle holsters - is the paddle supposed to go inside your waistband, or just over the belt?

Quote Originally Posted by HuttoAg96 View Post
    Stupid question on the paddle holsters - is the paddle supposed to go inside your waistband, or just over the belt?
    inside your waistband. i find paddle holsters are fine for OC, but they are very thick by design and I can not conceal them for the life of me.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

I cannot conceal a paddle holster either, hangs out too far. I have decided to "mod" my Supertuck for my M&P9c. I've got it dialed as well as I can so I'm going to start hacking leather. It is very large when your hip is very small. Great holster though, but I think I can get the same performance without all the extra leather. I'll post some pics when I finish.
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    Ruger LCP with CT laser grip
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    Ol' .22LR

I posted this in another thread of mine, but thought I'd update this as well...

I got a Don Hume IWB for a XDsc and it fits my sr9c PERFECT!

I carry it mid back in a right handed holster (I am right handed), as I naturally invert my palm when I reach behind my back.

Working out perfect, and I can wear anything and you can't see it at all!

Sponsored Links